Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Travis Cloke

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laird 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:59 am
Post subject: Re: YeahReply with quote

<3didak wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Oh goodness! Premiership Glory does not pay the bills when you leave football and have other professional skills. What part of that don't some of you clowns get!

Check the lines from Gerry Cooper in the movie the Club about loyalty. Great stuff and sums up modern footy.

Cloke is a great champion and key to our success. I stand by him.

I'm not sure what you mean by this? Are you saying its ok for him to go after money because premierships don't exactly mean coin in the bank or? On a personal level I would play for collingwood on 100k a year if it meant winning a premiership with them, nothing would mean more to me then that, and you have that for the rest of your life. Imagine winning two or three, now that is something you can be proud of forever, pendles and co know that, wish this muppet would. Whats the big difference between 600k - 1mil honestly, your still living pretty bloody good

Agree. By the way, is getting a regular job after footy beneath him? Or is the concept of possibly investing wisely in the future, with a decade of great money, too hard to grasp. Oh dear!

Travis, You are playing for the COLLINGWOOD Football Club! My word, the things we take for granted.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Hiss wrote:
Oh goodness! Premiership Glory does not pay the bills when you leave football and have other professional skills. What part of that don't some of you clowns get!

Check the lines from Gerry Cooper in the movie the Club about loyalty. Great stuff and sums up modern footy.

NOW I am confused Hiss. Didnt you tell him to bugger off and not hold the Collingwood FC to ransom on the other thread, or am i missing something here.? I am sure you said like, if "he does not want to represent our great club then stuff him, piss off then." ! Is that correct, Question Confused Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nash Rising wrote:

Its interesting that this occurs time after time with virtually none of the doom and gloom that is predicted actually turning out that way.
Its as if someone starts it off and others feel they don't want to be left out and just pile on board with even greater "end of the world" predictions.

It's quite disturbing. Clearly a lot of people here think the club has no idea what it's doing, that it hasn't considered the possiblity that Cloke or any other player might leave, that there are no replacements available that we could go after, and that our success depends upon one person.

I don't know much about 'footy' but I know that that's all a load of shite.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:30 pm

Cloke was not happy about being subbed out after kicking a goal

Mooney showed a bit when he came on
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:31 pm

I think he had a niggle, so it was a good move to sub him off.
ClokingDevice 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:32 pm
Post subject: Trav will stay: PendleburyReply with quote

You'd think he'd know

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/140010/default.aspx

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:34 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Hiss wrote:

NOW I am confused Hiss. Didnt you tell him to bugger off and not hold the Collingwood FC to ransom on the other thread, or am i missing something here.? I am sure you said like, if "he does not want to represent our great club then stuff him, piss off then." ! Is that correct, Question Confused Confused

Well that was Bad Hiss. This is Good Hiss. BTW why take what a caricature says seriously anyway? (penny drops....)

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:22 pm

Cloke on the outer, he was playing for his new team today.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:24 pm

I don't want to read too much into it, but he did look kinda disinterested today. That could be for a whole heap of different reasons. Hope he can get back in to it next week.
#SIDEBYSIDE
Brenny 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:55 pm

2 V 1 and at times 3 V 1, was always going to be a hard day for him.

NB: How bloody good did Dawes do down forward when Cloke was subbed!

Dawes played well today, and even better when he was on his own down forward!
Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:20 pm

We desperately need to re-sign Beams, Wellingham, Reid and Harry. I'd love Cloke to be playing for Collingwood next year but if he doesn't we will still win the Flag.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:58 pm

Like I said, sign the rest & Cloke can have the left overs...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:43 pm

What's the meaning of starting to plan next years team without even consulting me?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
What's the meaning of starting to plan next years team without even consulting me?

JOCK- "Just sign the bloody thing Geoff (Travis)for chrissakes "

Geoff (Travis) "not till i get more money "!

Ed- "How much more" ??

Geoff (Travis)- $ 10 000, er, i mean $2 million.!

Ed- (reaching for cheque book)-"We dont want to lose the boy, I will pay it personally. "

Laurie- " Youve spent all our money on one bloody player. YOU just better be right Jock, youd just better be right " ! Razz Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:20 pm

I reckon the Cloke saga is now the only thing that could derail our Premiership hopes this season. It needs to be resolved one way or the other within the next 4 weeks or it will become a massive distraction come finals time. When we go into battle in September we must know that it's one in all in. If Travis has decided to go after more dough elsewhere then he should not play in the finals. This might cost us a Premiership. If it does then the Cloke name will be dirt forever more. To be honest Cloke has already lost me, just as Malthouse lost me after his footy show performance last year. Both of them managed to create a gap between themselves and the club. Very disappointing.

BTW, I managed to score a seat at the Presidents lunch today, and Eddie let go with a massive go at Cloke's management. He reminded everyone that Ralph Carr comes from the music management business. "When was the last time an ageing drugged out muso got help from his old record company? Football is different altogether. At Collingwood we look after our own for all time. Side by side is what we're all about. If Cloke goes to Freo he may well disappear into the ether like Jack Anthony. But I'll tell you one thing, if Freo get hold of Cloke we'll be going through the Dockers' player list and picking out the best 23 yr old players, because we will have a massive war chest." He also made it clear to everyone that no player was irreplaceable. It was clear that Ed was pissed off by Cloke's comments on TFS.

Last edited by RudeBoy on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 26 of 31   

Jump to: