Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies v Bummers...comment????

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cat 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I also belive todays game was disspointing. I thought we would win and easily after watching essendon last week i thought we had it in the bag. Anyway the point is some players need to be dropped to the seconds just to get some confedince back. Leon Davis has not had a quality possesion for two games now his hands cant hold the ball let alone read it. I aslo thought the move by MM for J. Cloke to the back line was two quaters overdue. Sheady did his homework a lot better then what MM we were outcoached and outplayed. It reminds me of old times when Buckley gets 30+ possesions and we still get flogged.
Rocccaaaaa23 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:24 pm

I agree aboout Cloke. Should never have been up forward.

Look, one bad loss does not mean he season is over for us. Forget about last year. This is 2003 and let's face it the boys have started slowly.

But like all good teams, they will improve. If you want to look at any positives today then look at Josh. Getting better each week. McKee's done well and Bucks well he is just Bucks.

Lets put that loss behind us and use it against them later this year.

Lets focus on the Swans and please no more negative feedback.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:30 pm

10 minutes of good football in the first quarter. 10 minutes of good football in the 3rd quarter. Collingwood played 20 minutes of good football all day, the rest was the worst I'd seen them play for I don't know how long. I felt like i was back in 1999. A guy behind me said he'd never seen Collingwood loose a game.....i said.....you haven't been to many have you. And that's exactly how I felt. Deflated, appalled, disgusted.

All I can say is......WHAT HAPPENED?????? We didn't lose a game today, we were annihilated!

Rocccaaaaa23 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:36 pm

What did MM say in his press conference after the game?
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:48 pm

Rocccaaaaa23 wrote:
What did MM say in his press conference after the game?

lol from what he said the last week abuot us, he prolly went WILD and press conference prolly went something like '*** ******** ******* ***** *****'
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:06 pm

Well I was just about to post something that would have made me very unpopular with some other users here. No not a post against The Pies but against some of the posters here. For bloody goodness sake if a player plays a bad game it just might possibly be that he was beaten by his opponent on the day (i.e. more than half the side). Why do we call for dropping him? Rolling Eyes We were beaten by a far more determined side and that's all there is to it. How bloody negative can you be saying that the season is over beacuse we lost today. Sure it was a smashing, we were beaten just about everywhere, but there is still a loooonng way to go this year. You can't win 'em all (I'd loved to though). Just settle and we will be back on track soon (crosses fingers).

To upset atm to comment on any individual performances atm. Like I thought before the game lloyd would be a problem, and he was. While I'm thinking of it does anyone know just how may behinds they kicked (i.e. discounting any that were rushed)?

lones37 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:15 pm

Just makes me wonder if we are playing with injuries?Seem to be no system or work ethic that we come to expect from our team over the last 2 weeks. I think MM will just write this one off as there was no positives at all.

How many times we kicked blindly and wildly was bewildering. And our delivery to our forwards??? Say no more. Plus the fact our so called forward line was stagnant all day allowing Essendon to drop numbers back and run it out all day easily. Top 6 is beyond us on what we have seen in the first 5 weeks.
Madpies_Fan Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:08 pm

Yer I think both Woey & Williams are quality pick-ups for this team, and both had had good starts to the year. The whole team fell apart today, cept for a couple of them. They'll pick up, we need them in the team. I know that this is all just coincidental, but funny how we loose Locky, and then loose the next 2 games. I'm not saying that it would of made a diff. today, i don't think anything would of, but we miss his acruacy and skill. This is the time to show our support and get behind the team.
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:22 pm

Geez that was shit - I don't know how else to describe it! On Monday I'm going to cop the whole 'one-man team' thing - and I thought we were well past those days. Bucks literally battled his heart out - how many other players can say the same?

The three problems that frustrated me the most were not getting the ball out at stoppages (as per usual), stupid skill errors (how many times did we fumble or run-over the ball?) and our lack of running and leading - as the Bombers literally ran us around in circles. I'm still in shock because we're a much better team than that. I'll never believe a Collingwood player ever runs out on the ground to give less than 100% but boy they honestly looked like they didn't want the ball today.

Bucks was fantastic and other guys I thought battled hard were Burns, Licuria, O'Bree, Molloy and Tarrant. Josh showed a bit more than he has in previous weeks and Lonie, McKee and McGough were serviceable. The rest of the guys struggled. In fact it was one of the worst games Rocca has played in a while and the new guys in Lokan, Williams and Woewodin were hardly seen. And not a great game from our backline but it didn't help them that the ball made it's way into the bomber forwardline so quickly and easily. I love Leon but he needs to find some form in the 2's. We missed Shaw's run and Rupe's hard-working attitude and I also think Mick made a couple of positioning errors in the first half.

Geez I wish this was all just a bad dream! If our guys are looking for respect then they took a step backwards today. They really need to make up for it this coming weekend or the little respect they currently hold will disappear just like our position in the eight!

2 - Buckley
1 - Burns
1 - Licuria

Now I'm going to drown my sorrows!
GO PIES!
Marg
Stan Magro 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:26 pm

Problem is we don't have any depth, so there isn't much pressure being put onto our senior side from the guys at Willy.

Todays game showed that Johno should never play for our senior side ever again, third year as a senior footballer and that bloke has no idea about the game and his skills are pathetic, useless overhead mark and he couldn't kick if his life depended on it, but he is one of MM's favourites so he will be there again next week stuffing up as usual. Same goes for Mcgough.

For us to become a top side we cannot afford to have those type of players in our side, we need players who have good skills both by hand and foot.

Wowoedin was dreadful today and very very soft, he needs to lift and not sh.. himself when he is in a contest like he did today against Mcveigh in the 3rd term.

Hopefully the the 11 goal thumping will be a wake up call to these guys who call themselves footballers, after todays performance I can think of plenty other names that would be more appropriate for them.

It's time to produce the goods fellas that is 4 big games where we have failed to deliver, 2002GF, 2003 Pre Season GF, last week and this week.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:48 pm

we aren't sneaking up on people like we did last year. the media are scutinising our blocks, our forward setup... yeah thanks channel 9. last year we snuck up on a lot of people - read: ess on anzac day and bris at colonial. now that there are expectations our team is going through a readjustment stage. buckley is used to it, he's had expectations on him from day 1.

someone used the name barry mitchell, before. still brings a shudder.
chalky 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:12 pm

Don't ususally post immediately after a game, win or lose. Just surfing through and felt the pain and the frustration of many.
Man it was a frustrating game to watch! All those silky, first time pick ups and pin point disposals went missing under ferocious tackling and pressure
You could sense it, but thought that this is the kind of stuff we love - the dog fight - so bring on the come back. We duly put the foot down and nothing was there.
Let's face it folks we were comprehensively spanked. There would and should be a very serious post mortem. Does MM tuck an 11 goal drubbing away as an abberation (will never happen again)or does he see more sinister factors that must be addressed? Does he keep faith with this team or has he seen enough?
It's obvious from the posts that many have seen enough. Two blockbusters and some weakness (maybe?)became painfully obvious as have the solutions to those problems.
Haven't seen the replay yet (if I bring myself to watch it again) but MM seemed less flexible in his approach than was sheedy. The players seemed one dimentional and very predictable. But then again you would bet that Rocca would beat lucas and that Taz would tear Jacobs apart any day of the week, especially as fletcher was missing.
Will heads roll? probably, But for a loss like that who is responsible?
Just in this thread so far at least 10 names mentioned!
Frustrating , no doubt. But think long and hard before you post, we're all very battered, bruised and very sensitive. cheers
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:29 am

all I wanna say is after losing the grand final, we needed something to make us feel like we're still a good side.

we played our way into the GF of the Wiz Cup, and became the bridesmaid again.

then last week, Brizzy was the next BIG game that could have built self belief and confidence.... but we pulled up short again.

Going in to today's game, I was concerned what effect losing the WIZ CUP final and the GF rematch would have on the players' belief that they are a top side.

Let's remember it's 90% upstairs.... and I think that not having won anything to show for our decent form has had a pretty decent psychological impact in the side.

The next 3 weeks are vitally important in restoring player confidence in the game plan and their own abilities. Let's back the players as they work hard to get out of this slump.
Bones 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:40 am

3 Players stood up

Buckley
Burns
Licura

The rest did jackchit...

Who the hell was resposible for Hird???
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 6:42 am

tessa403 wrote:
lethalburns wrote:

I noticed Buckley has been frustrated with Woeful and O'bree. Having sprayed both of them in various weeks. He has reason, although I thought O'bree tried hard in the clinches today.

Maybe Bucks should remember he is CAPTAIN .... not the f***ing coach of Collingwood! The fact that people have noticed his outbursts give rise to him not handling the preasure this year, he must control himself more and keep those outbursts for the rooms or MM to admin. Its not his place!

I am still yet to see Nathan Buckley do what James Hird did today!

I think there are a few more players you could bag before you got to Buckley. The guy had 37 possessions and if he wasnt out there the carnage caused would have been worse.

jlc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: