Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 3 - Al Pacino's turn to mumble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile, in the COVID Capital (all quotes from NSW Health's twitter):

Quote:
NSW recorded 163 new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm last night.

Quote:
Of these locally acquired cases, 87 are linked to a known case or cluster – 62 are household contacts and 25 are close contacts – and the source of infection for 76 cases is under investigation.

Quote:
Of the 163 locally acquired cases reported to 8pm last night, 67 are from South Western Sydney Local Health District (LHD), 45 are from Western Sydney LHD, 31 are from Sydney LHD, 14 are from South Eastern Sydney LHD, four are from Northern Sydney LHD

Quote:
Seventy-three cases were in isolation throughout their infectious period and 26 cases were in isolation for part of their infectious period. Forty-five cases were infectious in the community, and the isolation status of 19 cases remains under investigation.

So, to put it simply, they don't presently know the source of 76 of today's cases and at least 70 and up to 90 of the new cases were in the community for all or part of their infectious period.
selkevh 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:31 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Meanwhile, in the COVID Capital (all quotes from NSW Health's twitter):

Quote:
NSW recorded 163 new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm last night.

Quote:
Of these locally acquired cases, 87 are linked to a known case or cluster – 62 are household contacts and 25 are close contacts – and the source of infection for 76 cases is under investigation.

Quote:
Of the 163 locally acquired cases reported to 8pm last night, 67 are from South Western Sydney Local Health District (LHD), 45 are from Western Sydney LHD, 31 are from Sydney LHD, 14 are from South Eastern Sydney LHD, four are from Northern Sydney LHD

Quote:
Seventy-three cases were in isolation throughout their infectious period and 26 cases were in isolation for part of their infectious period. Forty-five cases were infectious in the community, and the isolation status of 19 cases remains under investigation.

So, to put it simply, they don't presently know the source of 76 of today's cases and at least 70 and up to 90 of the new cases were in the community for all or part of their infectious period.

My 19 year old son is due to be transferred to Homebush with the navy the first or second week of August. He’s currently down at HMAS Cerberus. He tells me they’re still planning on transferring him then. He’s had two shots of the Pfizer (shivers and felt terribly cold with the second dose).

I don’t know how I feel with him being sent to plague central.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:08 pm

think positive wrote:
so unless they corral it high school maths tells me it could easily be 160 tomorrow. that really is disturbing.

When your right your right!!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:22 pm

Well, go you! Laughing
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:42 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ Another way of looking at that, of course, is that everyone except Gladys has been able to sort out their Delta outbreak, so far.

Yep.

Is 1 case an outbreak?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:06 pm

^ Well, I don't think so - but I was taking eddiesmith's premise and running with it.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:10 pm

Covid 19 Pandemic is not the only Pandemic Happening at the Moment as the Stupid Pandemic is also Happening
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:24 pm

https://twitter.com/benleemusic/status/1418785487767052289

NSW still might get bad as Victroria last year yet with Idiots doing this

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:34 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ Well, I don't think so - but I was taking eddiesmith's premise and running with it.

No problem with that. SA is in lockdown over 1 case so I was just curious what the threshold is to actually call it an outbreak.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:51 pm

Shall we adopt some nomenclature?

Say:

One is an "isolated case in quarantine throughout their infectious period but not thought to present any risk of wider transmission, at this stage" or else a "problem case that was not fully isolated for their infectious period", as the case may be.

Two is "a second case that presents a real cause of concern for the authorities".

Three is "an apparent COVID incursion starting to take a hold in our State".

Four through to nine is "evidence that the virus is spreading in the community".

Ten to fifteen is "a massive headache for the Government as it attempts to accelerate its vaccination program in the affected areas."

Your turn. Wink
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:49 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
https://twitter.com/benleemusic/status/1418785487767052289

NSW still might get bad as Victroria last year yet with Idiots doing this

The Victorian government is on record many times telling us protesting does not cause Covid cases so if we’re to believe them theb what’s the problem?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:51 pm

Different protesting, different strain. We all "knew" you couldn't get COVID at the footy, too. Remember that from 6 weeks ago?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:04 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Shall we adopt some nomenclature?

Say:

One is an "isolated case in quarantine throughout their infectious period but not thought to present any risk of wider transmission, at this stage" or else a "problem case that was not fully isolated for their infectious period", as the case may be.

Two is "a second case that presents a real cause of concern for the authorities".

Three is "an apparent COVID incursion starting to take a hold in our State".

Four through to nine is "evidence that the virus is spreading in the community".

Ten to fifteen is "a massive headache for the Government as it attempts to accelerate its vaccination program in the affected areas."

Your turn. Wink

Nah, I'll take those. Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:20 pm

As far as the protests go, I'm yet to be convinced that in this day and age there is any justification for these self aggrandizing spectacles of douchery. Any of these peanuts resisting arrest, assaulting Police or Police Horses, other violence or vandalism should get 14 days in remand straight off the bat, any charges and/or convictions on top of that.

Good news is apparently of the close contacts from the Prahran market, 60% of tests are back and all negative so we may just be on track to end lockdown on time. (touch wood)

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:31 pm

If I found out that any of my family or friends were at the rally I wouldn't hesitate to call them out on it, bloody selfish f8c8tards!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 192 of 200   

Jump to: