Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who gets delisted/traded at the end of the year?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

HAL wrote:
Do you forget things often?

What did you just say?

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:30 pm

John Wren wrote:

hine has talked about looking to trade rather than use the draft like in the past. our list is at a point where we really don't need to draft too many more youngsters. we need to bring in players in the 50-100 game category.

Wow!! Totally agree with you on this JW... Cool

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:41 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
If the Club delists and rookies Keeffe and Thomas then (with a reportedly shallow draft) only one other player (Young or Dwyer for mine) needs to be delisted from the primary list to make the required 3 changes. The Club may choose to delist another player to keep both Manteit and Abbott (see below).

The 3 primary list spots would be taken by Frost, Gault and first rounder.

Armstrong and one of Manteit and Abbott would need to be delisted to make way for Keeffe and Thomas on the rookie list unless the Club delisted another player from the primary list and prematurely promoted one of Manteit and Abbott.

So for mine, Young and Armstrong are both going and then it is a choice between delisting Dwyer or one of Manteit/Abbott or showing one of Keeffe/Thomas the door.

Caff's signing for 2016 pretty much foretells or confirms that Young, Dwyer and Armstrong are the likely departures at season's end.

Young's career is over I suspect. Not a success for us, but I wish him well.

Dwyer I could see getting another chance elsewhere so he might keep the dream alive. Failing that he could be a VFL signing for us depending on his other career aspirations.

I will fondly remember Armstrong for his two games in one day effort (with a long drive up from Geelong in between if I recall correctly).

If Armstrong is delisted and Frost is promoted you've already got 2x rookie spots available for Keeffe and Thomas.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:49 pm

Yep my bad.

So maybe Dwyer gets a lifeline for 2016 and only Young and Armstrong go.

Would leave a spot on primary list for an additional promotion (Gault) or a player traded in.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:57 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
I would play Young and Karnesis in the seniors this season and assess them after that. Seedsman I would definitely keep. The others I agree with FWIW.

That'll help you 9-12 prediction. Young that is, not PK.

Turn it off Daz FFS!! Get back on the chill pills dude! I get your point.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I predicted 9-12. That doesn't mean it will be right! (YOU of all posters should know that by now). In fact with my history with pure guesswork, it will be totally bloody wrong!! Laughing

However I would have another look at Young in the seniors before deciding is fate. In top notch form, he is a great asset to have, a left foot assassin.

Haven't seen anything in Young's VFL performances thus far this season that merit a senior game so hard to understand how a few charity senior games should/would/could elevate him toward retention.

And on exposed form, if Young plays we're a lesser team and more likely to be beaten. Hence my earlier observation.

No chill pills needed.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:40 pm

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
I would play Young and Karnesis in the seniors this season and assess them after that. Seedsman I would definitely keep. The others I agree with FWIW.

That'll help you 9-12 prediction. Young that is, not PK.

Turn it off Daz FFS!! Get back on the chill pills dude! I get your point.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I predicted 9-12. That doesn't mean it will be right! (YOU of all posters should know that by now). In fact with my history with pure guesswork, it will be totally bloody wrong!! Laughing

However I would have another look at Young in the seniors before deciding is fate. In top notch form, he is a great asset to have, a left foot assassin.

Haven't seen anything in Young's VFL performances thus far this season that merit a senior game so hard to understand how a few charity senior games should/would/could elevate him toward retention.

And on exposed form, if Young plays we're a lesser team and more likely to be beaten. Hence my earlier observation.

No chill pills needed.

A fit and match conditioned young is best 22, but his body just isn't up to it unfortunately.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:27 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Culprit wrote:
From Rudeboy

Young - Certainty
Armstrong - Certainty
Dwyer - Certainty
Thomas (re-rookied) No Chance, Pert and Eddie would look like imbeciles.
Keeffe (re-rookied) as above
Karnezis - Will keep for one more season as he needs a fit full preseason to be judged. Skating on thin ice.

A few Players will be put on the table to see if a good deal can be done. You have to offer up something to get something. I suggest these players.
Faz
Kennedy
Seedsman

Yeah, I think you might be right about Fas and Seedsman. They've both been around for a few years now and have still not really cemented their spots. Seedman is particularly on thin ice, now that he's been dropped. The next chance he gets at a senior spot will no doubt be his last you'd think.

i reckon seedo is very much in bucks' future plans.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:03 pm

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Culprit wrote:
From Rudeboy

Young - Certainty
Armstrong - Certainty
Dwyer - Certainty
Thomas (re-rookied) No Chance, Pert and Eddie would look like imbeciles.
Keeffe (re-rookied) as above
Karnezis - Will keep for one more season as he needs a fit full preseason to be judged. Skating on thin ice.

A few Players will be put on the table to see if a good deal can be done. You have to offer up something to get something. I suggest these players.
Faz
Kennedy
Seedsman

Yeah, I think you might be right about Fas and Seedsman. They've both been around for a few years now and have still not really cemented their spots. Seedman is particularly on thin ice, now that he's been dropped. The next chance he gets at a senior spot will no doubt be his last you'd think.

i reckon seedo is very much in bucks' future plans.

I just hope this recent spell in the VFL has finally woken Seedsman up to what he needs to do to make it as an AFL player. He could be one of our best players for sure, but I wonder if he wants it badly enough. I hope he does and I hope we stick with him.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:27 pm

Unfortunately the Seed lacks a bit of polish with his handball and decision making with his kicking. Costly turnovers and a casual demeanour curtail his true effectiveness. Crucial next phase for him. Expect him to be the sub this week.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:40 am

I hope we de-list no one except maybe Young. He has a Prem. medal, he's fine, but I'd hate to see Dwyer, Karny and Armstrong dumped. These are seriously talented guys and Dwyer has been excellent in the few opportunities he's got, as well as starring in the VFL. All this years rookies have done well in the Magoos.

I'm pretty sure we'll trade Gault for a better pick as we're flush with big guys.
I don't think we'll get Keefy and JT back.
That gives us four spots for the drafts (with a bit of juggling)
I hope we end up with just 2 draft and 1 rookie pick. It’s a very shallow draft, we'll finish in the top 6 so our third pick would be a wood duck. Get BOP Pendles in the Rookie draft and that’s it!

The STUPID part is the ridiculously small list size. We need at least another 5 spots. Sides have come very close to not fielding a complete side the way things are, I think we had a game last year when every bloke on the list played 1s or 2s.

5 More places on AFL lists! Make it happen Ed!!!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:09 am

35forever wrote:
but I'd hate to see Dwyer, Karny and Armstrong dumped.

Wow!! And here I thought I was the only Armstrong supporter on Nick's!! Shocked

Might have to reconsider now... Laughing

58pie 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:29 am

Blair and Young can go and the rest can wait till after the season ends. Should be judging Goldsack and Toovey closely as they are getting on.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:35 am

Lazza wrote:
35forever wrote:

That's harsh, I think he'll be a very useful addition to our VFL list.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:48 am

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
35forever wrote:

That's harsh, I think he'll be a very useful addition to our VFL list.

I think Young wil be better because of his experience...... Idea

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:03 pm

Armstrong's VFL performances this season have bordered upon the superb. Young's haven't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: