Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 176, 177, 178 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott is a little like Monty Python's Black Knight.

He fluked a premiership in his first season and has been choking it up in finals ever since. I think any discussion of him being "COTY" must await seeing whether his team falls over hopelessly in September, yet again - even if they don't, there's an award for premiership coach - coach of the year should be an award for the person who shows the best return with what they've got. 21 finals for 15 losses is scarcely the work of a coach of the year.

Otherwise, do we think that our coach might make reasonable use of Hawkins, Jeremy Cameron and Stengle?

Last edited by Pies4shaw on Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:38 pm

Big T wrote:
It's an opinion. Scott has done a tremendous job.

Being a Collingwood supporter & giving that club & that p.rick any kudos is just plainly wrong.
Take away their easy ‘home games’ and they’re back with the rest of the pack. Only reason they play at ghmba is money.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:11 pm

Caro please retire.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:13 pm

chuckcrowley wrote:
I think it's just a subjective opinion

I prefer an objective opinion that is valued. Subjective opinions are like arseholes………………………

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:25 pm

^ objective, subjective it’s still just a personal opinion from someone who hates Collingwood. That’s all.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:50 pm

That show is knowen for anti Pie feeling there Caro and that Red headed young chap too not too sure on his name.Sam McClure never says a good thing about us either.
On the footy show on sunday am its that Cornes also.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:39 pm

Caroline Wilson has been voted AFL Journalist of the Year more than once.

She often writes very incisive articles on the inner workings of the AFL which shine a light on some of the 'darker' aspects of our code's management from Head Office.

I don't always agree with her writings, but she always makes me think and consider another's point of view and that can't be a bad thing, can it??

In terms of who has had the better year as Coach, would this even be a discussion point had we not blown a 39 point lead against the Cats (we would be one game clear if we had held on during that game...)

Both excellent coaches- McRae has been wonderful but plaudits for the transformation of Geelong that Scott has overseen...

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:42 pm

Fly as he generally over saw the fastest re build in history.

But its aint done till we get that premiership cup in our hands though.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:55 pm

It's a TV show guys. Caro is paid to stir the pot. After all she has succeeded now in getting Pies fans talking about her and her show. Rolling Eyes
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:24 pm

David wrote:
It's just an opinion, and not like she even has any say in who the AFL Coaches Association end up picking. McRae has achieved a lot as a first-year coach, but Scott has taken an ageing team that everyone keeps writing off to what looks like a minor premiership – you could make a case for either of them, and as others have noted, a lot depends on how the finals pan out. Bit of a silly thread tbh

Yeah, both coaches have done a really good job. Everyone agrees that McRae has done a marvellous job at Pieland and the everyone agrees that the Cats have reinvented their game plan mid season to become a serious premiership threat. I think McRae will win it unless we get punished over the next 4 weeks.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:43 pm

warburton lad wrote:
Caroline Wilson has been voted AFL Journalist of the Year more than once.

She often writes very incisive articles on the inner workings of the AFL which shine a light on some of the 'darker' aspects of our code's management from Head Office.

I don't always agree with her writings, but she always makes me think and consider another's point of view and that can't be a bad thing, can it??

In terms of who has had the better year as Coach, would this even be a discussion point had we not blown a 39 point lead against the Cats (we would be one game clear if we had held on during that game...)

Both excellent coaches- McRae has been wonderful but plaudits for the transformation of Geelong that Scott has overseen...

Yeh sure, a team of bloody geriatric champions that are on their last absolute gasp for a flag, thats Scotty, on his last final ride. Hutchy whom i dont much agree with, told Caro in no uncertain terms, that she uses rumours, innuendo, sucttlebutt, and who told who gossip, to often fuel her columns, and she went ballistic, denying that vehmently. But Hutchy hit a raw nerve, and she could not hack it.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Big T 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:04 am

scoobydoo wrote:
Big T wrote:
It's an opinion. Scott has done a tremendous job.

Being a Collingwood supporter & giving that club & that p.rick any kudos is just plainly wrong.
Take away their easy ‘home games’ and they’re back with the rest of the pack. Only reason they play at ghmba is money.

They are smart. They kept their home ground. Well run club. Kudos to them.

MagpieWhisperer35 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:17 pm
Post subject: Re: Caro drops another clanger, on Coach of the Year.Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Here she goes again. Despite numerous footy commentators, many of them ex players like Matty Lloyd, choosing Fly as coach of the year, by far, Caro puts her oar in an says hes second, to Scott of Geelong. Like WTF ?? Scott and the Cats made the Prelim Final last yr, and have made finals for years now, on end. McCrae, took over a side that finished 17th last season, and barely missed the wooden spoon. He has taken that side, to now 3rd on the Ladder, with ten straight wins, we have come from nowhere, unlike the old cats, who were firmly in the Finals last season.

She even had the termerity to take issue with Matty Lloyd and interjected when he chose Fly, by a mile , he said. Sometimes her disdain and hatred of all things Collingwood, surprises even me. Surprised Mad

Of course she interjected, cannot watch Footy Classified if she is on it, her go to is to talk over the top of anyone who goes against the AFL party line she is paid to push.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:47 pm

Might I suggest any bias that is perceived by Caro is only matched by the tone of these posts. FFS, get some objectivity into your viewpoints.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:35 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
Might I suggest any bias that is perceived by Caro is only matched by the tone of these posts. FFS, get some objectivity into your viewpoints.

I get your point and I'm not singling you out.

But honestly, WTF, last time I looked this was a Collingwood Forum, you're asking people to be objective. Not what I expect and respectfully not what I come here for.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 176, 177, 178 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 177 of 182   

Jump to: