Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

David Hookes - Assualt or Manslaughter?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

And by the way the low life has no rights he forfeited his rights when the family had to take there dad/husband of life support GET THE PICTURE!!
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:36 pm

Sultan of spin wrote:
Well the judge that granted him bail this time did it on the condition he does not enter a licence premisesn If this had of been done last time we would not be having this argument now, And I couldn't care less what you say because that is a fact whether you like it or not.

20/20 hindsight makes everyone a genius. You misunderstand my point. A judge can rule on evidence presented to him in court, not on something that happens 2 weeks later!

piedys wrote:
London Dave wrote:
Now, i reckon there might be a film in a legal system like this, I'll just give Tom Cruise a call!

LD, firstly as a mod, don't be so friggin' flippant about this issue. SOS checked his information to my satisfaction to say the least, and certainly summerised very well what many of us are now piecing together. I can't speak for anyone else, but put me on record as backing his statement 100%. Bowling Shane.

Dyso

Firstly, my being a mod has absolutely zero to do with how and what I post. I'm subject to the same rules and reg's as anyone else. Just because 'I'm a mod' means diddly squat. I don't consider my movie example as flippant, simply an illustration to how far away in cloud cuckoo land SOS's future vision judiciary is. If that is flippant, I'll take it any day over SOS's 'facts'.

SOS checked his info to your satisfaction...good for you, IMHO the legal system he seemed to be advocating required judges to be able to see into the future! All a judge can do is rule on the evidence as presented to him/her, in line with the law. You don't agree with the law, call your MP to change it, the judge interprets and rules on it. If a politician devises an ambiguity in the law, that the judges fault? The police, I assume, didn't oppose bail in the original case. You gonna bag them?

As for losing his crowd controllers licence, he couldn't, as the Private Agents Act 1966 states that a crowd controller's licence can be suspended or cancelled if the holder has been convicted of an offence.

I say this nice and simple, so y'all understand.
I have absolutley no sympathy what so ever with the person or persons responsible for any crime. Do the crime, do the time. What I do have a problem with is emotive dribble advocating a lynch mob mentality. If you have a problem with the law, get your local MP to change it. If you'd like to change the presumption of innocence, be my guest. Get a question on it put in a referendum.

Joffa, I haven't read one poster 'stick up for this guy'. If anyone can find an example of it, I'll stand corrected. A few people have stuck up for due legal process over a kind of lynch mob mentality, but if you call that 'sticking up for the guy, you are misrepresenting what people are actually saying, IMHO.
Sultan of spin Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:04 am

Wombat the previous charge is exactly the same as the current one assualt, so the same conditions could have been enforced.

Also there are more reports starting to arise about other bashings by bouncers at the same hotel, I don't know If this same clown was involved in that but it sounds very similar 3 bouncers attacking a bloke outside the hotel and beating the suitcase out of him.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:26 am

Reading between the lines there seems to be some views regarding the unfairness of our laws. I think this is a misinterpretation. People are merely suggesting that common sense (to them) should prevail. However, what needs to be understood is that simple logic (common sense) doesn't necessarily work in our courts. Bear with my while I illustrate my point:

Let's pretend that Hooskie did die of heart failure. Logic would suggest that heart failure probably wouldn't have occured if he hadn't been knocked unconscious. However, try to prove that heart failure COULDN'T have occured if the incident didn't happen and you'll be laughed out of court. If you can't prove it couldn't have happened, then you can't prove it wouldn't have happened. Logic may say that it wouldn't have happened but the link needs to be made. The FACT needs to be PROVEN that the punch caused the heart failure, therefore caused the death. That people, is why the coronary report will have a big impact. The cause of death will have a big say in the sentence.

London Dave wrote:
If you have a problem with the law, get your local MP to change it.

LD, let's be serious now. Going to the local MP to get the law changed would require 1000's of signatures and a full on campaign. I understand the point you were trying to make and agree with it but let's not for a moment delude ourselves into thinking they'll even consider changing a law without widespread support across Ausralia.

Apologies for the long post.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:38 am

The Law is protecting the wrong people that is the problem.

Lets hope none of you are his next victim.

jlc

punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:06 am

couldn't agree with you more joffa.

He is scum and should be dealt with to the full extent of the law.

I think it was Murder, It was a premeditated attack, the intent was to cause injury.

If it was an accident caused by his actions with no intent to harm then it would be manslaughter.
dilly5 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:14 am

Let's just see what happens- none of us were there and none of us know what happened. I'm sure everyone here has either been a part of, or witnessed a brawl invlovling bouncers, so we should all know that they are very rarely black and white, and there is almost never a completely innocent party.

It certainly doesn't work in the bouncer's favour that the incident occured a good 60 metres away from the pub (one would assume that he had no business once they were that far away), and I also agree that too many bouncers go too far physically.

But let's not let a tragic story get in the way of the truth- the fact is we don't KNOW what happened, and as tragic as the outcome is, let's not make a blameless saint of David Hookes just because of the unforeseen ending to the situation until we know the facts. It seems everybody has had a chance to tell their version of the story (a large amount of whom weren't even there) except the bouncers involved.

Let's just see...
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:28 am

punkologist wrote:
couldn't agree with you more joffa.

He is scum and should be dealt with to the full extent of the law.

I think it was Murder, It was a premeditated attack, the intent was to cause injury.

If it was an accident caused by his actions with no intent to harm then it would be manslaughter.

Thank you thank you

Just remember you do gooders with the holier than thou bloody attitude

This baboon and his baboonal tribe left the hotel to follow hooksy 70 -80 meters down a side street to cause injury the intent was to cause injury why else would they follow hooksy like a pack of dogs down a side street.

If the dogs didnt hunt down hooksy in the middle of the night down this side street he would be alive today...now thats gotta be murder dont give me any of this other bullshit,, dont go telling us it was a heart atack, dont mention it was hooksy falling onto the ground and knocking his head..dont mention to us what is unaustralin and what isnt...the baboons age has nothing to do with anything at all.

The bottom line is he was killed from a punch to the head by a coward who really doesnt understand the australian way and has no respect for our sporting heros and has no understanding of our culture.

So keep rushing to your legal dictionarys keep standing on your bullshit moral platform but let me ask one question

If it was your dad
brother
grand dad
uncle.... who ever what ever, what would you say then, what would you say with the police on your front door 5am in the morning trying to expalin the loss of your loved one at the hands of a shit head cowardly moron who for no reason attacked him and caused his death

come on what would be your answer in dealing with this no life piece of shit then?

string the bastard and all his baboon mates that were with him!!!

I tell ya it would be no loss

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:19 am

OK everyone - its getting very heated in here. Even though it is the Victoria Park Tavern, and we are a little more relaxed in there application, the Rules still apply.

To remind you:
Quote:
Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. You are encouraged to voice your opinions, but please be considerate of others and treat them as you would like to be treated - plain and simple really. Posts that are abusive, hateful or intolerant of the differences of others will be removed or edited and the posters maybe warned.

Say what you think (within the confines of the law), but refain from attacking others because their opinion is different to yours.
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:51 am

He has been charged with manslaughter.

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,8460365%255E421,00.html

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
Special Delivery 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:00 pm

Joffa,

Your spiel, quite frankly, is utter, utter shit.

'Do gooders? Holy than thou?'

It is THAT sort of emotion where you blurt out RETRIBUTION!...SHAME! (didn't mean to capitalise to emphasise a point...) in which there is no prior analysis and thought, that was symptomatic of the bouncer's actions. An eye for an eye?

Let anarchy rule then. I would have thought that of all people in this forum, you would have been more than aware that 21 year oldS can make terrible mistakes. They are in their first year of adulthood.

Make no mistake Joffa, he'll do time-hard time. And so he should.

But capital/corporal punishment for him and his cronies has been proven in every legal system NOT (sorry again) to be a deterrent against further crimes being committed.

Smell the coffee.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:13 pm

That guy is a waste of space. If he wasnt up to it then he shouldnt have been a bouncer in the first place. I mean the guy is adult enough to have sex, vote and drive but he is too THICK to know the difference between right and wrong ??

Well that mistake cost someone their life. If it was a "mistake" he would have helped the person not leave them for dead and walk off.
Oh hold on the guy is only 21 so he isnt mature enough to grasp that concept.

jlc

Special Delivery 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:43 pm

Don't paraphrase someone JLC just to prop up an argument.

There is no statement here by me which says he had no grasp of what he was doing. He knew full well what he was doing. What he didn't grasp though, clearly, was the ramifications of his actions.

Him walking away with a tap from his mates on the arse is an even further poor indictment on what type of character he is.

I think you are older than 21, have you grown, matured and learnt things after this time?

I assume so. This guy has a mountain of growing up to do, as does his pathetic friends. And his family, for that matter, should not sit there and say how lovely their son is.

They should have the balls to face anyone and say my son is a sorry little man indeed. We have failed him, and we will do everything we can to turn him around and again one day be a productive part of society.

That's not hard. And for all those salivating at the thought of punishment, don't worry he will be, and so he should.

But you don't have to be Einstein to know we live in a society that simply has to absorb this kind of horrendous action and instead of meting out a punishment from the 13th century, find away that can be beneficial to everyone concerned after the punishment has been duly carried out.

Last edited by Special Delivery on Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:46 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2448107.stm
http://www.cleansafeworldwide.org/doc.asp?doc=770&cat=33

Quote:
Employing zero-tolerance policing, Police Chief Bill Bratton and Mayor Rudy Giuliani provided the magic touch that brought crime figures dipping. For instance, the homicide figure, which touched 2,245 in 1990, dropped to 1,561 in 1994, the first year of Giuliani's reign. In his last year in office, 2001, the number of homicides came down to 642, a fall of 67 per cent over eight years

Extracted from http://www.frontlineonnet.com/fl1925/stories/20021220005910500.htm

IMO the accused had 70 metres to think about what he was doing and what he was seeking. Walk 10 metres, think, another 10, think - hardly a mistake or a misjudgement of the situation that happened in front of him.

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:48 pm

There are better things that taxpayers money can be spent on then propping up this guy in jail.

jlc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: