Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Travis Cloke

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
I reckon the Cloke saga is now the only thing that could derail our Premiership hopes this season. It needs to be resolved one way or the other within the next 4 weeks or it will become a massive distraction come finals time. When we go into battle in September we must know that it's one in all in. If Travis has decided to go after more dough elsewhere then he should not play in the finals. This might cost us a Premiership. If it does then the Cloke name will be dirt forever more. To be honest Cloke has already lost me, just as Malthouse lost me after his footy show performance last year. Both of them managed to create a gap between themselves and the club. Very disappointing.

yes

and it scares the crap out of me.

Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:40 pm

He will sign with the Pies. He's just trying to get the best contract even if it means he's giving the club the s..ts. Where do you think he'll go? Freemantle. Bahahahahaha... No, he won't.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:43 pm

LeighBrownBrigade wrote:
He will sign with the Pies. He's just trying to get the best contract even if it means he's giving the club the s..ts. Where do you think he'll go? Freemantle. Bahahahahaha... No, he won't.

I think he may well end up at Carlton with Malthouse. They'll offer him a part-time job with Vizy worth $500,000 pa on top of his $600,000 player salary.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:51 pm

Hope they do, then the afl can find a way to outlaw it, fricken cheating
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:58 pm

Here's some of what eddie had to say today.

Eddie McGuire says Collingwood will poach Fremantle players should Travis Cloke move to the Dockers
By Karen Lyon AAP June 30, 2012 8:00PM

Watching on ... McGuire at the MCG on Saturday. Source: Wayne Ludbey / News Limited
Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has vowed to poach the best young AFL talent at Fremantle should the Dockers succeed in their audacious attempt to recruit Magpies' spearhead Travis Cloke to the Perth-based club.

Speaking prior to the Magpies clash with the Dockers at the MCG, McGuire said he would declare "war" on Fremantle if they grabbed Cloke at the end of the season.

He said Collingwood would look to recruit Fremantle's best 22 and 23-year-olds to Collingwood in revenge for a successful raid on Cloke.

It was revealed earlier on Saturday that the Dockers, who lured former St Kilda coach Ross Lyon to the club at the beginning of this year in a move that shocked the league, were interested in the 25-year-old power forward.

Cloke has been in protracted negotiations with Collingwood all year.

It is believed the Dockers are prepared to offer Cloke up to $5 million for a five-year deal.

Related Content
Streak: Pies comfortable over dour Freo + 12

Prior to the game, Lyon confirmed Fremantle's interest in Cloke. He labelled the forward a "special footballer, a hard working player."

"We are in the market place," Lyon declared on radio station Triple M, before saying his players would "appreciate" a player of Cloke's ability at their club.

But McGuire said the Magpies were in "fierce negotiations" with a number of players.

"We do negotiations all day, every day. We'll continue our negotiations. The Cloke one's a big one. The Fremantle Dockers are into him offering plenty of money and all that sort of stuff.

"That's fine, that's what they're there to do. They're a competitive side."

But McGuire fired back that his club would target the Dockers' young guns if Cloke did head west.

"And first port of call will be Fremantle, don't worry about that. You think I'm joking don't you? I'm not joking. I'm not joking, I promise you."

McGuire also had a minor warning for Cloke, suggesting the club would not be held to ransom by one player and would be able to replace any player that chose to leave the club.

"No one person dominates the Collingwood Football Club," he said.
Peponi 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:02 am

If he chooses to end up at Freemantle for say $1 million and forgo at playing at a club that is offering 750k and gave him a Premiership and perhaps more to come then he deserves to go to Freemantle. Yes, he's an important player in our set up. But NO ONE should be seen as irreplaceable. And the club and coach should clearly let players know where the door is if they think they are not irreplaceable. Every player should know that a string of bad performances means you're out and replaced by a player waiting in the wings. Similarly, they should let Cloke know that if he chooses to go to Freemantle or any other club, they have the club's blessings. We will replace him. There will be another Cloke waiting in the wings (or forward LOL). Yes, we want to keep Cloke, but he's no Christiano Ronaldo...
Peponi 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:05 am

He's had a good two years, but I don't believe he's in the Buddy Franklin level.
Peponi 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:13 am

Plus, the club should turn around to Cloke and his advisers and tell them they will not resign Cloke if he or his management continues to play this out in public. Play hard ball. He will not go to another club. Everyone is seeing how depressing it is to play for a club like GC or Freo. Seriously, play his bluff. I'm not saying they shouldn't give him a good contract. Far from it, but he's not a $1 million a year AFL player. 700k a year for 4 years. Take it or leave it. Or go play for Freo in front of 25,000 fans every second week, earn $1 million a year and watch the finals on the telly in Bali.
MattyD 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:39 am

think positive wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I reckon the Cloke saga is now the only thing that could derail our Premiership hopes this season. It needs to be resolved one way or the other within the next 4 weeks or it will become a massive distraction come finals time. When we go into battle in September we must know that it's one in all in. If Travis has decided to go after more dough elsewhere then he should not play in the finals. This might cost us a Premiership. If it does then the Cloke name will be dirt forever more. To be honest Cloke has already lost me, just as Malthouse lost me after his footy show performance last year. Both of them managed to create a gap between themselves and the club. Very disappointing.

yes

and it scares the crap out of me.

we can't allow anything to derail our Premiership hopes ever again.

if it wasn't this issue, the media would find another.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:17 am

This is negotiation pure and simple. The unfortunate part is that it's being played out in public and is starting to get a little nasty in it's nature. Unfortunately both parties are partly to blame for this...yes Cloke's management (i.e. his father) was vocal first but Collingwood has taken the bait and made public their feeling on the matter adding further fuel to the fire instead of remaining silent and not fanning the flames. The silly part is this is all playing into the hands of Cloke's management because all the external pressure is being applied to the Collingwood Football Club due to these ongoing public displays of emotion.

Either way I don't believe Cloke is as irreplaceable as some are making him out to be mainly due to how strong the current Collingwood side is in nearly every other position on the ground (yes even Dawes...at some point people will have to recognise he's learning a completely new role, a very difficult role and IS doing a bloody brilliant job, but that's an argument for another thread Wink). Would his loss be damaging to the side, absolutely. Would it be fatal, not even close.

Collingwood is in an amazing position of strength both on the field and off it with some great talent still to play and others trying to establish themselves in the side. If Cloke does decide to depart for greener ($$$) pastures them so be it, Collingwood will receive a high compensatory draft pick and will be primed to enter the next trade period or draft.

I'm really not that fussed if Cloke stays or goes and it's not because I'm pissed at him or his management over the ongoing contract negotiations, I just believe he's replaceable. I'm more concerned with the signings of Beams, Wellingham, and Reid (only reason I'm not worried about O'Brien and Goldsack is their Collingwood and will resign) because Beams is going to be a long term elite midfielder and they don't grow on trees, Wellingham is our midfield x-factor, and Reid is a unique talent a CHB.

Anyway it's out of my hands and as a supporter I'll just enjoy the ride Very Happy

Last edited by OEP on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Underdog 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:58 am

Trade Cloke for Pav, I am sure Pav would like to win one

Then let the Magic Man Hine have his pick of Freos list

Cloke like Taz will come back

Last edited by Underdog on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:01 am

Underdog wrote:
Trade Cloke for Pav, I am sure Pav would like to win one

Then let the Magic Man Hine, have his pick of Freos list

Cloke like Taz will come back

Underdog - look at the freakin' time, man. WTF are you and I doing still up and not sleeping? Get to bed man - I'm heading off now.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:21 am

Sleeping ? The party's just hitting top gear, here.

I tend to agree with OEP.

Que Sera, Sera.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:45 am

Eddie's carrying on like a spoilt 3 year old. Like we've never tried to poach top players Rolling Eyes
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:01 am

Why were these threads merged? Back seat moderating but I think this was not warranted.
Can we get back OT and bag the crap out of Hiss.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 27 of 31   

Jump to: