Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Tigers def. Pies - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 35 wrote:
If i was a new coach inbounding to Collingwood.

I would be well aware of Jason Johanessen holding off his contract talks. We need to replace Ramsay with this guy.

And i've been saying it for years. There is no doubt about it. Martin is the next Swan. Maybe possibly even more influential.

These 2 players are must gets and will make a dramitic change

Martin a free agent so it's all about salary cap
Johannisen would need to be traded as he is 1 year away from free agency

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:36 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Does anyone still think giving JDG another 3 extra weeks was a smart idea.
I didn't so then and I still think the same now.

yep, could sure use him now. Rolling Eyes

No way and in the words of Aerosmith he would have got a "Permanent Vacation". No love in this elevator!

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:41 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
For the ignorant, of which there are many on this site, read the below:

Quarter 1
- Sidebottom misses a snap at an open goal
- Moore misses a set shot
- Crisp misses a set shot

Quarter 2
- Fasolo misses a set shot
- White misses a set shot (from the boundary, so he should be cut some slack)
- Hoskin-Elliott shanks a kick from half forward across ground straight to Richmond, Cotchin goals on the rebound
- Aish misses a set shot
- Fasolo misses a snap towards an open goal
- Treloar kicks out of bounds on the full running towards goal under no pressure
- Pendles kicks out of bounds on the full on his right foot

Quarter 3
- Treloar misses a set shot after White finds him with a beautiful left foot pass around the body. Kicks this we are 22 points up.
- Mayne misses from 15 metres out
- Fasolo misses a set shot from directly in front
- Goldsack kicks in straight to Lennon, a goal results
- Grundy misses from 50 on the run under no pressure
- Fasolo tries to centre the ball to Moore makes a skill error and gives the ball to Richmond in a dangerous position. A goal on the rebound results.

At this stage of the game, we are 8 points behind, and there are 17 instances, that's right 17, were we should have goaled and stopped them from goaling. This is all from memory and if I went through the replay I am sure I will find 2 to 3 goals more for Richmond caused by our poor decision making or skills. The game should have been done and dusted at half time, let alone 3/4 time.

Consequently, stop posting drivel regarding Buckley and think before you post. This loss sits squarely with the players. If you don't think so, post something to counter the above. Not generic statements like, the coach is responsible for skills. You are kidding yourself if you don't think Buckley and his coaching staff work on our skills. It is easy to do it in training, but it is very hard to replicate the pressure of match conditions, which skills need to be executed under.

This analysis is useless as it fails to acknowledge the difficulty of each kick, and therefore the likelihood of goals actually being kicked. Pendles right foot snap went OOF, but the most likely outcome was probably a behind.

Secondly, it ignores Richmond's scoring opportunities as you can mount the same argument that Richmond could have kicked goals with every scoring opportunity.

No it factually succincts the ineptitude of our kicking prowess excellently!

SuperSwede 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:49 pm

The third quarter is so often referred to as the premiership quarter, and how true this turned out to be yesterday. Mayne had a set shot at goal only 15 metres out which he managed to miss. If this reflects badly on Nathan Buckley I don’t know. Likewise Treloar had an opportunity to put us 23 points up also from a set shot – arguably not quite as easy. After that the Tigers grabbed the momentum and the game was lost from there on. We had the opportunities but couldn’t grab them, the Tigers could.
It makes me wonder a little bit, the week before we hit the front briefly in the third quarter, but were unable to hang on. At the back end of last year we came very close to beating the Bulldogs and Hawthorn, but ultimately lost by a very small margin. Somebody – I think it was somebody calling himself Krakauoer Magic – wrote that we had a losing culture. I have tended to dismiss most of his rantings as nothing more than populism, but I am beginning to wonder if he hasn’t got a point.
I believe that we have the capacity to beat just about any side in the competition, but we don’t seem to be able to deliver. I also believe that we have a coach who knows footy inside out as much as anyone in the business. But can he instill that ruthlessness in our side? You know the mentality to grab the opportunity when it’s there and not let up until the opponent’s down and out. I believe that in most games there comes a stage when the game is up for grabs and the side which can kick the crucial goal, lay the crucial tackles or whatever can take hold of the momentum and ultimately go on and win.
I am a Buckley supporter through and through, but I am beginning to have doubts about the mental side of our team. I do hope and pray that those doubts are unfounded. However if we cannot make the finals this year I think Buckley owes it to himself to step down.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:56 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Number 35 wrote:
If i was a new coach inbounding to Collingwood.

I would be well aware of Jason Johanessen holding off his contract talks. We need to replace Ramsay with this guy.

And i've been saying it for years. There is no doubt about it. Martin is the next Swan. Maybe possibly even more influential.

These 2 players are must gets and will make a dramitic change

Martin a free agent so it's all about salary cap
Johannisen would need to be traded as he is 1 year away from free agency

He's also looking for (apparently) north of $700k. For a half back flanker, no fkn way.

MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:24 pm

We sure could have used Cloke last night.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:28 pm

MarkOSuv wrote:
We sure could have used Cloke last night.

Ok ok - we all know that but we should also all know it was him or Bucks, and Bucks has got a contract!!! Rolling Eyes
Greeny2968 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:41 pm

Cloke - 3 goals already in game v Swans.
Obviously didn't want to play for Bucks.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:41 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
For the ignorant, of which there are many on this site, read the below:

Quarter 1
- Sidebottom misses a snap at an open goal
- Moore misses a set shot
- Crisp misses a set shot

Quarter 2
- Fasolo misses a set shot
- White misses a set shot (from the boundary, so he should be cut some slack)
- Hoskin-Elliott shanks a kick from half forward across ground straight to Richmond, Cotchin goals on the rebound
- Aish misses a set shot
- Fasolo misses a snap towards an open goal
- Treloar kicks out of bounds on the full running towards goal under no pressure
- Pendles kicks out of bounds on the full on his right foot

Quarter 3
- Treloar misses a set shot after White finds him with a beautiful left foot pass around the body. Kicks this we are 22 points up.
- Mayne misses from 15 metres out
- Fasolo misses a set shot from directly in front
- Goldsack kicks in straight to Lennon, a goal results
- Grundy misses from 50 on the run under no pressure
- Fasolo tries to centre the ball to Moore makes a skill error and gives the ball to Richmond in a dangerous position. A goal on the rebound results.

At this stage of the game, we are 8 points behind, and there are 17 instances, that's right 17, were we should have goaled and stopped them from goaling. This is all from memory and if I went through the replay I am sure I will find 2 to 3 goals more for Richmond caused by our poor decision making or skills. The game should have been done and dusted at half time, let alone 3/4 time.

Consequently, stop posting drivel regarding Buckley and think before you post. This loss sits squarely with the players. If you don't think so, post something to counter the above. Not generic statements like, the coach is responsible for skills. The players are professional athletes paid a lot of money to do their job properly, which is to execute their skills and decision making on match days. Last night they were 2 out of 10 in these areas.

In conclusion, you are kidding yourself if you don't think Buckley and his coaching staff work on our skills. It is easy to do it in training, but it is very hard to replicate the pressure of match conditions, which skills need to be executed under.

your first line really is not very nice or necessary.

and the last, all teams have the same pressure out there, why is it ours is not handling it? we had a lot of seasoned players last night who were are shit with their skills as the new kids.

this loss may sit with the players, but why are they such a rabble? no cohesion? as for only 8 points behind at 3/4 time, we should have been up about 30! Buckley says hes gone if we don't make finals, if we cant even beat Richmond we wont go near finals. richmond were putrid last night too, it was just an awful game. and we should have won.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:45 pm

MarkOSuv wrote:
Cloke will flourish under a coach who knows how to utilise him.

He already has 3 tonight.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:02 pm

A translation of Buckley's post game press conference

https://www.facebook.com/willandmj/videos/vb.377548065950297/400760973629006/

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:05 pm

Close might kick a few more under the roof too. Not sure it proves much either way.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:06 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
MarkOSuv wrote:
Cloke will flourish under a coach who knows how to utilise him.

He already has 3 tonight.

Just imagine how well the rest of our list would go under a new coach.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:33 pm

Cam wrote:
Close might kick a few more under the roof too. Not sure it proves much either way.

all from free kicks he never got with us. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
slangman 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:57 pm

Cloke should give the money back from last year. That was an absolute pathetic "effort" from a player on top dollar.
He shouldn't blame anyone for not being at Collingwood but himself.
Has put more effort and lead out more in one game for the bulldogs than he did the last few years for us who were paying him triple of what the bulldogs are.
Disgusting to know that he cares more about helping the bulldogs young forwards on a low wage than honour his contract (hell, even reduced) helping Moore develop.
Just shows how much he really cared about us.
There have been many players leave us for other teams that have hurt.
Daisy land beams leaving hurt the most coz I loved watching both of them play. But at least I understood that the money they were offered was hard to knock back. I couldn't blame them too much.
But Cloke....now that a totally different one altogether. Held us to ransom to suit himself for what he wanted then left us when the time came he once again did only what suited him.
Get stuffed Clokey. I won't respect him until the money is returned.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 18 of 24   

Jump to: