Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match - Pies by 65 !! All comments here please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 3:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

How good was it, i was actually sitting a few rows in front of Bob Rose last night. Good to see he's still coming to the games.
My Best for the night were:

1. Troy Schwarze - Let Tarrant do as he pleased. He is the WORST...
2. Tarrant - What a game, what more can you say
3. Burnsy
4. Buckley
5. Jimmy Clement - I thought he had a great game. Gave the golden boy Riewolt a bath.

wimmey Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 4:02 pm

All I was saying Alf was can't we just enjoy the win for what it was
A WIN..
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 4:34 pm

Its a big presumption to think that Didak turned his back, do you think Mick had finished talking to him and he was walking into get a drink, I saw the incident, ,

Didak got a spray for doing something stupid, I do not think it was a 10 minute lecture on the do's and dont's of forward play, it would have been short and sharp.

FF sake give both of them a bit of credit
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 4:34 pm

Didak put on a very good tackle in the last which set up Shaw's goal, so he did some good things. Still he was a little quiet, but all in all a very good game by the Maggies. Shame we didn't have that goal umpire last year in the Grand Final Very Happy WE would have one LOL

Williams was okay, dropped a few marks, which in turn angered my dad, but Williams will be a very good player soon enough for us

woey okay game aswell, did some good things, was a little quiet.

Bucks played good, very good goal from 60 Metres

Lonie played well, good kick-in's, we didn't give them any easy goals from kick outs, well not that I saw.

Lokan was okay, gave away a goal, but kicked 2, which gets him off the hook a little.

Tarrant one more great game, he is starting to became a very good forward for us. And it's about time he fired, he has been a little queit early in his Collingwood career, but is showing something.

Josh Fraser what can I say? Very good game, did well in the ruck for awhile, played in parts of the ground.

Tex Walker still a bit young, but looks okay, did some good things, but still needs some work. Even though it's his second game, all he can do is get better with age.

Shaw very good game, did the numper 22 proud, and showed some real speed.

James Clement was a small bit quiet, played okay, and is starting to turn it around

Shane Wakelin looked a little slow against Gehrig but then again, I don't think anyone could of beat Gehrig's play acting....

There's my little wrap up of the game, all around a good one, some bad parts for the club. But they still go away with the win, they still need to learn to play 4 Quarters still a little work needed, hopefully this is the step in the right direction.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 4:46 pm

wimmey wrote:
All I was saying Alf was can't we just enjoy the win for what it was
A WIN..

I did, as a matter of fact. I enjoyed the win immensely. And obviously you did too.

But I'm finding this season a bitter disappointment so far. In all honesty, I really don't think we're playing very well at all. And I'd rather say this after an unimpressive win than sink the boot in when we've just lost, as a lot of other people tend to do.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 5:59 pm

They played well, but still need to work harder.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
lones37 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 8:37 pm

Just to weigh into the Didak debate, he did turn and try to walk away, only to be told come here and dont turn your back on me, or words to that effect, while MM pointed to the ground. Fact is he did something stupid in that he couldnt have marked it at 10 feet tall, let alone 6 ft, and you have to be accountable. Gehrig kicked a goal with 8 seconds left, 12 point turn around.

This was a good win against a side we should smash. 65 points is about right. However it is still my opinion that we are yet to produce any semblance of last years form, and all that wins like this do is mask deficincies. Obviously our defence is no where near as settled and controlled as last year, conceding far too many goals. Is this attributed to lack of midfield pressure? Things we need to work out to have any serious tilt at the title.

However, some great signs like Fraser really putting in the big ones, i think he learned a lot from last weeks obliteration. Lokan played really well and so did Rhyce Shaw, amazing what a change of mindset can do.

Clement stepped up and smashed Reiwoldt, Burns is the most under rated player ever, and Lica was Lica. And Taz, well he is in the zone at the minute, in the 3rd he took 5 marks right in front of us in about 4 minutes. If every player worked as hard as him we would never lose another game, the man is a freak. He has played 9 good games in a row now, something we could never say about him in previous years, and 4 or 5 of those games he has been best afield by a street.

Next week will really test us, hope we can produce that magic word "intensity". Without we are no where, ask Adelaide about it when we have it, not even Brisbane could go with us when we hit our peak.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 9:05 pm

the didak 'incident' is bs. He got told to keep his feet on the ground, he was pissed off with himself and got a drink. THAT WAS ALL!

Didak was a high pick (#3 wasn't he?) as if we'd swap him for a soft*** like Stevens. Sure he is having a good season, sure he gets the possies that went to Mr Francou last year, sure he runs - but having seen him wilt like a scared little girl in the semi last year i can't say i want him here at all. Didders is having a hard time of it, but he will grow, as champions do. F@#@ me, one bad year and some people got the knives and rumours out all ready.

Oh did you hear that Carlton were at once stage in the 90s going to trade Kouta for Adrian Barich + 400,000 big ones? Carlton pulled out of the Barra-Kouta deal at the last minute to concentrate on other fish. You hadn't heard of it? That's coz i just MADE THE F#@$#@ THING UP like a whole lot of other rumours are. FFS kill them don't spread them.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 9:20 pm

haha! classic post cam! i love it.

you're right, the dids incident is rubbish. dids would've known the spray was coming. nuffin in it.

and alf, i thought the game was great! HEAPS of highlights and a lotta GREAT goals. far and away our best 4-quarter effort of the year. and we still made a heap of mistakes, and played like crap in the second quarter! SO much improvement in this team yet!
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 7:56 am

Didak got a spray simply because his defensive work and non tackling was hugely apparant in the coaching box. I posted last week I would like to see him tackle and punched the air when he did in the last quarter.

We beat the yellow team, still trying to figure out who they are, next week is the test of where we are at.

Tarrant was awesome and has been all year.
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:03 am

What a wonderful sight – an 8 goal first quarter – it certainly made a nice change to the last couple of weeks! And other than a short lapse in the second quarter, the boys put in a solid consistent performance. Having said that, I still don’t think our running, goal kicking and skills are at the level we need them to be if we want to be considered a top contender - but a few more solid wins and a rise in confidence will see those areas improve and see our boys playing the quality and consistent football we know they are capable of.

The stars of the day were undoubtedly Tarrant (if he keeps playing at this level consistently he has to be up there in both the Copeland and Brownlow), Buckley (made a couple of errors but his work rate is always fantastic), Burns (always puts in 110%), Licuria (never stops), Clement (worked hard), Shaw (his non-stop running is fantastic and it was great to see him enjoy the goal he kicked), Davis (I would have been tempted to put him back to the VFL this week but he proved me wrong and had a great game highlighting the skills we need him to show every week).

Honourable mentions also to Josh who is improving each week, Lokan, Cloke, Williams, Woewodin, Cole, Holland, Lonie and Johnson. Rocca worked hard but let himself down with his kicking for goal, particularly after taking that screamer. Molloy did some good things but spent a lot of time off the ground, along with O’Bree. Not Wakelin’s best game and it was great to see the guys rally around Didak in the last quarter after his 3 on 1 effort – hopefully he can get his great touch back and be firing again like we know he can. Walker tries hard and maybe another ruck option at the moment.

All in all it was a good team effort and one we’ll not only need to duplicate next weekend but also improve on if we are going to get the 4 points. Another great first quarter will definitely be a huge bonus.

3 – Tarrant
2 – Buckley
1 – Burns
1 – Licuria
1 – Shaw
1 – Clement
1 – Davis

Progressive:
20 – Tarrant
20 – Buckley
13 – Licuria
13 – Woewodin
12 – Clement
12 – Rocca
12 – Molloy
11 – Burns
11 – Williams
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:07 am

Any win is a good win.

Great game from Josh, no competition but at least he capitalised on that. Taz great, again. Okay I've got the same criticism once more, he needs to be more selfish. He should play like a FF and kick from 50. Personally I don't want to see him try to kick to someone in a better position and see the ball get turned over. That is my only criticism of him. Burnsy and Lika their usual selves. Wasn't Lika happy to get a goal or three! Great game from Rhyce, attacked the ball well and chased and tackled just as good. Walker was quite good when on the ground. Pebbles, well let's just say we need him in good form for next week.

Well I'm going with Alf on this one. On the scoreboard it looked good. Out on the ground told a different story. We will need to play a helluva lot better to mix it with the top teams at the moment. Saturday night only proved to me how bad the saints are.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:47 am

Great game. Apart from the 2nd quarter, the team was fantastic.

Shaw really impressed me, his pace was sensational and he tried all night. Keep it up mate, you are beginning to stamp your place in the team.

Bucks was good. Even though he didn't get a huge amount of possessions, he kicked 3 goals. A few weeks ago he was criticised because he wasn't having an impact on the game even though he was getting huge amounts of possessions (which I thought was crap). He is a CHAMPION.

Lokan, did well, running through the centre and his last goal was fantastic. BTW, did anyone else notice that Lokan was in the centre for a little while? I thought he was great.

Licuria, WELL DONE on the 100 games mate. He was inspirational. Quality.

Clement, stood up when it counted. Good stuff mate!

Wakelin was beaten, he really needed to play in front of Gherig, Gherig was far too quick for him. Best of luck in the next game Wakes.

Oh and who can forget Taz? Sensational effort mate! Absolultely stunning performance. What more can I say?

Well I could go on, but I will leave it there. Keep it up guys, we are going back to AAMI against Port - AAMI is our home away from home.
Natalie 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 1:12 pm

Just awesome. A win and percentage is what we needed. Fell away abit in the second but regrouped for the belting.

How funny was it when the ball hit the umpire, I pissed myself laughing at that.

Tazza, every week, words can't describe (add in there bux and burnsy as well). Keep up the good work and hard training Taz. Thought Josh did well in the ruck, would have preferred he stayed in there the whole night (I know Ant did well there also, but I prefer Anthony in the forward line, kicking goals, and creating diversion for opposition from Taz).
Shawry was great, hard running all night. It was just so good when he nailed that goal in the fourth.

Great team effort, still can improve which is the positive thing. Getting there to playing 4 quarters. Bring on the power failure.
perth pieman 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 2:03 pm

I also have to agree with Dr Alf, as I believe we are not playing all that well at the moment. It was great to have a good win, but in all honesty there would have needed to be a Royal Commission if we had not won this game.

One good positive sign was getting of to a great start and putting scoreboard pressure on them. We will need to do that to Port this week too.

GO PIES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: