Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#8 Lachie Schultz

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
I think our club knew Henry wanted out early in the 2022 season, when he refused to sign a contract extension. If they knew he has determined to join his brother at the Cats, then there was no reason to play him in our senior team.

Maybe we coulda tried to poach his brother... Idea
K 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:15 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Yeah, I reckon that was his best game so far for us.

For sure... But that's not hard.
Kingston Lucas Tuck 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:13 pm

A handful of thoughts on Sgt Shultz
- at the outset we need to understand that smaller men have forever Ruled The World …Napoleon Ghandi Nehru , Winston Churchill …Don Bradman AB and Rod Laver …just to pluck a handful in other areas …but more relevantly Bob Skilton and even more importnatly… Thorold M, Lou and Ron , anyone named Shaw apart from Dereck …and ditto re anyone surnamed Daicos …so Sgt Shultz was born to rule and dominate ( do I need to say more ???)
- last week he was ( and I am trying to be objective here) looking like he is “ getting there”
- three things he must demonstrate
Much more sheer ferocity at the ground level and airial contests . Remember Sgt …we have no Jamie nor Checkers nor Richards …so mate you are it
Second every tackle must stick and hurt , parricularly on May
Finally when the goals beckon — drill them .

Shultz can be vital to our success. Moaning about terms of drafting is after the even second guessing bull
The Sgt is in our ranks and we need him to perform

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:44 pm

Thought I'd bring a bit of objectivity into the Schultz trade. Winding back to trade night, we gave up ~
*Pick 34 equiv. 542 points / 42 XG (expected games)
*2024 R1 (Collingwood) (estimate: pick #18 ) equiv. 985 points / 63 XG.
From a quantitative aspect, that equated to 1,527 trade points or 105 XG, equivalent to pick #8 or #9, not that we had the currency to trade up to that.

Given Schultz is 12 games into his career with the CFC, and 102 games into his AFL career, we've effectively brought in a proven Pick 20 or better, based on average XG.
https://www.draftguru.com.au/picks

Undoubtedly, we might have traded away a pick that could have secured us a future gun, but I still view the Club made the right move and went with certainty of what we need now, over the lottery of a late 1st round pick.
Since the deal was announced in October 2023, come finals he'll have had the best part of 12 months to settle into a new city and new Club.
That's when I fully expect his 100+ games experience will prove invaluable.
Stop and pause for a moment to consider he hasn't played half a season with us yet. Post season, we can ultimately offer objectivity as to whether we were on the right side of that trade deal.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:49 pm

^^ agree. Guy is 12 games into the second half of his career. He's a known entity. I think his output has been fine considering he's still pretty new. McReery, Hill and Elliott have had plenty of games where their output looks just the same and a big part of that is the position.

Better get used to contemplating what could have been with draft picks, because doesnt sound like the club thinks thats the way forward...

https://twitter.com/SamLandsberger/status/1780719155446161836

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:53 pm

It makes logical sense. At this stage of the Collingwood drive towards a consecutive premiership, it was a no brainer to get an experienced player instead of a speculative draft prospect. Collingwood was correct in its choice.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:22 pm

Kingston Lucas Tuck wrote:
A handful of thoughts on Sgt Shultz
- at the outset we need to understand that smaller men have forever Ruled The World …Napoleon Ghandi Nehru , Winston Churchill …Don Bradman AB and Rod Laver …just to pluck a handful in other areas …but more relevantly Bob Skilton and even more importnatly… Thorold M, Lou and Ron , anyone named Shaw apart from Dereck …and ditto re anyone surnamed Daicos …so Sgt Shultz was born to rule and dominate ( do I need to say more ???)

Look, I think Schultz is really starting to show form and I'm coming around to why we targeted him, but short people rule the world? Really?

Any adult male under 6 feet tall should be officially classified as a Hobbit. Nick Daicos at 184cm, just over 6 foot is proof of the superiority of the taller people, not to mention Pendles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8UVBgUd9GE

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:58 pm

[quote="stui magpie"]
Kingston Lucas Tuck wrote:

Don't worry Kingston Lucas Tuck, he means well but Stui's been like this since Ted Hopkins came on during the 3rd quarter of the 1970 Grand Final.
https://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?p=2191855&highlight=wee#2191855

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:06 pm

^

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Evil or Very Mad

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:14 pm

Another step forward today; shame he couldn't quite nail that 5th shot in 3rd term, as it would have effectively stopped North in their tracks a lot earlier.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:30 pm

Very good performance.

Him and Bobby were outstanding forward targets today.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:30 pm

Earlier in the season I commented that Schultz seemed to be playing a different role with us, further up the ground. For the last 3 weeks or so he seems to have been positioned closer to goal, where he played for Freo. It's no surprise that the goals are now coming.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:33 pm

^ Prior to his 1-match suspension, he kicked 7 goals in 6 games.

Since the return from suspension, it's 11 goals in 7 games so there's been an uptick in his goal kicking numbers.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:54 pm

Really good yesterday and with Bobby it puts a question mark in McCreery when Checkers or McStsy are available.

Can we play McCreery as our tagger?

Most teams have a run with stopper now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20   

Jump to: