Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post GF. MAGNIFICENT PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP ! - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!! How good is it?
Have just wound up 2 days of partying, and although my voice is gone and i'm a bit seedy - I feel great.
That was one of the best things I have experienced.
To be there and see our boys win the flag, was amazing.
Thanks everyone on Nicks for a great year! We haven't always agreed on everything, but we always stick side by side. And today we are side by side as the 2010 Premiers!!! GOOOOOOOO PIIIIEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!
Thank to ALL our players( including Presti, Leon, O'Bree Tarks, Josh, Medders, Jack), all the coaching staff and Eddie. Well deserved!
And a little shout out to Paul the Octopus Wink
That feeling in the 3rd when Swanny kicked a goal, I knew we were home, but couldn't quite admit it yet. It brought a tear to my eye!
Go Pies!!
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:53 am

The one-two punch of Wellingham and Swan's goals from the same spot in the space of a minute was THE HAPPIEST I've ever felt at a game.

I wish there was a hot tub time machine to take me back to that moment.

blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:24 pm

It's fantastic to sit back and read through all these posts today.

I first came on Nicks almost 7 years ago and there's barely been a day since i haven't clicked on at least once, just to see if there's anything happening in Magpie-land.

To all the Nicksters who've made it worth coming back over the last 7 years, thanks & congrats!!!!

Victory is sweet!

theprestonflash Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:18 pm

What a brilliant weekend!
Had a few pre-game pints at the All Nations surrounded by a sea of Collingwood supporters. Met some great people.
Headed over to the 'G with my best mate and took our seats at the top of the Olympic Stand. The noise was unbelievable throughout.
Was pretty calm the entire day but being a traditional pessimist didn't truly fathom that we had it until Did's curled that brilliant snap off his right foot through. Teared up a bit then. The final quarter was amazing. I've never hugged and high-fived so many strangers in my life. But I guess they're my family. We all are one huge, wonderful family.
The roar when Harry O kicked that goal will stay with my forever.
Headed home and popped the champagne and fired up the BBQ. I live on Hoddle Street and the horns blaring and the long, slow Collingwood chants went on throughout the night.
Thankyou Collingwood.
GO PIES!
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:03 pm

woods_the_best wrote:
http://www.afl.com.au/video/tabid/76/default.aspx

Spend 20 mins folks and listen to MM in the after match press conference.

Really really interesting.

We now know MM calls it our game plan "The Box Format".

This game plan is not built upon having 20-22 super stars but 22 players who know the roles they must play each and every match. Yes we need some superstars like Swan, Didak, Pendles, Ball, Jolly etc and these players are the cream, but the fact that our bottom 6-7 players are better than every other team means that each week we are very very difficult to beat.

Every team will now spend the summer trying to take our game plan apart, but I think that MM has developed a game plan that is 12-18 months ahead of any other team/coach that it will be very very hard to beat in 2011.

As jack_spain asks "how good are our young players ?" Jack - the best in the AFL as we watched today. We took apart St. Kilda (and Geelong 2 weeks ago) like no other team has in the past 2 years.

Lets all enjoy this win, as we deserve it.

CFC - 2010 AFL Premiers - that is so sweet and rolls of the tongue so well.

Well done Collingwood, the players, the coaches, staff and the senior coach MM. We are so blessed to have them all. Very Happy

interesting that everyone feared the hawks' zone back in in 2008 and it looked near impossible to overcome.

throughout the year, those who listened closely enough to the coaches and players would have heard the words 'structure' and 'role' on many occasions. you do not need to be a stand out to have played your role. appearances can be deceptive.

keep the faith.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:28 pm
Post subject: lady luck is a fickle bitch!Reply with quote

I have now witnessed 2 flags from 14 tries!!!!!!!!!!
If Sumich had kicked straight in 1990 and the tiprat had grabbed that bouncing ball in the drawn GF everything would be the different! a Pie fan would be like an Aints fan now. I remember in 2002 Didak just failed to pull off a steal from the kick off from a point but in this GF replay he made a great smother and kicked truely which sealed the game to me!
What goes around comes around and the colliewobbles was only a bad luck story that was always going to be broken.
Luck is really a large part of any GF win including 2010. But as Rex Hunt said the harder I worked the luckier I got!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Pies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:43 pm

jmcp wrote:
woods_the_best wrote:
http://www.afl.com.au/video/tabid/76/default.aspx

Spend 20 mins folks and listen to MM in the after match press conference.

Really really interesting.

We now know MM calls it our game plan "The Box Format".

This game plan is not built upon having 20-22 super stars but 22 players who know the roles they must play each and every match. Yes we need some superstars like Swan, Didak, Pendles, Ball, Jolly etc and these players are the cream, but the fact that our bottom 6-7 players are better than every other team means that each week we are very very difficult to beat.

Every team will now spend the summer trying to take our game plan apart, but I think that MM has developed a game plan that is 12-18 months ahead of any other team/coach that it will be very very hard to beat in 2011.

As jack_spain asks "how good are our young players ?" Jack - the best in the AFL as we watched today. We took apart St. Kilda (and Geelong 2 weeks ago) like no other team has in the past 2 years.

Lets all enjoy this win, as we deserve it.

CFC - 2010 AFL Premiers - that is so sweet and rolls of the tongue so well.

Well done Collingwood, the players, the coaches, staff and the senior coach MM. We are so blessed to have them all. Very Happy

interesting that everyone feared the hawks' zone back in in 2008 and it looked near impossible to overcome.

throughout the year, those who listened closely enough to the coaches and players would have heard the words 'structure' and 'role' on many occasions. you do not need to be a stand out to have played your role. appearances can be deceptive.

keep the faith.

+1 Smile

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:12 am

Hi Nicksters,

Just a quick word as a Mod...

This topic will be one for the ages, a place to look back on in the years to come to reflect on how we were all feeling regarding one of the most magnificent Grand final wins in the history of the Collingwood Football Club. Can we please not Sully this with personal attacks, inner club issues and negativity. This topic is the place to celebrate and make comment on the game itself. I hope you can all join me in ensuring that this topic remains the place to express our happiness and joy.

Oh and a message to Mr Ross Lyon regarding this years premeirship win by the mighty Magpies - "Pick 30....That is all!."

GO THE PIES!!

Cheers

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:01 am

Northern Pie wrote:
Hi Nicksters,

Just a quick word as a Mod...

This topic will be one for the ages, a place to look back on in the years to come to reflect on how we were all feeling regarding one of the most magnificent Grand final wins in the history of the Collingwood Football Club. Can we please not Sully this with personal attacks, inner club issues and negativity. This topic is the place to celebrate and make comment on the game itself. I hope you can all join me in ensuring that this topic remains the place to express our happiness and joy.

Oh and a message to Mr Ross Lyon regarding this years premeirship win by the mighty Magpies - "Pick 30....That is all!."

GO THE PIES!!

Cheers

Well said, and bring on the Dynasty! Very Happy
Madpie35 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:06 am

Thank you to all the contributors to Nicks, you've made me laugh and you've made me cry by sharing your stories. Winning the Premiership is the best feeling in the world and sharing it with your mates makes it even better. To all those other supporters that rubbish us - be scared, be very scared cos' it's payback time. I just love our boys and I will ALWAYS love you Presti. Go Pies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:54 am

Maccaffer's over the head goal will be etched in my memory forever. See ya later St Sooka! GO PIES!

www.facebook/the hybernators
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:02 pm

Love the MMM commentary on the DVD. Keep referring to Milne as a "Tip Rat" Smile
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:05 pm

Smile Chat amongst yourselves.
FunkyPieMaster Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:56 pm
Post subject: Happiness and sadness at the same timeReply with quote

When that final siren rang out and we all started singing I shed so many tears for Dad who knew we would win it but passed away in July. One of the happiest but saddest moments of my life.
It was so good to be surround by so many joyous and caring Pies supporters both at the MCG and after the game, with some very kind words from MagpieDan at Victoria Park afterwards.
To Mick, Nick and the boys thanks for making a shared passion become a reality.

We didn't get our 40 acres and a mule
But you're my piece of the rock
And I love you CC
magpietrev 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:36 pm

Dare I say 2010-2011, side by side ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 19 of 27   

Jump to: