Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 3 - Al Pacino's turn to mumble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 193, 194, 195 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Yes, Dave. That's what I take from the figures, too. NSW has 4 deaths in a week and a small but increasing number of cases and it is a national emergency. The UK has about 300,000 cases and 450 deaths in a week and they call it "learning to live with the virus".

Well UK are risking 100's of People's Lives

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:59 pm

stui magpie wrote:
This popped up in my Facebook feed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9821615/The-vaccine-saved-life-PIERS-MORGAN-reveals-caught-Covid-Euros-final.html

So I get that Piers Morgan is far from everyone's cup of tea, but it's actually an informative read, him describing how he caught Covid at the Euro final despite being fully vaccinated, and how it impacted him.

and Showing how Dangerous having no Social Distancing in Huge Crowds can be very Dangerous

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:29 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9821615/The-vaccine-saved-life-PIERS-MORGAN-reveals-caught-Covid-Euros-final.html

So I get that Piers Morgan is far from everyone's cup of tea, but it's actually an informative read, him describing how he caught Covid at the Euro final despite being fully vaccinated, and how it impacted him.

and Showing how Dangerous having no Social Distancing in Huge Crowds can be very Dangerous

But that completely flies in the face of all the blame for current lockdowns on the vaccine rollouts. If you’ve still got massive problems at 50-60% vaccination rates, then nothing this government could have done that would have stopped these current lockdowns?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:41 pm

Quote:
Today’s thought!
I have been wearing a mask since we were first asked to do so and I will continue to do so when I want to or until I feel it is ok to stop . I’m not sure why being considerate to others for the common good is now being mocked by some who are calling it “living in fear”, but it needs to stop!!!... When I wear a mask over my nose and mouth in public and in the stores/supermarkets/pharmacies etc - I want you to know the following:
🟣 I'm educated enough to know that I could be asymptomatic and still give you the virus.
🟣 I don't "live in fear" of the virus; I just want to be part of the solution, not the problem.
What we all should be doing,BUT??
🟣 I don't feel like the "government controls me". I feel like I'm an adult contributing to the security in our society and I want to teach others the same.
🟣 If we could all live with the consideration of others in mind, the whole world would be a much better place.
🟣 Wearing a mask doesn't make me weak, scared, stupid or even "controlled". It makes me caring and responsible.
🟣 When you think about your appearance, discomfort, or other people's opinion of you, imagine a loved one - a child, father, mother, grandparent, aunt, uncle or even a stranger - placed on a ventilator, alone without you or any family member allowed at their bedside.....Ask yourself if you could have helped them a little by wearing a mask.
I am inviting you all to copy this and post it on your wall if you agree with me. 😷😷😷😷😷😷 I’ve copied & pasted this from a friend … who is going to do the same ???
Yes they’re horrible to wear, but if it’s to keep myself and everyone around me safe, I will do what I’ve been told by the people who are trying to get this virus under control and as I have, GET VACCINATED !! 💉💉

<quote tags added as post sourced from elsewhere – please include some such attribution in future for any content that's not your own. Thanks, David for BBMods.>

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:30 am

UK cases now seem to be coming down after the spike of 54,000 cases on July 17.

Even Netherlands is seeing the number of new cases on a downward trend.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:46 am

Let's check it in a few days. The UK's reporting typically goes down at the weekend. The deaths also purportedly dropped from 86 to 28 yesterday - this is about when they count things rather than what happened on their Saturday.

Similarly, the "spike" was an outlier. That's why I always review figures by reference to 7-day rolling averages where such large numbers are involved - that smooths out the spikes and troughs in the reporting.

One doesn't look for micro-trends - one needs to look at the overall direction of the data. At the moment, you'd say that the new reported case numbers are not getting dramatically worse over the last 4 or 5 days. Is that a trend? we'll know in a little while.

In the Netherlands, we know that they had a ridiculous spike in cases (7-day rolling average high of just over 10,000 just 18 days after the rolling average low of 588) and the Government then apologised for getting its advice wrong and significantly changed the rules.

Also, the figures come off the back of the European Championships (final was 12 July, our time). That's a sui generis event. I have no idea what positive or negative effect it will have had on figures. I do expect, though, that there will have been a reduction in large population mingling in the immediate aftermath. What that means for numbers, I don't know. Just exercise caution on these case numbers (up or down) for the time being.
roar 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:55 am

eddiesmith wrote:
If you’ve still got massive problems at 50-60% vaccination rates, then nothing this government could have done that would have stopped these current lockdowns?

Except, of course, implementing proper quarantine facilities for those entering the country, thereby stopping the delta variant from getting out into the community in the first place.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:02 pm

From the NSW Department of Heath (twitter):

Quote:
NSW recorded 145 new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm last night.

Quote:
Fifty-eight cases were in isolation throughout their infectious period and 25 cases were in isolation for part of their infectious period. Fifty-one cases were infectious in the community, and the isolation status of 11 cases remains under investigation.

So, they had 58 cases under control, 25 partly under control, 51 completely out of control and 11 they have no idea about. Or, as I prefer, they had 87 that were either partly or wholly in the community during their infectious period or about which they know nothing.

In Victoria, there were 11 new cases. The Government says that "All new locally-acquired cases are linked to the current outbreaks, and all were in quarantine throughout their entire infectious period."
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:19 pm

stui magpie wrote:

that’s a really good read
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:18 pm

What you think of the Push of Keeping Schools Open During Lockdown IF there no Covid Cases at the School?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:40 pm

^

I don't have a fixed view of school closures, particularly with Delta.

Anyway, over in the UK, their plan may just be working or it's too soon to tell, but daily cases (and the 7 day average) has been going down for 5 consecutive days.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57962995

Alternatively, less reputable but more detail. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9824169/As-Covid-cases-drops-fifth-day-row-experts-say-country-emerging-surge.html

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:27 pm

Schools should be remaining open, but Dopey thinks parents driving their kids to school is the most dangerous thing they can do…
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:43 pm

Glady forgot Something Wink Laughing

https://twitter.com/AsheRevenge/status/1419211692949397509?s=20

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:29 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

I don't have a fixed view of school closures, particularly with Delta.

Anyway, over in the UK, their plan may just be working or it's too soon to tell, but daily cases (and the 7 day average) has been going down for 5 consecutive days.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57962995

Alternatively, less reputable but more detail. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9824169/As-Covid-cases-drops-fifth-day-row-experts-say-country-emerging-surge.html

Yep, the initial surge is just those unvaccinated getting infected. That will subside quickly as so long as death rates stay low, then all is good.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:13 pm

From NWS Health's twitter:

Quote:
NSW recorded 172 new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm last night. Of these locally acquired cases, 85 are linked to a known case or cluster – 66 are household contacts and 19 are close contacts – the source of infection for 87 cases is under investigation

Quote:
Sixty-one cases were in isolation throughout their infectious period and 19 cases were in isolation for part of their infectious period. Sixty cases were infectious in the community, and the isolation status of 32 cases remains under investigation.

So, at least 79 and up to 111 of the new NSW cases were infectious in the community for part or all of their infectious period. This is not good.

In Victoria, there were 10 new cases and, according to the Government, "all were in quarantine throughout their entire infectious period". I understand that lockdown will be ended but am waiting on detail about that.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 193, 194, 195 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 194 of 200   

Jump to: