Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Wines hit on langdon

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me get this straight.

The head is sacrosanct if you elect to bump, it's sacrosanct if you lay a tackle and pin the arms but if you stick your foot up to an extent the boot stops smash into your opponents head this is okay?

Honestly what Greene did was the worst and most deliberate incident from the weekend yet he escapes with a fine.

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:14 am

I expect nothing less from chooklotto MRP. When you have a system which is more concerned with precedent than application of laws of the game, hiding behind a legalistic facade, you will never get anything resembling natural justice or procedural fairness!
think better 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:56 am

It seems that the rules change the closer we get to the finals - anyone with a chance to play finals gets the grade of an offence downgraded (Langdon's should have been medium but was considered low)

same with Greene's kick to the head being considered lower grade

E 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:38 am

at least greene did what he did in the act of taking a mark (i.e., a legitimate football play).

the one that has my head scratching is the Ollie wines clip to the ear AFTER player Langdon had disposed of the ball. It was a late hit and his intent was to hit the head (and he only hit the head).

Maybe we should all review the Levi Greenwood incident and see if there is ANY real difference between those two plays at all. Levi got suspended if i recall correctly.

PS: how on earth wasn't it at least DOWN FIELD free kick???? Oh that's right. too early in the game to pay a free kick to Collingwood. We only get free paid after the result is beyond doubt!!!!!

taff wa 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:57 am

[quote="E"]at least greene did what he did in the act of taking a mark (i.e., a legitimate football play).

the one that has my head scratching is the Ollie wines clip to the ear AFTER player Langdon had disposed of the ball. It was a late hit and his intent was to hit the head (and he only hit the head).

Maybe we should all review the Levi Greenwood incident and see if there is ANY real difference between those two plays at all. Levi got suspended if i recall correctly.

PS: how on earth wasn't it at least DOWN FIELD free kick???? Oh that's right. too early in the game to pay a free kick to Collingwood. We only get free paid after the result is beyond doubt!!!!![/quote]

'Act of taking a mark' when he was receiving a handball.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:35 am

taff wa wrote:
E wrote:
at least greene did what he did in the act of taking a mark (i.e., a legitimate football play).

PS: how on earth wasn't it at least DOWN FIELD free kick???? Oh that's right. too early in the game to pay a free kick to Collingwood. We only get free paid after the result is beyond doubt!!!!!

'Act of taking a mark' when he was receiving a handball.

think maybe you missed the point.........

do i need to type slower?

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:01 pm

Tackling and laying a bump is also a legitimate act of playing football but if you elect to do it and cause the player to be struck in the head you run the risk of suspension.

What Greene did was unbelievably dangerous.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:16 pm

I strongly urge everyone to read this:
https://writelinefever.wordpress.com/2017/08/15/fathoming-the-mrp-my-brain-hurts/

It's a brilliant piece of writing and echoes all the comments here.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:31 pm

Brilliant article. It's as if 9/10 spectators wrote that piece.

I tell you, the AFL is run by uneducated biased boys' club bogans. I'm embarrassed.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:33 pm

"Brodie Grundy never stood a chance in the unofficial hearing governed by media hysteria. Even at the ground, as Ben Brown lay prostrate as Grundy waited to take his free kick, the scoreboard operators saw fit to replay the Dangerfield incident from the previous week, thus immediately wedding the two as one and the same. Nevermind the circumstances were indeed different (Grundy not having a Brownlow on the line seemingly the most significant)."

WTFF??? Is this true??? If so, I'm close to never renewing a membership to watch this bogan boys' club league again.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:39 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
"Brodie Grundy never stood a chance in the unofficial hearing governed by media hysteria. Even at the ground, as Ben Brown lay prostrate as Grundy waited to take his free kick, the scoreboard operators saw fit to replay the Dangerfield incident from the previous week, thus immediately wedding the two as one and the same. Nevermind the circumstances were indeed different (Grundy not having a Brownlow on the line seemingly the most significant)."

WTFF??? Is this true??? If so, I'm close to never renewing a membership to watch this bogan boys' club league again.

Yeah, I was extremely peed off to read that. Talk about trial by media!!! The Collingwood administration needed to object loudly and vigorously to this, but they all seem to have gone to sleep during the review.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:36 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

Yeah, I was extremely peed off to read that. Talk about trial by media!!! The Collingwood administration needed to object loudly and vigorously to this, but they all seem to have gone to sleep during the review.

Even our so called president talked about how there was nothing wrong with the tackle but why didn't we challenge it instead of bending over and accepting whatever the afl and mrp decide to dish out to us. It's like we're always made an example of by the afl just to prove a point. The media hung us out to dry and everyone else follows suit. The Collingwood administration is as soft as butter. This game is losing me by the week.
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:46 pm
Post subject: ollie wines on langdonReply with quote

I am totally exasperated with the AFL and the MRP.
Ollie wines should have copped at least one week.
Now it appears we must teach our players not to courageously get to their feet after a hit, to make sure the incident is taken more seriously.Perhaps we can give them acting lessons on staggering , fainting collapsing in distress.
Players have been taught that rather than ride a player into the ground, they should tackle and turn them forcing the ball to come clear.
This has now resulted in players' heads hitting the ground and the AFL has jumped on this with the intention of protecting the head,

However, Cunnington copped Goldsack high last week, no mention and this week, Wines collects Langdon high and LATE.

Goldy did go off and returned but the actual ACT was ILLEGAL.

Just so disillusioned with football bullshit these days and Toby Green's foot studs out was DAMN dangerous.
Nothing we say matters.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:08 pm

This is just another example, amongst many of the ineptitude of the AFL. Manipulative, inconsistent and fundamentally corrupt to the core.

Nothing has changed and there is nothing that indicates that there will be any type of reform in the future.

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:12 pm

MRP and the people who sit on it are brain-dead indeed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: