Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies smoke Dees. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

And if I ever read Lipinski isn’t in our best team again, I will reply in kind. Has a huge tank, very creative and makes smart decisions. He continues to fill gaps playing various roles until the cavalry arrive. He and W H E continue to be the most under appreciated of our senior group, unless you’re one of the coaches of course.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:18 pm

Pleased with the 4qtr effort & not having heart palpitations in the last.

Agree re Gawn, he took some intercepted marks, had he not been there, we would’ve smoked ‘em by a lot more.

Having smoked duck for dinner I am!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!

Last edited by ANNODAM on Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
uncanny 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:18 pm

After that win we are back in the mix to be thereabouts when the whips are cracking again this year.
Well done to the team and coaching staff. once again.

Dean's best game yet.
Kreuger has shown glimpses in the past to date and his performance today backs this up. A huge plus.
Cameron huge in at least breaking even with Gawn
Harrison cool in the clutch to kick 3 with his only chances on goal.
Bruzzy so strong with his attack on the ball and man with it.
Sets the tone for the rest to follow.

Playing Petracca for a quarter or more after his injury was a disgrace.
Shows Melbourne coaching as inept yet again.

Can we move on dees from your booing of Maynard? It did stop late but only after the sooks doing it went went home early.
Interesting to see Brayden and May and others chatting amicably after the game. Looks like they have moved on so the people that boo them should too.

Go pies.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:25 pm

Just a wonderful, wonderful win.
Just amazed at our club...we cannot underestimate the significance of this performance. Every player has our system and structure stamped in his DNA.
This was such a brilliant team performance.
With so many top 22 players out, it is just an extraordinary performance.
Fin: well done, mate. You just showed that you are ready for the AFL.
Charlie Dean: yes, you know the system, and you have the skills to execute. Well done.
Nathan K: yep special day for you. 3 goals, and provided a massive distraction to the Melbourne defence. Signalled that he is ready for AFL, like Fin.
HH: yes, you likewise have the system ingrained and you have the football IQ as well to be where it counts.
Sulli: Great game. Inside creating pressure and providing crucial links in the chain. Likewise, you have internalised our system
Billy Frampton: did everything required within the structure devised for today.
Brilliant game from Jack Crisp. He is a miracle, now second placed for run of consecutive games.
Darcy Cameron: another wonderful game holding up in the ruck and across the ground,
Sidey: just proved he is not done with just yet.
WHE; he still remembers 2018, and is reproducing the same form.
This was an extraordinary team performance. Every player on the ground contributed to this victory.
It is testament to the discipline, and mental toughness of this team.
PS: Bruzza. Brilliant, brilliant game. When you refer to mental toughness, this is the man.

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:25 pm

Melbourne has beaten us just once (by 4 points) at the MCG since QB 2017. So, that's 9 out of the last 10 against them, there. Gawn played in all 9 of those losses. The one Melbourne won against us at the 'G last year is the only one in which they played an actual ruckman against us. Laughing
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:26 pm

^ Except after they stopped booing Bruzzy, they started booing Moore. Guess what you feral dreamons maggots, both were completely legal footy acts and you can just shut it you loser sookie la las. Piss off toffs, there's no snow so just choke on your cucumber sandwiches and smoke your own arrogance. Love beating this mob more than the scum!
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:29 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
And if I ever read Lipinski isn’t in our best team again, I will reply in kind. Has a huge tank, very creative and makes smart decisions. He continues to fill gaps playing various roles until the cavalry arrive. He and W H E continue to be the most under appreciated of our senior group, unless you’re one of the coaches of course.

Agree. He played a wonderful game today.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:33 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
Pleased with the 4qtr effort & not having heart palpitations in the last.

Agree re Gawn, he took some intercepted marks, had he not been there, we would’ve smoked ‘em by a lot more.

Having smoked duck for dinner I am!

Make sure you add some demon hot chilli!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:11 pm

One of our greatest wins, given the players we had watching on from the stands.

He may not have been our best player, but our most important player on the day was Darcy Cameron, who rucked tirelessly and single-handedly against the competition's best ruck.

Crisp is back to his Copeland trophy best, and the Daicos brothers are....the Daicos brothers. Fingers crossed Nick is OK.

Freddie performed beyond expectations. Boy oh boy he is a big unit. He might be as raw as all phuck, but he competes and competes. He has defenders looking over their shoulders whenever he is in the vicinity. What pleased me the most was his beautiful kicking for goal. I can't wait to see him playing alongside Checkers.

We have found a keeper in Harrison. Hats off also to Macrae, who played his best game for us so far, despite appearing to tire in the 2nd half. Dean also played his best game yet, and Sullivan continues to plug a hole for us in the midfield.

And WHE was the catalyst for our win, with a masterful display, demonstrating just how important he is. Ditto for Lipinski.

Overall, this win puts us back into contention for a top 4 finish. Obviously the Swans are the current flag favourites, but make no mistake, they would be shitting bricks at the thought of facing us on the MCG with Checkers, JDG, Pendles, Elliott and Mitchell back in our side. Go Pies!
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:17 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Overall, this win puts us back into contention for a top 4 finish. Obviously the Swans are the current flag favourites, but make no mistake, they would be shitting bricks at the thought of facing us on the MCG with Checkers, JDG, Pendles, Elliott and Mitchell back in our side. Go Pies!

Agree. I think we would be the ones the Swans would least want to face in a GF.
Swans are looking brilliant.
But who knows what our team is capable of, when all our injured players return.
Pies are the wild card this year. and it is a place where I like us to be.

Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:36 pm

Pies and the Lions are the wildcards in this back half of the season. None of the fancies will want either team in the 8.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:37 pm

Wildcard?
We're 5/1 behind just Swans 5/2 & Blues 9/2..... Giants are the only other side at single figure odds.

Roll North and come out of the bye with about 6 more options to throw in the mix... Hope ya's listened when I said soak up the 9/1 about 8 weeks ago.

mightypies90 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:45 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Thanks Magpies, for putting some sunshine into a very sad day. This morning, my beloved Boxer doggie boy, Tyson, passed away, after a brief illness, he was 12 yrs old. I laid him to rest next to his bro, Oscar, his best buddy. This great victory so undermanned, against all odds, is just the tonic I needed. Thank you Collingwood.

It’s a sad day when we lose a four legged friend. Hope you’re ok and glad the pies could give you some happiness on a sad day. Thoughts are with you.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:47 pm

uncanny wrote:
Can we move on dees from your booing of Maynard? It did stop late but only after the sooks doing it went home early.

And can we move on from the booing of May? We made our point today.

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:47 pm

Well I’ve got no interest in the Swans making the GF given they haven’t qualified yet and the PFs the last few years haven’t been blowouts and there’s been 5 or 6 clubs at the level give or take a lucky bounce. There’s no doubt they are favourites in June but who cares when the heat comes to the pan in September.

Piesnchess sorry to hear you sad news.

Rapt for Freddy. Hopefully he can stay available gets some continuity and do a job regularly now.

Fly talked about Maynard’s efforts to overcome a major off field personal issue this week. Speaks so much to Bruzzy’s character to go out and lead like that. Hope he has got all the support he needs otherwise.

Based on the veteran speccy count this year, we must be due a Scott Pendlebury speccy too when he returns to the team. Surely he can’t sit by and watch Sidey get off the ground like that.

Last edited by The Black and White Lion on Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: