Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies by 43 against Dogs - All comments here.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Joel wrote:
Dr Alf Andrews wrote:

Buckley shouldn't be playing. He's not even 60% fit. We made the mistake of bringing him back too soon against Hawthorn and we are going to pay dearly for our impatience.

WHAT!?!? He was BOG, picked up 35 possies, kicked a couple of goals (should have kicked three but shanked one), he hit players 24 out 25 times when he kicked the ball. May I ask Alf, what are you going on about?

I don't give a stuff how many fancy statistics you bring up. Buckley is not fit. He's not even CLOSE to being fit. And he SHOULDN'T be playing.

And the clue is in the one that he "shanked".

That was the kick of a person who is carrying a serious injury which will only get worse if he isn't rested.

Buckley could play another 10 seasons if we look after him. But if we play him when he is obviously injured, we'll be lucky to get 2 more seasons out of him.

But why am I wasting my time trying to talk sense to anyone on here?

What's the weather like in LA-LA Land? I bet the Pies are on top of the ladder, as always.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:14 pm

He shanked one kicked Alf 24 out of 25 hit targets, that means that the injury musn't be that bad.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:21 pm

Joel wrote:
He shanked one kicked Alf 24 out of 25 hit targets, that means that the injury musn't be that bad.

If you try to cross the road 25 times ... and you are successful 24 times ... and on the other occasion you get hit by a semi-trailer ... you are DEAD.

Fortunately Buckley isn't dead.

But he IS injured.

Just because he's good at covering it up doesn't make it any less serious.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:27 pm

So he has to hit a target 25 from 25 to prove he's not injured?

Maybe he just mis-kicked (shanked) it. It's a much simpler explanation.

If that's the kind of standard you continue to expect I'm not surprised you're disappointed.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:58 pm

Weed,

It's got nothing to do with how many times he missed a target. It's possible to miss 25 out of 25 and not be injured.

It's the way he missed that shot for goal.

It wasn't a mis-kick.

It was the kick of an injured player.

Buckley is a professional. He's the sort of player who can carry injuries and you'd never know it. But every now and then he slips up. It happened once against Hawthorn when he was running for the ball and was obviously having difficulty stretching out. And last night, when he missed that shot for goal. Both times I got that sinking feeling you get when you just KNOW that something's wrong. At a guess I'd say groin.

Now, I'm no vet. But I know when a horse is lame.

And horse number 5 should have been a late scratching ... last night ... and two weeks earlier against Hawthorn. And just because the horse won doesn't justify it running. Try telling that to the RSPCA.

This has got nothing to do with the sort of standard I expect. This is about the physical well-being of a valuable horse ... er, I mean player ...
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:08 pm

I hope you are wrong Alf.
I also hope that if there were any truth in it that the coaching staff would know and do the right thing.
We certainly want Bucks to keep playing for as long as possible.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:15 pm

sure, he shanked one shot for goal, but he also nailed a goal from the centre square on the run, which sailed through post-high! he was awesome last night.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:32 pm

Well, at least we know the Crows are Shit with a capital S as well as the Pies, Alf. Laughing

Today they had 210 kicks to 158, 72 marks to 32, 95 hanballs to 68 and a whopping 60 hitouts to 26 and only beat Carlton by 42 points !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:35 pm

Interesting to see that Nick Holland after being BOG last week did his hamstring this week!!!!!!

Same story with Hird after he was BOG against us on Anzac Day. Cockatoo Collins also got injured after playing well against us.

jlc

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:33 pm

A pretty good round for us, really.

Three teams above us were beaten.

Our next round opponents had a bruising encounter over in the west.

We are only 4 points behind Adelaide, in 4th.

We are a game and percentage ahead of the teams just out of the 8.

Sydney and Freo play WCE and Lions next week.

Bloody hell, Alf, if we keep playing this badly, we may even stumble into the top 4 !!!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:47 pm

My mum rang from New Mexico this morning and i told her every detail of the game and how great Jarrod and Cheese and everyone were so my mum and dad said to say "GOOOOOO COLLINGWOOD!!!!!" lol thats all!!

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:38 pm

MAGFAN8 wrote:
Well, at least we know the Crows are Shit with a capital S as well as the Pies, Alf. Laughing

I'd better agree with you on that or they'll start calling me a Crows supporter as well. Laughing
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:11 pm

You're a hard man to please, aren't you? Sure we lost to Hawthorn, big deal? It was a heart breaking loss for everyone. Hawthorn played better then us, and deserved the win. Like we did last night at the Bulldogs, I just want you to explain how Buckley is "injured" because for an injured player, he played a very good game. So enlighten us, Alf, how is Buckley injured and able to play a good game, get BOG, and 30+ possessions?

I know many people here are curious to know how he is injured, and still did that? If that is the case, I would love to see him play when he is 100% fit.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:28 pm

Dr Alf Andrews wrote:
Well ... there you go ... You've floored me once and for all by quoting that Bible of Absolute Truth, the Herald Sun.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that maybe the reason this Club has chronically underachieved for the last 22 years is precisely because we've got a bad habit of believing the crap the papers write about us?

The Herald Sun crawls up our arse because they know they'll sell more papers that way. And they'll sell them to the same lowest-common-denominator wide-eyed fools who are singing our praises after ONE very unimpressive win over a team that is not up to AFL standard. And don't give me that crap that Malthouse said about them. Coaches ALWAYS praise the opposition. It's just part of the mind-games.

So, I'm a Richmond supporter now, am I? That's interesting. Five minutes ago I was an Essendon supporter. A few weeks back I was a Port Adelaide supporter. Would anyone like to REALLY insult me and call me a SYDNEY supporter?

I'll give praise WHEN it's due. I'm sick of making excuses for this rabble. They'll get my praise when they DESERVE it.

And, by the way ... when you lose to an "inferior" team, what does that tell you? Who really IS the "inferior" team?

Ahhhhh Alf, take a pill and chill.

Here's another quote, this time from The Age's Karen Lyon.

"Refreshed by the week off, Collingwood returned to the winners' list with an emphatic 43-point win over the Western Bulldogs in front of 42,952 people at the Telstra Dome last night.

With one of their most impressive performances of the year - their seventh win this season - the Magpies retained their top-eight position. Collingwood sits a game clear of its closest rivals - Richmond, St Kilda and Essendon - in the race to the finals.

By virtue of its win, Collingwood regained the Robert Rose Cup...."

Ok, so now you can bag the Age as well, which doesn't leave us Victorian's much to read does it?

I didn't say you were a Richmond supporter, i said that you SOUNDED like one and I was using a friend as an example, no matter how many games they win..she always looks at the negative and expects the worst.

And as for under achieving for the past 22 years, I suppose you were disappointed when we actually won the Grand Final in 1990, which is only 13 years ago, so comes within your time frame of 22 years.

I'm not still sitting in the 70's and 80's, I'm here right now and it's a totally different game of football today than it's been in the past 45 years. Even the last 3 years have seen many changes, some good, some not so good, to change the state of play from 1990.

We won last night, we won well last night. I stand by my comments as you have stood by yours.

As a final say, the people I go to the footy with, and the people I sit near, whether it be a home or away game, don't spit, have never spat nor do they throw things. There's always an element of the undesirable in any crowd.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:43 pm

What a terrible topic this has turned into Crying or Very sad Guys i think its not much point to question Alf.

I love nothing more than beating the Bulldogs so last nite was particuarly sweet for me Very Happy

Roop was gr8. If only he was back in the team sooner. He is 100% guts and heart, i love the bloke. Hes fantastic for our team.

Once again, wasnt really a consistent 4 quarter effort but thankfully the brilliant first quarter set the win up. We shoukldnt have let the Dogs stay even for the rest of the game.

I was very impressed with the pressure and desperation at the ball in the backline. Clokey's efforts were brilliant.

Very happy with 4 goals from Obree. Hopefully hes working back into some form, as are Dids, Josh and Molly.

Tazza, what can i say. Wonderful effort again.

Lets hope this is a turnaround for a positive second half of the season.

LETS GO PIEBOYS Very Happy

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: