Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 3 - Al Pacino's turn to mumble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

so unless they corral it high school maths tells me it could easily be 160 tomorrow. that really is disturbing.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:46 pm

David wrote:
Anyone want to take a stab on whether we'll be out of lockdown on Wednesday? You'd think the government would be forming a rough idea by now.

The Glorious Leader's comments on that very subject, according to the ABC blog:

Quote:
The Victorian Premier said it was very difficult to predict today what will happen on Tuesday when the lockdown is scheduled to end at midnight.

"I would say that the trend is with us. These results are very encouraging, they’re positive," he said.

Victoria recorded 14 new cases today.

"Whether the next few says continue that way, we’ll only know with the passage of time," he said.

I think it is likely that the present Victorian lockdown will end on Tuesday night. I am not privy to their thinking on the numbers but, if I were them, I'd be thinking about an easing that restrains the morons who want to party like its December 2019 from driving repeatedly between Mallacoota and Mildura. I was flabbergasted to see the trip patterns and repeated stupid exposures that people were taking in the middle of the pandemic.

Seriously, I get that people want to watch their footy team or their NRL or rugby or their national soccer team - but what possesses people in the present context to think that it's sensible to do all of those things one after the other - and dine repeatedly in crowded restaurants in between, then drive to remote rural cities and hop back to the Prahran market for a few coffees for a couple of hours during peak trading time?

Of course, I appreciate that's a cobbled together pastiche of different events - but if people won't modify their behaviour in basically sensible ways, it's likely that the Government will impose some movement restrictions. For the most part, I don't think movement restrictions should be necessary but I do wonder at the ridiculous things that people do if they think they can, with more or less reckless disregard to the question whether they should. At the moment, it does feel like there have been a few too many differently-abled COVID poltergeists speeding all over the countryside, seeding outbreaks.

Just to be clear, I'm fine with, eg, Stui driving from Melbourne to his house at Tocumwal (were he allowed to go there in the present context) because we know that he'll be sensible, take precautions and - for the most part - avoid participating in super-spreader COVID orgies at a different town every 30 km along the way. The problem seems to me to be that too many people don't moderate their behaviour merely because it would be sensible to do so - there's a whole bunch of people who don't think they'll get the virus or, else don't care about it, or about the consequences for themselves, or for anybody else.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:15 pm

^

I have flights booked to Darwin on August 4. I just hope things get under control enough here that Darwin will let me in.

The whole scenario with borders is a mess, particularly along the Murray with so many interlinked communities straddling the border.

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:49 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

I have flights booked to Darwin on August 4. I just hope things get under control enough here that Darwin will let me in.

The whole scenario with borders is a mess, particularly along the Murray with so many interlinked communities straddling the border.

Hope you have better luck than me.
I got thrown into Howard Springs 3 days into my trip.
Must have smoked 500 cigs in 14 days out of pure boredom.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:04 pm

Oh geez, phuc that.

If history is any guide, I won't be able to go. I just heard Dandrews bragging how we're going to be the only jurisdiction in the world to have beaten the delta strain twice.

Whenever he bullshit brags, we all get thrown under the karma bus soon after.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:41 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Oh geez, phuc that.

If history is any guide, I won't be able to go. I just heard Dandrews bragging how we're going to be the only jurisdiction in the world to have beaten the delta strain twice.

Well we beaten it once and looking like beating it again.

Better then letting it Spread like Glady with her Suppose Lockdown

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:08 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Oh geez, phuc that.

Beating it the first time is akin to belting someone in the head with a sledgehammer who has already been tied up and claiming you beat them in a fist fight. We were already in lockdown because, for the 4th time, we'd failed to contain a case of normal Covid from becoming an outbreak.

Before this time around, NSW had successfully been able to beat Covid without needing to resort to harsh lockdowns. Victoria never has been able to, we've failed every time we've tried. 5 times in total now. Why would NSW lockdown hard early when they'd never needed to do it before? All the shriekers claiming Gladys should have learned from Victorian mistakes are only wise in hindsight. She was as entitled to trust the system that had proved successful before as she was to dismiss "advice" from the state that had failed every time.

That's why it grinds me seeing Dandrews being a cocky braggart playing politics, he seriously has nothing to brag about.

Jabbering about his "Ring of Steel" having saved regional Victoria when everyone knows it was a sieve.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:47 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Oh geez, phuc that.

Beating it the first time is akin to belting someone in the head with a sledgehammer who has already been tied up and claiming you beat them in a fist fight. We were already in lockdown because, for the 4th time, we'd failed to contain a case of normal Covid from becoming an outbreak.

Before this time around, NSW had successfully been able to beat Covid without needing to resort to harsh lockdowns. Victoria never has been able to, we've failed every time we've tried. 5 times in total now. Why would NSW lockdown hard early when they'd never needed to do it before? All the shriekers claiming Gladys should have learned from Victorian mistakes are only wise in hindsight. She was as entitled to trust the system that had proved successful before as she was to dismiss "advice" from the state that had failed every time.

That's why it grinds me seeing Dandrews being a cocky braggart playing politics, he seriously has nothing to brag about.

Jabbering about his "Ring of Steel" having saved regional Victoria when everyone knows it was a sieve.

Well at least when Victoria had there bad Lockdown it did not Spread to rest of the Country like Glady's/NSW has

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:49 pm

Yep

She’s £$%$ed up and it’s time to admit it, lockdown property for God’s sake

Right this minute

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:54 pm

Don't like that Glays is asking for more Vaccines just because she did not do a Hard Lockdown like SA and Victoria did.

That should not be the reason why NSW get more and Rest Don't.

She does a Hard Lockdown for 3-4 Weeks and see what Happens

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:08 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Oh geez, phuc that.

Well at least when Victoria had there bad Lockdown it did not Spread to rest of the Country like Glady's/NSW has

Sorry mate, that's wrong. Victoria seeded the crossroads Cluster in NSW.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:10 pm

think positive wrote:
Yep

She’s �$%$ed up and it’s time to admit it, lockdown property for God’s sake

Right this minute

Don't believe the bullshit, they are.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules

roar 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:20 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I just heard Dandrews bragging how we're going to be the only jurisdiction in the world to have beaten the delta strain twice.

I'm wanting to throw him under any bus available whenever he opens his mouth to say anything apart from sorry.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:17 pm

What I don't get is QLD had a delta outbreak and are open, NT had a delta outbreak and are open, Victoria is currently in lockdown.

So can Dan explain to everyone what he means when he says Victoria is the only jurisdiction in the world to stop a delta outbreak???
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:05 am

^ Another way of looking at that, of course, is that everyone except Gladys has been able to sort out their Delta outbreak, so far.

In Victoria, 12 new local cases and 0 new cases acquired overseas.
- 39,846 test results were received

The Government says that "The 12 new locally-acquired cases are all linked to the current outbreaks. 10 of the 12 cases were in quarantine throughout their entire infectious period."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 191 of 200   

Jump to: