Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Just curious as to why the St. Blunda hatred as im loving it

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tommo 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

tomoleary wrote:

It felt pretty good walking down Acland, around the Esplinade and then up Fitzroy street in my premiers t-shirt on the Monday after the GF replay.

I wonder if it was you Tom that I bumped into at the service station! I ran into a bunch of Collingwood supporters GF Replay night in St Kilda. I was wearing my Collingwood jumper proudly around the suburb that night, and the few nights afterwards. I was there for a few days partying Wink

Ran into a bunch of 4-5 Collingwood supporters who had just come from AAMI park, proudly wearing there new premiers t-shirts!

tomoleary Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:26 am

tommo wrote:

I wonder if it was you Tom that I bumped into at the service station! I ran into a bunch of Collingwood supporters GF Replay night in St Kilda. I was wearing my Collingwood jumper proudly around the suburb that night, and the few nights afterwards. I was there for a few days partying Wink

Ran into a bunch of 4-5 Collingwood supporters who had just come from AAMI park, proudly wearing there new premiers t-shirts!

I had a massive night after the Grand Final replay but I was else where, I didn't arrive back in St.Kilda until about 8am.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:42 pm

My parents told me a funny story, at the fruit shop in Glenorchy on Grand Final day, this woman was wearing a Saints jumper, anyway mum had a cheeky comment saying something "you're game wearing that shit here." and then apparently someone heard her make the cheeky remark and some others made some anti-Saints comments.

Nothing serious, just some cheeky banter, it was pretty amusing at the time.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:35 pm

Comparing top three club hatreds is a tough gig but I think the incredible loathing I have had for St Vomit ever since being there as a kid to witness the Greening thuggery just puts them over the line as number one for me, JUST ahead of Carlscum and Essenscum.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:39 pm

jackofnoblades wrote:
Unless you are a 1000 years old and remember 66 and JG why would anyone hate such an insipid non club?

I'm not 1000 years old (close though!) and remember 66 and JG so I HATE St Vomit with a passion. Beating them in a grand final was just about the best day of my life... Twisted Evil Still celebrating Razz Laughing Suffer in your jocks you stupid and putrid St Kilda Neanderthals........ Mad
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:28 pm

tomoleary wrote:
...and yep, I live in St.Kilda. Great suburb that hasn't had much to do with the Saints since they last played at Junction oval in 1964. Suddenly when the Saints made the GF all of Acland street and Fitzroy street was decorated in black, white and red but before that I had never seen many st.kilda saints attire around.

I live just off Alma Rd.
I have a Kights Premiership poster in my front window.
It'll stay there till some Aints fan learns how to throw a brick straight!
Going by the G-F replay it maybe there for a while!
VictoryPark 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:46 pm

tomoleary wrote:
Seems that while I've been away watching Hetfield and co. blow away Rod Laver arena my favourite topic of conversation came up. How I've enjoyed reading this!

1. Tip rat. Even if he didn't get accused of rape, he's a dirty little, nasty little man.

2. Their supporters seemed so nice when they were crap! Their supporters are THE worst! THE WORST! At some of the games against them in the past few years I've encountered some real nasty, negative pieces of work. You should've seen Eric Bana at half time in the dunnies, during the GF replay having a rant at the pies fans in their (and we didn't start it).

3. Ross Lyon. Just never liked him. Sorry, he's a smug so and so.

4. Go to saintsational.com all they seem to talk about is negative stuff about us. It can be annoying and awesome at the same time. (what a hypocrite I am lol!)

I don't really have anything against most Saint's players especially Lenny Hayes, Leigh Montagna (I know he was accused, but he seems alright - he's no tip rat.), Nick Dal Santo (apparently Pendlebury's mate), Brendan Goddard and like some said earlier Robert Harvey: a true legend of our great sport.

Glad to have given u something to chew the fat on mate..... Laughing

regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:40 am

What you should remember is that, if not for the amazing Richard Cole (pick 13 1991), Dal Santo would be a Collingwood player. I guess that Luke Ball is our compensation for the stuffup of that draft.

I have often thought that there was a cold war between St Kilda with it's high profile trades and high draft picks, and Collingwood with its rookie list picks and rejects - sort of like "Bring it On", only without girls.

And guess what? The rejects won!
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:25 am

I write my match-previews each and every week and I post them on opposition forums so they can have a read.

Every week, they are well received. I often get emails thanking me for my unbiased thoughts.

Except when it comes to 1 team. You guessed it....St.Kilda.

I cop abuse, i am accused of been terribly biased...I am accused of not knowing anything about St.Kilda (even though my family are saints fans and i go to at least 8 saints games a year and watch every one of their games).

A few are quite good and are rational. But as a collective group (which is what Collingwood fans are judged as)...they are horrible and have the blinkers on.

Earlier this year I was laughed at for thinking Collingowod could beat the Saints in Round 3. Our loss was used as proof that I knew nothing about football. Beating them was sweet.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:30 am

Nice to hear Dave, they were so cocky last year after the QF, I live near St Blunda so it was very enjoyable sticking it up them with a two in one popsicle stick!

www.facebook/the hybernators
tomoleary Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:26 pm

Just thinking... After posting some pretty nasty things about the Saints earlier I've got to say I've got a couple of mates who support St.K who are really great blokes. Every team has good and bad supporters, even us.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:44 pm

When i worked at Moorabin in the 80's I asked an old Saints fan why he hated Collingwood so much?

He said that when the Stains won their first and only flag, Collingwood Barrackers reckoned they were robbed. (True).
"They've won 13 (then) and they begrudge us even One.
Bahhh, bugger'em!"
"John Greening? He hit Odea. It was a square-up!"
You can't reason with people like that!

Btw, i don't mind Aints fans much either (away from a game).
It was a long time before i saw my first premiership.
Most of my aints friends still live with that anguish.

Last edited by 3.14159 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:03 pm

Carlton
Melbourne
Richmond
St.Kilda
Hawthorn
Brisbane
Adelaide
West Coast
North Melbourne
Geelong
Essendon
Footscray
Fremantle
Port Adelaide
Sydney

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:23 pm

tomoleary wrote:
Just thinking... After posting some pretty nasty things about the Saints earlier I've got to say I've got a couple of mates who support St.K who are really great blokes. Every team has good and bad supporters, even us.

I know a couple of good Saints supporters as well, shame the rest of them make it hard for them, but you are correct in what you have said.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:57 am

We all have friends who support other clubs. My Saint supporter friends are feral when they win and sook when they lose. They do not like it when I point out their number one ticket holder is a queen nor do they like me pointing out that they killed a star in Greening. I can now say I have seen two my team win two flags and that is something they will never see. Looking forward to Christmas holidays on the coast with them, I have four slabs of Premiership Lager to drink with them. Very Happy

Do I hate St Kilda?, not as much as I do Carlton. In saying that as we beat them in a Grand Final I get stuck into them more now. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: