Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post GF. Pies pipped in GF thriller - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Number 35 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

@ think positive

Im allowed to express my points

I sat threw Rocca and Daicos leaving for similar reasons. Whi is Pendlebury so special.

Im not say Blah blah $$^&##$ Collingwood and were a JOke and so on.

Im identifying the two weak-links in our team ( IMO )

Old Man Pendlebury & Tom Phillips

Last edited by Number 35 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Prometheus Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:47 pm

In an attempt to offer a little perspective and some levity ....

https://iqdoodle.com/cognitive-distortions/
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:48 pm

I sincerely envy those of you that remain positive that "we will triumph soon" calls.
Grand Final day should be a celebration but I can no longer enjoy them. I have witnessed too many capitulations to ever be confident again.
I allowed myself, in a moment of weakness, to dare to dream this year and I was kicked in the guts, yet again.
I am truly struggling with our insipid grand final record and don't know if I can ever be truly optimistic about our prospects again, and it hurts.

I am conflicted by those that make the call "we will prevail" part of me wants to embrace the attitude and part of me wants to scream in their face "has history taught you nothing".

I hope the pain goes soon....

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:07 am

Number 35 wrote:
@ think positive

I sat threw Rocca and Daicos leaving for similar reasons. Whi is Pendlebury so special.

hey, hey, now that's a bit rough mate, calling our gallant Captain, Old Man Pendlebury, that's where I do draw the line, come on. Look, he had a bad game, shit happens, so did sidey and a few others, it happens, but one bad game, at the worst posslble time, happens. it has happened to many players in grand finals. Pendles does not deserve demeaning name calling. He knows he played a shocker, and is now hurting bad, but he will be back for us and will star again. Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:13 am

warburton lad wrote:
Yesterday is the outcome that has finally broken my spirit. My dear friends know and understand the 'Black Dog' that stalks me every day of my life. The loss simply compounds my misery.

I agree with Leigh Matthews on the Maynard 'non-decision' and bemoan that Treloar's final kick did not carry another two foot higher and pas the pack to land in De Goey's lap for the sealer.

I will always love our Club but my mental health will not survive another disappointment like yesterday. I am shattered and taking a break from Nick's to lick my wounds.

Floret Pica Magpie faithful- our turn will come, of that I'm certain.

Onya mate, I think what we all need now is a massive Nicks group Hug, we all need a big hug, all together. We are bowed, yes, but we are not broken, our day will come again, our turn will come, of that I am certain. Smile Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:17 am

@ Pienchess

Steele was tagged. Pendlebury was not.

2011 they tagged Swan, not Pendles

I dont think Pendlebury gets the respect from other teams for a very good reason. We can win without him. That was evident when he was absent from the team in the back end of last year. We played and functioned very well without him. In fact we even looked quicker with better transitioning

Sucking the last bit of Juice out of Pendlebury is not benifical for the team moving forward. DeGoey Adams Treloar Steele Sier Greenwood Thomas is a very good midfield. We have the energetic Brown and Daicos about to emerge as well as others.

We could get something seriously good for Pendlebury, I wonder what Melbourne or Bulldogs or anyone would offer.

We have a couple missing pieces to a puzzle IMO. And to complete that puzzle we cant have overstacked old high-end players with us that we dont really need and are holding backer younger players development, players that we all agree are better than we thought. Pendles and Wells are 32 and 34 respectively next year.

- We need to upgrage Phillips with a more damaging player ( phillips is too slow, cant mark, cant tackle, cant evade or break tackles, pretty much works in space and freezes under pressure ). Chad Wingard is a very good replacement. We have Mayne as a defensive Wingman. Wingard can take us to the very next level.

- We need another forward if DeGoey goes middle. Especially with Fasolo going and Elliot is no certainty, hopefully he comes back. Although we may make do with Moore and Elliot.

I guarentee you Thomas and DeGoey are naturally goal scoring midfielders.

Now imagine this potent side next year :

FF - Jamie Elliot Mason Cox Jayden Stephenson
HF- Brody Mihocek Darcy Moore Will Hoskin
C - Chad Wingard Jordan DeGoey Chris Mayne
HB - Jack Crisp Tyson Goldsack Jeremy Howe
FB - Tom Langdon Lynden Dunn Brayden Maynard

Foll - Brody Grundy Taylor Adams Brayden Seir

Int - Steele Sidebottom Adam Treloar
Travis Varcoe Josh Thomas

TELL ME its not a Monster

TELL ME we need pendles and phillips and wells

mwahahahahaha

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:46 am

If Pendlebury is going to be ageing 2 years every season (he is 30, now), he’s obviously on a quick path to decline.

You should stop, now. You are making a spectacle of yourself.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:48 am

Pete 70 wrote:
Still feel numb. Don’t think I’ve felt this bad after a game before - I remember leaving the 81 gf in tears as an 11 year old but this just hurts. So forcing myself to be cold hard rational (not sure if this is cathartic but here goes):

+ WC have objectivity a better squad with The two let forwards and McGovern
+ I didn’t really comprehend wether it was purely from a football perspective a good match; neutral friends of mine maintained it was a great contest. There is this narrative that they smashed us, but actually they couldn’t put us away. They pushed and pushed and we soaked it up and then came again.
+ The umpiring is genuinely atrocious. Third quarter 18 minute mark Grundy marks and then gets tackled - call is dropping the ball. It should have been a 50. Then Varcoe gets a free for a brilliant tackle a minute later and after the free is paid he’s tackled. 50 every f..ing day. Thomas tackled - even the west coast cheer squad in the commnetary box said it should have been paid. We kick two at the start of the last and surprise surprise - they get a soft free kick.
+ Adams - a warrior. Coxes third was brilliant he threw everything in.
+ we have a makeshift backline, three first years (hell Sier has played what 13 games), and still they cannot break us.
+ And then Maynard. Well the commentator some say was the best player ever says it’s clearly a free. Hell even their coach says I thought he played on. He clearly takes two steps for are after stopping. Play on. Either of those appalling two decisions are called correctly. Who knows.
+ So as good as they are and as (so lots of people here think) dominat; they cannot make us bend. We just get robbed. That’s all.
+ I’m sorry at the pain some of you have experienced. There are some knobs out there. I actually never slag off at any opposition supporters after we win because I know how bad the hurt is, trust me you don’t want to ever be I NSW watching a GF with people yellin out “oh well done number 4”. But here’s the thing. They couldn’t bend us, and I have something no opposition supporter can take away - pride in my football club. There has been some dark days. But the strength of this group is pretty special. The giant awakes. The real one.
+ Enjoy the summer break everyone - it’s game on. If I were Darcy I’d sign whatever they put in front of me.

Compare the pair....we wuz robbed

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:59 am

Abdul The Bull wrote:
I sincerely envy those of you that remain positive that "we will triumph soon" calls.
Grand Final day should be a celebration but I can no longer enjoy them. I have witnessed too many capitulations to ever be confident again.
I allowed myself, in a moment of weakness, to dare to dream this year and I was kicked in the guts, yet again.
I am truly struggling with our insipid grand final record and don't know if I can ever be truly optimistic about our prospects again, and it hurts.

I am conflicted by those that make the call "we will prevail" part of me wants to embrace the attitude and part of me wants to scream in their face "has history taught you nothing".

I hope the pain goes soon....

That echoes my sentiments exactly. A person's outlook is to a large extent determined by their previous experiences.

I still recall at the 19 minute mark in the last quarter of the 90 GF, to all neutral observers, the game was over. Some near us commenced to sing Good Old Collingwood Forevever but they were quickly silenced by other Pies supporters on the basis that we can still lose it from here.

I watched the GF on Saturday dreaming of a win but deep down I doubted that we would.

With a few minutes to go I was thinking about how they would lose it and what we would be complaining about as the reason for losing. We lost. He played on. He was blocked. The umpires did it. The runner did it. The nightmare continues.

All this talk of windows opening and shutting. There's only one window. It's the GF you are in.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:01 am

Piesnchess wrote:
warburton lad wrote:
Yesterday is the outcome that has finally broken my spirit. My dear friends know and understand the 'Black Dog' that stalks me every day of my life. The loss simply compounds my misery.

I agree with Leigh Matthews on the Maynard 'non-decision' and bemoan that Treloar's final kick did not carry another two foot higher and pas the pack to land in De Goey's lap for the sealer.

I will always love our Club but my mental health will not survive another disappointment like yesterday. I am shattered and taking a break from Nick's to lick my wounds.

Floret Pica Magpie faithful- our turn will come, of that I'm certain.

Onya mate, I think what we all need now is a massive Nicks group Hug, we all need a big hug, all together. We are bowed, yes, but we are not broken, our day will come again, our turn will come, of that I am certain. Smile Cool

Yep, we need to help each other get through it, with inspiring words - not inflammatory posts which make things even harder to take.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:25 am

tbaker wrote:
Hang in there...we can truly be optimistic about the next few years. This is the opening of the window, not the closing...

Windows are funny things, they can easily shatter or get jammed staying shut for a good 10yrs.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
slangman 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:50 am

It wasn’t meant to be our day.
My observation of the game was that the ball 90% of the time bounced their way. Their players never had to break stride when chasing a bouncing ball.

The ball bounced WCE way in their prelim and on Saturday.

Ultimately it’s not skill or hard work, but luck that truly determines such close games.

The ball didn’t roll on for De Goey, Mihocek was 10m in front of McGovern only for the ball to bounce back over his head straight into McGiverns who didn’t have to break stride even though he was initially beaten.

Numerous others also during the game but in reality, the ball literally didn’t bounce our way.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:24 am

Prometheus wrote:
In an attempt to offer a little perspective and some levity ....

https://iqdoodle.com/cognitive-distortions/

That's a fantastic little read.

Mind made prisons eh?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:24 am

Chances are we will be scarred from this since we lost it ourselves. I hope not but I fear it will take a year or 2 to recover.

Last edited by Lone Ranger on Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:17 am

Number 35 wrote:
@ think positive

Give it a rest pal, or find somewhere else to peddle it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 26 of 31   

Jump to: