Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#3 Daniel Wells

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Deja Vu wrote:
De Gooey not doing it for ya?

Nein.Nyet.No.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:01 pm

Stevo75 wrote:
WOW! Sitting at work and nearly choked on my lunch. Why are some people so negative when they are supposed to be supporters? People like whatsinaname are killing this board and I suspect the reason why so many people have left or don't post anymore. So if Wells broke a collar bone would that be the coaches fault too? Go and get a hobby or drag yourself down to Punt Road and mingle with like minded people there.

wow, way to overreact.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:05 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:
Talking to a closed mind mt, get more response from a brick wall m8

That's self evident.

Anyway I think it's great that Wellsy is coming to Collingwood, but feel a little sad that many posters here have no concept of humour.

in what universe could your eternal negative rants and biased opinions be interpreted as some form of humour?

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:05 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:

Yes of course, nothing to do with 600k for 3.

I was shocked at that.

I'd rather us have paid him $200K over 8 years, play him for 2 years and then absorb the $200K per year over the remaining 6 years - it's not that much compared to TPP. That would make sure we're no locking up too much on one very old player.
Stevo75 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:19 pm

No overreaction going on here. Your clear disdain for the club and everything it stands for is disgraceful. Look at your signature FFS. Seriously go and smoke some cigars with that other flog! No one wants to hear your rubbish.
melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:33 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

I was shocked at that.

I'd rather us have paid him $200K over 8 years, play him for 2 years and then absorb the $200K per year over the remaining 6 years - it's not that much compared to TPP. That would make sure we're no locking up too much on one very old player.

Glad you not managing the TPP.

WE have cap room in the short term. Paying overs now (short term), doesn't hurt the list. In the long term, I'd hope the likes of Degoey, Moore, Shaz, Broomy, Adams, etc are all demanding big increases because of their great performances and team success. By then Wells will have retired.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:36 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
We are probably deep in intensive brainstorming sessions how we can spin the press conference how it is all due to Buck's that Wellsy has chosen Collingwood.

Blows your theory out of the water Mr Cigar doesn't it that it is all Bucks fault with all these players coming to the club.

Treloar, Howe, Mayne, Hoskin-Elliott and Wells in the last 2 years.

Maybe you should consider the behaviour of some of our players pre Buckley's time and what he inherited. I would suggest Mr Malthouse has a lot to answer for turning a blind eye to certain players and not to others, giving these players the view that they could do whatever they wanted. After 2010 this transformed into how these players played on field, that is with big heads.

You are kidding aren't you?
I thought his was an english speaking bulletin board !

No, Mr Cigar. I'll give you the quiet tip, if you and all your mates on this site were right about Bucks, then I would intuitively suggest these players would not be coming to Collingwood to play. Players talk to players, friends talk to friends and if it was as bad as you think, then the players would be steering well clear of the Pies.

1. He had an offer of 2 years at $500k per year from North.
2. Don't believe everything that journalists write. Suggest it will be 2 years at $600k and like Cloke's 5th year, the 3rd year salary will depend on targets being hit in years 1 and 2.
3. Liam Pickering is the manager of Aish, not sure if he manages any more Collingwood players, but he used to manage Pendles, so if you don't think Pickering put Wells in touch with at least those 2 players to suss out the lay of the land then you are naive.
4. North will not win a flag in the time that Wells has remaining in the game. Suggest that he can see a list at Collingwood that has been rebuilt, that is young and injuries permitting is on the rise and he is hoping he can be part of a Collingwood premiership before he retires. I wouldn't bet against that happening.

Last edited by mooretreloar on Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:38 pm

I'm not sure if this still applies, but I think a player his age has only half his salary credited against the salary cap, which makes it easier to pay top dollar for older players.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:39 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm not sure if this still applies, but I think a player his age has only half his salary credited against the salary cap, which makes it easier to pay top dollar for older players.

Unfortunately, no RudeBoy, has to be continuous service at the one club to qualify for the veterans list and the salary cap relief.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:40 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
We are probably deep in intensive brainstorming sessions how we can spin the press conference how it is all due to Buck's that Wellsy has chosen Collingwood.

Blows your theory out of the water Mr Cigar doesn't it that it is all Bucks fault with all these players coming to the club.

Maybe you should consider the behaviour of some of our players pre Buckley's time and what he inherited. I would suggest Mr Malthouse has a lot to answer for turning a blind eye to certain players and not to others, giving these players the view that they could do whatever they wanted. After 2010 this transformed into how these players played on field, that is with big heads.

No, Mr Cigar. I'll give you the quiet tip, if you and all your mates on this site were right about Bucks, then I would intuitively suggest these players would not be coming to Collingwood to play. Players talk to players, friends talk to friends and if it was as bad as you think, then the players would be steering well clear of the Pies.

2. Don't believe everything that journalists write. Suggest it will be 2 years at $600k and like Cloke's 5th year, the 3rd year salary will depend on targets being hit in years 1 and 2.
3. Liam Pickering is the manager of Aish, not sure if he manages any more Collingwood players, but he used to manage Pendles, so if you don't think Pickering put Wells in touch with at least those 2 players to suss out the lay of the land then you are naive.
4. North will not win a flag in the time that Wells has remaining in the game. Suggest that he can see a list at Collingwood that has been rebuilt, that is young and injuries permitting is on the rise and he is hoping he can be part of a Collingwood premiership before he retires. I wouldn't bet against that happening.

That's a nice sounding scenario, but in truth I reckon he's simply gone after the money - and at his age, he'd be mad to do otherwise.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:45 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

That's a nice sounding scenario, but in truth I reckon he's simply gone after the money - and at his age, he'd be mad to do otherwise.

From what is reported about Wells's character, I very much doubt it has anything to with money.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:52 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:
Talking to a closed mind mt, get more response from a brick wall m8

That's self evident.

Anyway I think it's great that Wellsy is coming to Collingwood, but feel a little sad that many posters here have no concept of humour.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:55 pm

Quote:
2. Don't believe everything that journalists write

Quote:
From what is reported about Wells's character, I very much doubt it has anything to with money.

MT and DD - I suggest you both tell McMurphy and The Chief to return the bus and go home.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:01 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Welcome Wellsy! Good to have some class stay fit mate.

YES ! Welcome to the Woods Daniel, may you feature prominently in our next Finals campaign ! Wink

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:12 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Quote:
2. Don't believe everything that journalists write

Quote:

MT and DD - I suggest you both tell McMurphy and The Chief to return the bus and go home.

Damien Barrett had Harvey playing with us, apparently this isn't true seeing he retired.

You believe what you want to believe about the money, not going to try and convince you otherwise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 19 of 27   

Jump to: