Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match: Magpies v. Demons. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Melbourne have a history of elevating themselves against us.

Even in games we've gone on to win comfortably in the past often involved first quarters where they dominated us only to be let down by poor conversion.

In 2010 one game was drawn while the other was a 1pt victory to us if memory serves me correct.

Last year they trounced us in the return meeting while in the first it took 7 goals from Cloke and 3 from Elliott (all last quarter?) to result in a hard fought win.

My point is they have proven hard to beat often regardless of our form and unless we can elevate ourselves to another level like they have achieved in the past I doubt we can win.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:54 pm

After listening to Bucks comments in his presser yesterday we aren't going to be playing a super attacking brand of football.
He said "without giving anything away to the opposition we will be a lot more dour than we have tried to be this year.
I'm guessing his going a defence first mentality and looking at some selections makes sense really
Another point was listening to Treloar on fox footy when asked about the collapse in the defensive structures.
He said the players run to the space as a zone defence but instead of still guarding a man/area they guarded an area only. He also said the midfield didn't work hard enough getting back.
I played some vision from the game and you can clearly see players not watching opponents but running to a zone instead. Hence why we look so shambolic in defence
I wouldn't be surprised if we played a more man on man game this weekend.
Brining in Toovey to me sounds like e are going to go ultra defensive
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:59 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Even in games we've gone on to win comfortably in the past often involved first quarters where they dominated us only to be let down by poor conversion.

In 2010 one game was drawn while the other was a 1pt victory to us if memory serves me correct.

Last year they trounced us in the return meeting while in the first it took 7 goals from Cloke and 3 from Elliott (all last quarter?) to result in a hard fought win.

My point is they have proven hard to beat often regardless of our form and unless we can elevate ourselves to another level like they have achieved in the past I doubt we can win.

Totally agree with you swoop42. You are spot on about the hiostory of games between Melbourne and Collingwood. They ALWAYS spoil the party.
For some reason I was fairly comfident of a win on Wednesday but it's now gone.
All I can do is to hope and pray for a win, like I do each week with tattslotto. And that has never ever worked for me.................... Rolling Eyes

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:29 pm

Lazza wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Totally agree with you swoop42. You are spot on about the hiostory of games between Melbourne and Collingwood. They ALWAYS spoil the party.
All I can do is to hope and pray for a win, like I do each week with tattslotto. And that has never ever worked for me.................... Rolling Eyes

of our last 12 games against this mob, we have won 10, drawn once and lost once. #keepthefaith

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:42 pm

John Wren wrote:
Lazza wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

of our last 12 games against this mob, we have won 10, drawn once and lost once. #keepthefaith

I was going to say the same thing,John.It's a bit of myth to suggest that Melbourne trouble us,or spoil the party for us.Until last year we have completely dominated them in recent seasons.Having said that,i'm still not very confident about Sunday,given the way we've been playing this year.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:51 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Lazza wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

I was going to say the same thing,John.It's a bit of myth to suggest that Melbourne trouble us,or spoil the party for us.Until last year we have completely dominated them in recent seasons.Having said that,i'm still not very confident about Sunday,given the way we've been playing this year.

it's easy to be rattled by our current predicament and form but there is a lack of consistency with melbourne in the first three games. gws should have won comfortably and we know they were asleep ar the wheel against essendon. not surr what to make of the hobart game but in scoring well they leaked 21 goals.

roar 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:55 pm

Bucks has to be taking the piss with including Caff.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:03 pm

Caff Goodyear and Cox are Emergencies

Moore must have a Question Mark over him

58pie 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:09 pm

Cox an emergency. Buckley is gutless playing Blair, Sinclair and Toovey ahead of Cox.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:12 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Caff Goodyear and Cox are Emergencies

Moore must have a Question Mark over him

i guess we'll know sunday morning.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:12 pm

58pie wrote:
Cox an emergency. Buckley is gutless playing Blair, Sinclair and Toovey ahead of Cox.

They are Bucks Favourites

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:14 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
58pie wrote:

They are Bucks Favourites

does cox play any of their positions?

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:21 pm

How does Blair keep getting a game? Between Macaffer and Blair, at least Macaffer can tackle. What does Blair have to his game apart from endeavor and persistence?
58pie 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:24 pm

You only need more than 8 disposals 3 tackles and Cox did that on his own.
In the case of Blair zero tackles. You can play class and they can play anywhere. I would rather have Levi Greenwood in Blairs position. Aish has more class than Sinclair and Cox would leave Toovey in his wake.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:27 pm

Woods wrote:
Are we going to go the rest of the season with the juvenile cock jokes.

Its disrespectful to our new recruit and opens the door to other abuse.

What's next, branding the Pie's women's team the Collingwood Clits?

Don't start what you can't finish.

Sick name, I love it!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 21 of 27   

Jump to: