Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post GF. MAGNIFICENT PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP ! - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dad, who isn't of our faith but has seen Premierships, patted me on the back sometime after Wellinghams last 1/4 goal and said "enjoy it - it's part of history now"...

I picked Collingwood from a Footy Record Ladder while sitting at Penguin Footy Oval when I was 4 and barely 3 weeks into living in Australia. No one knows why - may have had something to do with my soccer team St Mirren wearing black and white stripes. But we don't know. Everyone else in Penguin we knew was an Essendon supporter.

I remember sitting in a front garden in despair when Essendon won a Premiership on my birthday. I remember going to bed at 5 in the afternoon in tears when Akermanis stole the 02 flag. So many bad players. So many bad moments, wandering around weddings and parties getting stick for so many Collingwood failures. So many sneery Robert Walls articles, so many Sunday Footy Show "enquiries", so many stupid e-mailed jokes...

Mostly, I know remember where I was when I felt it turn. 73-61 down to Geelong, sitting in the Ponsford thinking "not AGAIN", Round 19 this year, 8 minutes to go in the 3rd...first Johnson, then Cloke, then Thomas, then Beams...goals galore...the first time I've not felt afraid of, say, what a Dunstall or Ablett or Aker or Ablett or Riewoldt etc could do to us. THEY had to be afraid of us...I could feel it in in their fans...a great moment...

This Premiership has made all those days sitting in front of the TV yelling at Craig Kelly or Mark McGough or Richard Cole or (I'm sorry!) Ben Reid or whoever was copping it worthwhile...

I wish I could go back and tell that kid, one day, it'll all be worth it!

World Champions...

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Hell yeah, baby!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Life doesn't get any sweeter than this!!!!

I'm so proud of my boys! This smile is going to be on my face for a veeeeeeery long time! Smile

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:50 pm

young saintdooley wanted to pass this on to nicksters:
Quote:

congrats, was well deserved and i honestly thought i would have been abused non stop but there actually are some good pies fans out there sending me nice txt/email and thanks to those people.

The Starcevich Coterie 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:05 pm

In this post grand final glory, I have loved flicking through various Luke Ball-related threads where Nick's posters pulled apart Ross Lyon's poor attitude toward his ex-captain and Collingwood during the 2009 trade week.

His attitude revealed his vulnerabilities as a coach and person. Stubborness, inflexibility, and a lack of respect for those who had earnt it.

These traits ultimately contributed to his undoing in 2010.

Love it. You beauty. Go Pies.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:29 am

Good point.

MOST of us were dead right about Ross Lyon's arrogant attitude but Lyon is too bloody pig headed and stubborn to admit that he and the club REALLY stuffed up regarding Ball. Quite a few St Kilda fans have told me this.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:50 am

^
Funny thing is Wellingham ws exactly the type of player they needed.
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:53 am

Yep, quick, ethnic, and not a rapist.

I don't know that he would have fit in at St Kilda though. Wellingham is a good kid, I'd hate for him to be corrupted by Milne and the <snip> Lyon.

<Go a bit easy please - the mods>
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:14 am

[quote="The_Staunton"]My Dad, who isn't of our faith but has seen Premierships, patted me on the back sometime after Wellinghams last 1/4 goal and said "enjoy it - it's part of history now"...

I picked Collingwood from a Footy Record Ladder while sitting at Penguin Footy Oval when I was 4 and barely 3 weeks into living in Australia. No one knows why - may have had something to do with my soccer team St Mirren wearing black and white stripes. But we don't know. Everyone else in Penguin we knew was an Essendon supporter.

I remember sitting in a front garden in despair when Essendon won a Premiership on my birthday. I remember going to bed at 5 in the afternoon in tears when Akermanis stole the 02 flag. So many bad players. So many bad moments, wandering around weddings and parties getting stick for so many Collingwood failures. So many sneery Robert Walls articles, so many Sunday Footy Show "enquiries", so many stupid e-mailed jokes...

Mostly, I know remember where I was when I felt it turn. 73-61 down to Geelong, sitting in the Ponsford thinking "not AGAIN", Round 19 this year, 8 minutes to go in the 3rd...first Johnson, then Cloke, then Thomas, then Beams...goals galore...the first time I've not felt afraid of, say, what a Dunstall or Ablett or Aker or Ablett or Riewoldt etc could do to us. THEY had to be afraid of us...I could feel it in in their fans...a great moment...

This Premiership has made all those days sitting in front of the TV yelling at Craig Kelly or Mark McGough or Richard Cole or (I'm sorry!) Ben Reid or whoever was copping it worthwhile...

I wish I could go back and tell that kid, one day, it'll all be worth it!

World Champions...
[/quote]

Staunton, even though our life stories are different, they're also the same ... well said, I know exactly where you're coming from ...

I was born a drop-kick (from Vicky Park!) and wear that as a badge of honour.

1970 crushed me, the John Greening incident in 72, the losing finals & esp the GFs so many too many, the colliwobbles & the bitter taunting from others who seemed to have so much invested in our pain ...

I too wish I could go back in time and say to myself ... don't worry & fret so much ... it will happen ... yes 2 now in my lifetime, and I feel so at peace.

Simone 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:16 pm

Lost my father in 2000, he would have been so happy and joyous with this win. But he was with me in spirit on Saturday. And all those grand final losses, and cruel jibes and insults from deadhead opp supporters, all those disappointing home and away games and the envy of watching other supporters enjoy the amazing feelings of jubilation of a Grand Final win and finally 02-03. The complete and utter heartbreak, for Eddie, Mick and Nathan and for our supporters all seem to have healed so much overnight with this wonderful victory. And I am enjoying every bloody minute of it......... We are part of a very special family, the Collingwood Football Club and I am so proud and honoured. Love you Presti and I hope you continue on for one more year and even though Nathan you didnt captain a Cwood premiership, you were and are inspirational. FLOREAT PICA.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:37 pm

jmcp wrote:
young saintdooley wanted to pass this on to nicksters:
Quote:

congrats, was well deserved and i honestly thought i would have been abused non stop but there actually are some good pies fans out there sending me nice txt/email and thanks to those people.

LOL Dooley. Good lad. Very Happy
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:38 pm

When was this exactly? What would make you was abused non stop but there are some good pies fans out there sending him or her nice txtemail and thanks to those people?
one eyed magpie 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:31 pm
Post subject: Good Old Collingwood ForeverReply with quote

I have been a member of this board for many years, but it has been a long time since I posted anything. So long in fact that I had to be reminded by the admin what my user name is and reset my password.

I just had to get on here and say that I am so deliriously happy, even days later.

I have followed Collingwood since I was a kid, not long after they lost the 66 GF to the Saints. Like so many others I have suffered through the lost chances over the years. When 1990 came I thought it was the greatest feeling possible.

I was wrong.

This is even better.

You Beauty!!!!!!!!

I am just so happy.

GO PIES!!!!!!!! The greatest team ever
woods4eva Pisces

The power of Collingwood compels you

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:41 pm

My dad was a crows fan - dont hold that against him - he always said that he would follow the Pies if they went further in the finals than Adelaide. This year at age 87 illness beset him but he still had that spirit and verve to share a joke. Early on the Sunday morning after the drawn GF he passed away - he somehow knew that this was going to be our year - at the SA Magpies function last saturday I had him beside me in spirit cheering every goal, every bump and I toasted him well after the match.......

SA Magpies Member

samagpies.magpies.net

Last edited by woods4eva on Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:15 am
Post subject: Re: Good Old Collingwood ForeverReply with quote

one eyed magpie wrote:
I have been a member of this board for many years, but it has been a long time since I posted anything. So long in fact that I had to be reminded by the admin what my user name is and reset my password.

I just had to get on here and say that I am so deliriously happy, even days later.

I have followed Collingwood since I was a kid, not long after they lost the 66 GF to the Saints. Like so many others I have suffered through the lost chances over the years. When 1990 came I thought it was the greatest feeling possible.

I was wrong.

This is even better.

You Beauty!!!!!!!!

I am just so happy.

GO PIES!!!!!!!! The greatest team ever

Yeah same here - don't post much but have to say this just keeps feeling great. Someone said a lot has been healed by this premiership and it sure does feel good in so many ways.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:28 am

woods4eva wrote:
My dad was a crows fan - dont hold that against him - he always said that he would follow the Pies if they went further in the finals than Adelaide. This year at age 87 illness beset him but he still had that spirit and verve to share a joke. Early on the Sunday morning after the drawn GF he passed away - he somehow knew that this was going to be our year - at the SA Magpies function last saturday I had him beside me cheering every goal, every bump and I toasted him well after the match.......

Nice story! Very Happy

www.facebook/the hybernators
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 20 of 27   

Jump to: