Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Any Merrett to getting Zach?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He did wear 17 but not on Grand Final Day 1958
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:20 am

BazBoy wrote:
He did wear 17 but not on Grand Final Day 1958

I noticed that. Do you know why he wore 16 on that day?

Wore 35 in his first year, then 17 for the rest of his career, except for GF day 1958...

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:29 am

All players that day had different numbers as I believe it was the The Sun published team numbers before Football Record—-in fact Barassi wore 2 instead of 31
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:31 am

BazBoy wrote:
All players that day had different numbers as I believe it was the The Sun published team numbers before Football Record—-in fact Barassi wore 2 instead of 31

Nice to see the media has keep up its incompetence since the 50s.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:43 am

think positive wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Loving Collingwood hurts................until the hurt goes away or it gets worse when it morphs into anger. A lot of us are very angry at the moment. Why is Eddie so damn quiet about all the inequities that affect Collingwood? 😖😡🤬

This

I’m so sick of the armchair ride for other teams

How did the cats get danger? Sydney get franklin?

The tigers coach whinges 2 weeks running about the umps and all the coaches get told to pull their heads in! It’s bullshit!

The only strange thing about Franklin going to Sydney on a $10m, 9 year contract was that he blindsided the AFL as they were trying very hard to get him to go to GWS. The AFL weren't happy. That is why they made sure that if a player didn't play out his contract, that the unpaid amount was still included in the salary cap. Franklin may be finished, and the swans still have two years of his salary, whether paid or unpaid, to deal with.

The bigger question to ask is why big names do not want to play for us.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:30 am

We get ten times the media/public scrutiny and hype than the other clubs. Buddy wanted to get away from the Melbourne bubble, he didn’t want more of it. I can’t imagine everything he did at Hawthorn would be kept quiet at Collingwood and the AFL turn a blind eye. You just have to look at the media/public reaction to Stengel getting caught with cocaine in Adelaide to Murray testing positive — completely different reactions. Both guilty, but you’d think Stengel only had Panadol with the difference in media reporting. Murray and Collingwood had swarms of media hounding them ... Stengel was able to continue shopping at his local supermarket with no issues.

We’re different to other clubs. Some players can deal with it, others can’t. Buddy needed to get away from Melbourne

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:38 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
We get ten times the media/public scrutiny and hype than the other clubs. Buddy wanted to get away from the Melbourne bubble, he didn’t want more of it. I can’t imagine everything he did at Hawthorn would be kept quiet at Collingwood and the AFL turn a blind eye. You just have to look at the media/public reaction to Stengel getting caught with cocaine in Adelaide to Murray testing positive — completely different reactions. Both guilty, but you’d think Stengel only had Panadol with the difference in media reporting. Murray and Collingwood had swarms of media hounding them ... Stengel was able to continue shopping at his local supermarket with no issues.

One breached ASADA rules and was suspended.
One didn't and wasn't.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:40 am

^^^ both caught with cocaine. Same thing and deserving of same media scrutiny. One got thrown in the fire, the other is still getting trade offers on good money. Absolutely double standards from afl, media and public. Full stop.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:45 am

I think that you are being myopic.
They were completely different.
There were no double standards at all.
If by thrown in the fire you mean suspended for breaching the ASADA rules, he received what he deserved to receive.
The other is receiving offers because he did not breach the ASADA rules, he was not suspended and he is available to play.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:53 am

Riiiiiight, keep your head in the clouds then. Reality is Collingwood gets treated differently to other clubs, end of.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:54 am

Presti35 wrote:
BazBoy wrote:

Nice to see the media has keep up its incompetence since the 50s.

Was it incompetence simply printing the names of the players and the numbers they wore every week?

In response, fearing that spectators would not buy the Footy Record,the VFL made the players wear different numbers which were then published in the Footy Record.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:09 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Riiiiiight, keep your head in the clouds then. Reality is Collingwood gets treated differently to other clubs, end of.

I suppose that you are correct in a way. We don't really have to wear a clash strip. and we are on tv almost every week which is good for those that don't have Foxtel.

The reality is that it's quite funny reading about all of the injustices that are supposedly committed against us. We are just one of the AFL clubs. We haven't had a dominant era for almost 100 years. The days of Collingwood being the big strong club that everyone hates is long over. We have probably been overtaken by Richmond.We do still have a large membership, but so do other clubs.

If you believe that Collingwood players get more publicity than others, you aren't aware of what occurs in Perth or in Adelaide.
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:18 pm

https://twitter.com/afl/status/883561582139133952?lang=en
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:19 pm

https://www.afl.com.au/news/520946/-i-ll-be-playing-at-essendon-next-year-star-don-rules-out-trade-request

Time to lock this one. Crying or Very sad

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:34 pm

Yeah looks unlikely that any trade involving Collingwood will happen 🥺😖
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: