Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#3 Daniel Wells

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

mooretreloar wrote:

You believe what you want to believe about the money, not going to try and convince you otherwise.

You already did - or was just that a feeble attempt to convince yourself?
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:23 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

You believe what you want to believe about the money, not going to try and convince you otherwise.

You already did - or was just that a feeble attempt to convince yourself?

All good my end, my view is very clear a few posts back.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:37 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I'm not sure if this still applies, but I think a player his age has only half his salary credited against the salary cap, which makes it easier to pay top dollar for older players.

Unfortunately, no RudeBoy, has to be continuous service at the one club to qualify for the veterans list and the salary cap relief.

Bugger Sad
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:41 pm

The alleged contract is speculation. Hine said they are working on that. Happy with Wells in the line up.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:58 pm

Don't know why we're even having this argument about money and term of contract. The argument should be about do we want him or don't we want him. If the answer is, we want him, you need to pay at market, or above market, depending on who else is bidding for him. If the purported figures of his contract details are correct, it sounds high, but that would only be because other clubs are vying for signature, so we need to offer more to get him. Age doesn't really come into it, because these days short term contracts are the norm and players are going from club to club once they serve their contract.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:58 pm

Stevo75 wrote:
No overreaction going on here. Your clear disdain for the club and everything it stands for is disgraceful. Look at your signature FFS. Seriously go and smoke some cigars with that other flog! No one wants to hear your rubbish.

Oh, you're Jackcass' other account. That explains everything.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:04 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
We are probably deep in intensive brainstorming sessions how we can spin the press conference how it is all due to Buck's that Wellsy has chosen Collingwood.

Blows your theory out of the water Mr Cigar doesn't it that it is all Bucks fault with all these players coming to the club.

Treloar, Howe, Mayne, Hoskin-Elliott and Wells in the last 2 years.

Maybe you should consider the behaviour of some of our players pre Buckley's time and what he inherited. I would suggest Mr Malthouse has a lot to answer for turning a blind eye to certain players and not to others, giving these players the view that they could do whatever they wanted. After 2010 this transformed into how these players played on field, that is with big heads.

You are kidding aren't you?
I thought his was an english speaking bulletin board !

No, Mr Cigar. I'll give you the quiet tip, if you and all your mates on this site were right about Bucks, then I would intuitively suggest these players would not be coming to Collingwood to play. Players talk to players, friends talk to friends and if it was as bad as you think, then the players would be steering well clear of the Pies.

Yes of course, nothing to do with 600k for 3.

1. He had an offer of 2 years at $500k per year from North.
2. Don't believe everything that journalists write. Suggest it will be 2 years at $600k and like Cloke's 5th year, the 3rd year salary will depend on targets being hit in years 1 and 2.
3. Liam Pickering is the manager of Aish, not sure if he manages any more Collingwood players, but he used to manage Pendles, so if you don't think Pickering put Wells in touch with at least those 2 players to suss out the lay of the land then you are naive.
4. North will not win a flag in the time that Wells has remaining in the game. Suggest that he can see a list at Collingwood that has been rebuilt, that is young and injuries permitting is on the rise and he is hoping he can be part of a Collingwood premiership before he retires. I wouldn't bet against that happening.

That's a nice sounding scenario, but in truth I reckon he's simply gone after the money - and at his age, he'd be mad to do otherwise.

From what is reported about Wells's character, I very much doubt it has anything to with money.

Interesting. I like your reasoning. What may I ask, has been reported about his character?

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:26 pm

September Zeros wrote:
Souvenirs, razor blades....parrrrrrty tricks?

From "Top Secret" I guess? Some of Val Kilmer's finest work....

mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:30 pm

think positive wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
We are probably deep in intensive brainstorming sessions how we can spin the press conference how it is all due to Buck's that Wellsy has chosen Collingwood.

Blows your theory out of the water Mr Cigar doesn't it that it is all Bucks fault with all these players coming to the club.

Treloar, Howe, Mayne, Hoskin-Elliott and Wells in the last 2 years.

Maybe you should consider the behaviour of some of our players pre Buckley's time and what he inherited. I would suggest Mr Malthouse has a lot to answer for turning a blind eye to certain players and not to others, giving these players the view that they could do whatever they wanted. After 2010 this transformed into how these players played on field, that is with big heads.

You are kidding aren't you?
I thought his was an english speaking bulletin board !

No, Mr Cigar. I'll give you the quiet tip, if you and all your mates on this site were right about Bucks, then I would intuitively suggest these players would not be coming to Collingwood to play. Players talk to players, friends talk to friends and if it was as bad as you think, then the players would be steering well clear of the Pies.

Yes of course, nothing to do with 600k for 3.

1. He had an offer of 2 years at $500k per year from North.
2. Don't believe everything that journalists write. Suggest it will be 2 years at $600k and like Cloke's 5th year, the 3rd year salary will depend on targets being hit in years 1 and 2.
3. Liam Pickering is the manager of Aish, not sure if he manages any more Collingwood players, but he used to manage Pendles, so if you don't think Pickering put Wells in touch with at least those 2 players to suss out the lay of the land then you are naive.
4. North will not win a flag in the time that Wells has remaining in the game. Suggest that he can see a list at Collingwood that has been rebuilt, that is young and injuries permitting is on the rise and he is hoping he can be part of a Collingwood premiership before he retires. I wouldn't bet against that happening.

That's a nice sounding scenario, but in truth I reckon he's simply gone after the money - and at his age, he'd be mad to do otherwise.

From what is reported about Wells's character, I very much doubt it has anything to with money.

Interesting. I like your reasoning. What may I ask, has been reported about his character?

Apparently, he is a very quiet man, who sets a great example on and off the field. From what I have heard he places a lot of emphasis on loyalty and was not very happy with how Harvey, Petrie, Dal Santo and Firrito were treated and thought he may be next in a year or two.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:33 pm

mooretreloar wrote:
From what I have heard he places a lot of emphasis on loyalty

Apparently about 600k's worth.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:34 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

lmao!!
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:38 pm

Great pick up if he stays fit
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:38 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

lmao!!

Yeah its a riot isn't it?

Because no other player in the history of Aussie rules has ever gone for the money.

What a pair

It's like strolling down the midway at the local fair and seeing a stall with the third clown face missing Rolling Eyes
mooretreloar 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:44 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

lmao!!

Believe what you want to believe. You both should be ashamed to call yourselves Collingwood supporters.

Not sure what you are going to do with your lives when Collingwood rises up the ladder and you can't assainate Buck's character anymore.

Very happy to have a person of good character coming to the club after having a lot of questionable characters in the past decade.

The question that should be being asked is Wells going to make us a better team in 2017. The answer is an undeniable yes.

Last edited by mooretreloar on Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:45 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
mooretreloar wrote:

lmao!!

Tell ya what, if this deal goes through and in the next three years he spends as much time sitting in the stands watching the seniors as Clinton Young did, then i'd say heads will roll....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 20 of 27   

Jump to: