Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match - Pies wallop Roos by 76 All comments here please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Natalie.... good observation re Josh. I noticed that as well.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:25 pm

I was just thinking (don't laugh), that the boys on the weekend very much reminded me of how brisbane play at their best. Just hard at it and relentless, grinding the opposition into the ground as the game goes on. And quick movement of the ball and finding a target at will, leaving the opposition with almost no chance of gaining possession.
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:36 pm

punkologist wrote:
the whole jumper clash argument is rubbish there wasn't a problem for over 100 years, why is there a problem now?
get over it!

Im with u punk it is a joke they have played each other since 1925 with these jumpers and yet people say it a clash on TV or at the game from a long distance, it makes u wonder how they coped when they were playing in the mud watching in black and white lol. At the game or on TV i have never had any problems working out who is who these days.
If in doubt look at the shorts Rolling Eyes

http://collingwood.rules.it/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:46 pm

Clashes? There is no such thing - there used to be, but they've been bought off.

What we no longer see in these days of well kept, well drained, incredibly expensive grounds, is players so muddy that you cannot see what colour their guernseys are.

Talk about clashes. I can remember (when I was a boy I used to walk 10 miles to school barefoot, in 10ft of snow, and a howling blizzard whilst fighting off marauding wild animals with one hand and deep deep hunger with the other - but that's another story) games when it was impossible to see the slightest bit of guernsey through the mud - you couldn't tell a bummer from a poo.

Now I see fights going on about the colour of socks for crying out loud - the clashes used to be a part of the game with both sides evenly penalised, but the game has been sterilised for television.
Maggiieees4life 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:18 pm
Post subject: GO YOU MAGGGIIEEES!!!!!Reply with quote

Absolute STIRLING performance from the boys......we are really back on the winning list....

Now let's show Freo just how well a REAL team can play!!! Twisted Evil

Maggies 4 Life!!!!
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:53 pm

If the pies start as good as they have in the previous 2 weeks,then WATCH OUT Freo. I know they came back vs the lions last week,but if u had watched it,then u would have seen how POOR the lions were. They just stopped,didn't help each other in the last bit of the match. The ball just went to the dockers to easily.

I just hope the pies DO NOT follow the lions way and STOP because u know what they will all be saying if they beat us, Freo beat the 2 grand finalists of last year and I DO NOT want that!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

GO PIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
KEEP IT GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

btw,isn't it interesting that channel 9 was happy with the viewing audience of last friday nights match which had a good attendance,well heres something for the powers that be at channel 9,if u r so happy then why not continue showing the games on friday at 7.30PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. *I won;t be holding my breath*.

GO PIES!!!!!!!!!!!.

btw,who would u put in the backline to replace the great james clement?.

*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:02 pm

Mike, I dont remember you at school.
But it must have been the same one from your description.

GO PIES
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:07 pm

Same tired old arguments about the jumper clash.

"We've been watching matches between teams in identical strips for 100 years, why should we change now?"

"Teams used to play in the mud and there was NEVER a problem telling them apart."

How about this one ... "Bring back the good old days when we used to stand in the rain to watch the footy. Of course we couldn't actually SEE anything unless we were 6 foot 4 ... and even then we were struggling to see over the top of the umbrellas. But who cares. It's tradition, y'know."

Same old crap.

Just because VFL clubs spent the entire 20th century acting like complete and utter morons is no reason to keep on doing so.

Can any of you people who are defending this madness look me in the eye and say WITH A STRAIGHT FACE that it was anything other than the absolute pig of all jumper clashes the other night?

I don't give a stuff what you did in your old mickey mouse suburban VFL when it cost 5 shillings to get in and the players got 10 quid a game. That was kid stuff. Tenth rate amateurism.

Just because football was STUPID then is no reason why it has to keep on being STUPID.

I turned up to watch a game of professional elite sport the other night ... and what did I see? Two teams of grown men wearing the same friggen strip ... with just very minor differences (black stripes versus royal blue stripes ... and different coloured shorts). It really was like watching a couple of schoolboy teams that couldn't afford a spare set of jumpers.

And as usual it was Collingwood's fault. I've got NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER that if it had been our home game, the Roos would have obliged by wearing their new all blue strip.

But not Collingwood ... Oh no ... We're too pig-headed, arrogant and stupid to do anything resembling common sense. We had to wear our "traditional" jumper that we've been wearing with pride ever since ... er ... gee, how long now ... It must have been 2001 when we started wearing this particular version.

This lumbering great dinosaur of a club of ours seriously needs to get its arrogant fat arse booted all the way into the 21st century.
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:15 pm

Glad to see the victory ddn't put you off your stroke Alf.
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:22 pm

blah blah blah Alf you can't help yourself crapping on about this can you?
as soon as I saw some-one mention the color thing I new you'd be carping on again! we are all aware of YOUR thoughts on it and are sick to death of it.
your arrogance is a pain in the ass, just b'cos you think it should be changed you constanly lecture us about how it should change, how about Collingwood put it to the vote at the next AGM? and when its soundly defeated maybe, just maybe you'd STFU about it.

there was no problem with it on the TV, and the only person to have anything to say about it was tim lane and that was more of a shot at eddie than any real problem for any-one.
Josh handballed it to a roo out of panic as he took the ball out of the air in the ruck and knew he'd get pinged if caught.
those that think we need to change our jumper at all can go get stuffed!!!!!

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:30 pm

Settle MM. If Alf wasn't his usual pessimistically aggressive self there would be something terribly wrong and this board would lose one of the great characters of its time.

2 PIES IN CAIRNS wrote:
Mike, I dont remember you at school.
But it must have been the same one from your description.

GO PIES

I don't remember you either... but then I don't think I actually ever made the entire distance to school. If it wasn't the weather, the wild animals or the hunger, it was the ravines and impenetrable jungle.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:31 pm

I didn't have any problems distinguishing which team was which on Saturday night......we were the ones winning! Not once did I notice a clash of any sorts on the ground, and yes, I wear glasses and didn't have a problem when wearing them and even when I took them off I didn't have a problem.

We were in Black and White with white shorts, they were in blue and white with BLUE shorts. And yes, I remember the good old days of standing in the rain watching both teams play covered in mud, they are called memories and as much as I love going to the footy now, I loved it then too. I still didn't have any problems picking out MY team then.

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:53 pm

Settle?? constant bleeting and I should settle?

"great characters" your opinion.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:07 pm

Great Characters? Hmmnn...........

I suppose some idiots do make great characters.............

I totally agree with you Mike. Changing the game just for the sake of change sucks. I had NO problems with the jumpers or players at all.
LEAVE THE COLLINGWOOD JUMPER ALONE!!

Esto Collingwood Perpetua!

Lazza
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:08 pm

WHO'S THE BEST VICTORIAN SIDE???????? COLLINGWOOOD!!! COLLINGWOOD!!! GO THE PIES
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: