Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Crows. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope JDG returns - in for Daicos
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:54 pm

Haff wrote:
^ looks like he didn’t play. Not sure why, thought he was named..

Didn't pass fitness tests according to Buckley, if I recall correctly. So won't be able to play VFL until round 23 at the earliest (and that's our last VFL match).

K 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:56 pm

K wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
K wrote:
Nicksters' forgotten man-child Fogarty has 5 goals.
Fogartys kicking from around 40+ was perfect. He’s always been a lovely thumping kick. We won’t want him getting to many looks at goal.

Not a bad sidestep:

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1160467164119175169

Lloyd: "The best kick for goal in the game" and "the purest kick I've seen in a long, long time".
jatsad 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:28 pm

Born to Pie wrote:
Cam wrote:
If they don't play Moore this week or next, then it's season over for him again. You'd want two games out of him I'd reckon, just to see how he holds up.

I agree with Cam but I think if we don't play Moore & JDG against the Crows it's going to be too much come the first week of finals having Stevo back and Moore & JDG 2nd week back we need them now if possible.

Worked ok for the dogs in 2016. They got 5 back that had not played for a while.

Class tells.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:44 pm

I'd rather give JDG and Moore an extra week of hamstring muscle building, before playing them in the last game against the Bumbers. Then they will have a week to recover, before the finals.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:51 pm

"Rather give"? It's not an option. They are still injured!
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:54 pm

Haff wrote:
^ looks like he didn’t play. Not sure why, thought he was named..

Glad no returning from injury Pies ran out last weekend... it was tear-a-hamstring-running-through-the-banner cold.

K 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:58 pm

Good they didn't have a banner, then.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:36 pm

jatsad wrote:
Born to Pie wrote:
Cam wrote:
If they don't play Moore this week or next, then it's season over for him again. You'd want two games out of him I'd reckon, just to see how he holds up.

I agree with Cam but I think if we don't play Moore & JDG against the Crows it's going to be too much come the first week of finals having Stevo back and Moore & JDG 2nd week back we need them now if possible.

Worked ok for the dogs in 2016. They got 5 back that had not played for a while.

Class tells.

Agree. There is a big difference in a players level of fitness if he misses a few weeks in April / May versus missing a month in August.
During the pre finals bye round, any underdone players will be hammered in match simulation conditions.
In the perfect world you want them going in with a game ( or two ) under their belt but if they are picked for the finals without a hit out, it’s because the club believes they can get through the game.
I wouldn’t be too worried if all three were picked without any warm up games. The club would only do it because they are deemed as better options than the players who were omitted for them.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:39 pm

If we merge with the Dogs for the next 7 weeks, the premiership will be ours. Wink
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:48 pm

De Goey and Moore to miss Crows

by Mitch Cleary (AFL Media), Aug 12, 2019 6:03PM

Collingwood superstar Jordan De Goey is expected to miss at least one more week with a hamstring injury as the Pies sweat on his availability before finals.

The 23-year-old was spotted at scans on Monday afternoon ahead of Saturday’s trip to face Adelaide, however the Pies have allayed fears he had suffered a fresh setback.

Instead, his absence is set to extend to a third week as a result of the original injury and is no certainty to return for the final round against Essendon on August 23.

De Goey is one of several Pies fighting soft-tissue injuries, along with Darcy Moore who is also expected to miss the clash with the Crows.

"Speaking to our medical guys this morning, it would be expected both him (De Goey) and Darcy would come up a bit short," Pies head of football Geoff Walsh told AFL.com.au.

"(De Goey) hasn’t re-injured (his hamstring)."

De Goey had originally told Triple M last Monday that he had been hopeful of returning for last week’s win over Melbourne or the match against the Crows.

Should De Goey and Moore miss the final round against the Bombers, the Pies could have at least three inclusions for the opening week of finals with Jaidyn Stephenson to return from his betting suspension.

Meanwhile, utility Ben Reid completed a one-on-one running session on Monday morning as he keeps the door ajar for an unlikely late season return from his latest hamstring injury sustained last month.

Collingwood’s VFL side has a bye this weekend, with fellow veteran Daniel Wells hoping to put his hand up to play the following week for the first time since his round 10 PCL injury.

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2019-08-12/de-goey-and-moore-to-miss-crows
Adz 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:19 pm

The medical gurus “what and see” approach stiles again.

Don’t be surprised if De Goey goes in for surgery tomorrow.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:21 pm

Woods wrote:
De Goey and Moore to miss Crows

Boy we are going to have a few underdone players comes finals time.

This is a must win game. Put those Crows out of finals contention once and for all (although they played pretty well against the Eagles).
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:40 pm

A trip to Lunatic Land Crows is never easy, tho we did belt them last yr, that was a great game, Grundy starred. ! This will be damn tough, these pricks are desperate to play finals, wont be easy. that's for sure. I thought Moore an de goey would be back, but alas no, sometimes I reckon we fans are being deceived by injury reports, I for one thought Langdons was not season ending. we were conned on that one. Pies by 11 pts, in a very scrappy game, just get the game done.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:41 pm

Definitely going to require goals from Elliott, WHE, Checkers, Varcoe, Thomas and Brown. Midfield goals from Treloar, Pendles and Sidey could prove the difference.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: