Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post GF. MAGNIFICENT PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP ! - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carcarly_pieland 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this be one of the finest Finals series for a Premiership team?

QF - Smashed the Dogs by >10 goals
PF - Crippled the once-mighty Catters by >80 points before putting the cue back in the rack
GF Mark I - draw with the Aints
GF Mark II - Belted the Aints by 56 points

Apart from the draw (which only makes the ultimate victory that much sweeter), all oppositions barely gave a yelp. They all crumbled under our structure, our belief, and our relentless pressure.

We have not defeated a Victorian side in finals after 1990 until a month ago. The boys then went on to win 3 out of the 4 games in the most convincing fashion. No words can describe how proud I am of being a Collingwood supporter!

I heart you, Collingwood!

winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:47 am

I must admit that shed a tear. You bloody beauty Pies
Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:14 am

I just watched the replay again and I have 2 comments to make:

(1) How good was Leroy Brown when the heat was on? Tremendous. Gee he made them hurt and did not let 2 or 3 dodgy free kicks against him affect his game.

(2) Luke Balls first half. Stunning.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:12 am

Big T wrote:
I just watched the replay again and I have 2 comments to make:

(1) How good was Leroy Brown when the heat was on? Tremendous. Gee he made them hurt and did not let 2 or 3 dodgy free kicks against him affect his game.

(2) Luke Balls first half. Stunning.

Leroy was Terrific. I was hoping he would turn it on as he had a quiet one in the Drawn GF. the hardness tackling and bullucking was a key in winning the midfield battle. The Saints were under the pump with Leroy in there!! Ball turned it around as well and was just great!!
Peter Griffin 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:24 am

Brilliant.. Enjoyed every minute from Lionel to Bridie O'Reilly's.. Great seats, great game, great experience.. I'm just sorry I didn't go with better company, didn't party afterwards as I should have and slept through family day.. I did get in for a couple of high fives and really annoyed the aints supporters around me with me really annoyingly high pitched squeal.. Hehehe.. Just cos they had nothing to scream about!! Who cares!
lanstro 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:23 am

Especially enjoyed Leroy slamming the rat into the turf in the second? quarter, when the ball was in our 50. Commentators said something like '... and you see why they call him the anvil.'
Nutmeg Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:57 am

THE PIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it's a bit belated, but I haven't had internet access until today.

LOVING THIS!

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:17 am

Thank You Collingwood I love you
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:27 am

partypie wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Lazza wrote:
For me its about partial completion!

I still HATE the Saints for thug O'Dea king hitting Greening, but them losing today eased that pain a little bit.
I HATE them for beating us by a measly point in 1966 but today's flag has erased that memory.
I HATE Ross Lyon for being such an arrogant pig about the entire Luke Ball issue but seeing Ball win a flag made me incredibly happy.
Lastly I remember me and my magpie mates being verbally abused and physically threatened by St Kilda ferals as 11 year olds at the Moorabbin ground. We have now had the last laugh you stupid twats!

I have been healed in the most wonderful way by my magnificent mighty magpies. What a team, what a club and what an awesome magpie army we truly are - Our AFL domination will be the envy of the nation!!!!!!! Razz Twisted Evil Cool

Love you pies!!

Let it go Lazza. Life's too short to hate any more. We've seen Collingwood win another flag and there's plenty more to come.

Our best players yesterday were all kids. Pendlebury 22, Sidebottom 21, Daisy 22. Unbelievable! We can dominate for years to come if we play our cards right. Very Happy

I DO hear what you are saying but its a case of you not being able to empathise with my feelings because you didn't experience the hurt.

BTW, I had the pleasure of bumping into Magpie Greg at the Collingwood Family day today and FWIW, he too fully agrees with me on the above post issues.

Hey Mods, with this wonderful flag fuelling feelings of peace and friendship all around and all the great spirit that now abounds at Nick's, is it possible to waive or reduce Magpie Greg's suspension from Nick's? I for one miss his posts and incredible knowledge of magpie history.

Please consider this humble request with grace and goodwill at this magnificent time when we too at Nick's MUST all stand SIDE BY SIDE and put aside any silly past issues or events that tear us apart sometimes and embrace the Collingwood ties that bind us together against the hated, vile common enemy of all the other AFL clubs.

Sorry Lazza I am old enough to remember the Greening incident all too well. Number 22 was my favourite player and I was gutted with what happened to him., but this is a new generation. The St Kilda players of today and even the club have nothing any more to do with what happened then, and besides, we're better than them. So let it go! I know John Greening has.

Look if you were there at Moorabbin on that fateful day and your experience of the feral Saints fans was very different to me and my young mates, fair enough. You are a much bigger and better man than me Ganga Din! I take my hat off to you dude. I was obviously scarred for life by those bloody feral St Kilda mongrals Evil or Very Mad Mad

Mods, please refer to my comments regarding Magpie Greg in my original reply.

I was there too. It was bad. Let it go.

To each their own. I respect your opinion and feelings but my lifelong magpie mates and I have ours too. My problem is mainly with their feral fans, as I was a very close classmate of Trevor Barker's at Cheltenham High School and had a little more than usual to do with the St Kilda club itself and some former players, although the club have NEVER formally apologised for O'Dea's vile thuggery and never will in all probability.

rocketronnie, I think you are being very harsh. ALL I'm asking is for a reduction in Magpie Greg's suspension in these times of goodwill and united Collingwood harmony. It's like letting a wonderful magpie brother back into the family. After all, the last PERFECT person was hung on a cross!! I know that I'm not perfect and neither is anyone else.

Otherwise we are a bunch of absolute bloody first class hypocrites at Nick's, preaching united joy at this fantastic and happy time but excluding a loyal, long time Collingwood brother. Blatant double standards by all.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:44 am

It is a beautiful world of Black and White. Just so happy and proud of our lads. So much hard work , the confidence they played with was amazing. McHale and Pants would be smiling from the sky, especially when Dawesy smashed through that big one at the punt road end! and Didak iced it from the pocket into the Ponny! GO PIES!

www.facebook/the hybernators
raymond35 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:53 am

If it hasnt been linked up elsewhere, this Paul Roos article sums up the game beautifully, and shows what a brilliant football mind Roosy is.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/you-do-the-math-paul-roos/story-e6frf9jf-1225933622010

Larabee 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:54 am

Have watched and talked about Heater's "Spoil of the Millenium" so many times since Saturday. Hilarious.

How many times can we watch the GF replay replay until it gets obsessive? Maybe I need to see a shrink? Laughing Laughing

Akos 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:23 am

I want to say a big thank you to the Collingwood Football Club and it's leaders! That was an amazing season and a perfect Grand Final, I dont think it gets better than that!
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:39 am

Could it have worked out any better?

Defeat the three VIC teams we have lost to in all finals over the past 20 years in the space of one month to claim the cup!!!

Saints save us from a relatively boring 2010 GF DVD by drawing with us, enabling us to smash them in style the following week so that we can watch 16 more AWESOME goals for forever and a day!

The Saints were meant to draw with us.

That ball was meant to bounce away from Milne.

Luke Ball was meant to play the game of his life on the big stage vs his old team.

We were meant to win in true Collingwood 2010 style.

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:40 am

18.51 left in the second quarter. They show footage of Didak bumping into Milne as Milne is doing up his shoe laces. Milne nearly falls over and runs after Didak.

This after Milne's possessionless first quarter Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 18 of 27   

Jump to: