Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Our Best 22 + the Dirty Dozen = Flag!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

collingwoodjoe wrote:
In fact it is easier to list the players who WONT have much of a chance to play AFL this year;

Oxley, Richmond, Ramsay, Yagmoor and Hartley

are the ONLY guys on the list who I would be SURPRISED to see play at ALF level in 2013, and even then only because we have so many KPD typed in front of Hartley, who COULD play, if his from warranted promotion mid year or whatever.

not too many skinny kids at the Pies in 2013.

going off preseason training reports you maybe in for a surprise.

Sir Alan of Didak Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:17 am

The performances of Goldsack/Cloke/Lynch will ultimately decide whether we go all the way in 2013. My mail is that the knock-about “Beaks” (Cloke, Goldsack, Toovey and the now delisted Wood) didn’t particularly like the intellectual, son of a librarian Chris Dawes…nor did he particularly like them. With Dawesy and Cam Wood (not in best 22, bit of a distraction) now gone and the arrival of the Q-Stick, I think that Cloke and Goldsack will be much more likely to thrive, than stagnate. With Lynch being more of a natural “hit-up” target, this will suit Goldy/Clokey who prefer to remain closer to home, planting themselves dangerously in the forward 30. Problem with Dawes was, he didn’t have the aerobic capacity of Lynch (or Leigh Brown before him) and simply couldn’t play that difficult and specific role as required. Essentially, the more mobile and defensive-minded Goldsack had taken over his old position. Once Lynch was recruited, I think this was explained to Dawes by Bucks in the off-season and was one of the reasons he left, obviously along with financial ones. You’ll find at Melbourne, he will be a key position forward only. At Collingwood - in 2013 - he would have started "outside" the 22. Anyway, good chemistry in any forward line is critical. Our three boys will be working on leading patterns and positioning all through this pre-season and I for one, can’t wait to see them in action together. We must not forget Macaffer and Fasolo in all of this, as their role slightly changes when one of the big boys (including Jolly) is off the ground. We must be able to match the output that a side like Hawthorn (one of the Big 4, along with West Coast, Sydney and us) gets from their forwards: Franklin/Roughead/Gunston v Cloke/Lynch/Goldsack
Bruest/Puopolo/Lewis/Hale/Rioli v Fasolo/Sidebottom/Macaffer/Jolly/Krakouer. Going to be a real game of chess in 2013…

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:20 am

themonk wrote:
I have a feeling many will disagree but I wouldn't have Maxwell in our best 22.

He has been important in terms of leadership & experience to our backline but his skills are ordinary and I hope someone will take the next step this year and push him out, possibly Keefe.

Important?! That's an understatement if I have ever read one. If we could clone him and have him as a permanent fixture I'd do it. He's not there for his skill set. Anyway, this debate has been done to death, he's still Captain and for good reason.

Completely agree re Keeffe, if he keeps developing the way he has, he's on track to replace Brown as a starting FB by seasons end. Brown doesn't have tricks, with little or no laternal movement and doesn't set up enough play for a KPP.
Keeffe has got where he is in a little over 5 years with little or no AFL background. Has good speed and backs himself to run-off an opponent. At 204cm he doesn't need to jump that high to have an edge on most FF. Still, doesn't look like he'll be back until mid year in any event so it's Brown's spot to lose. If Brown proves me wrong this year all well and good but I reckon he's the weaker link in the chain down back, not Maxy.

The Average Tourist 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:01 pm

First post for 2013

From what has been said by the club positions are open. We probably have only 10 Locks for round 1 being Shaw, Maxy, Tooves, Reid, Swanny, Sidey, Cloke,Jolly, Pendles and Beams. Add Ball & Thomas when available

Harry sits somewhere in between the locks and fighting for a spot (a bit like Blairy but at least he is a medium tall)

Fighting for their spots I believe are Brown, Fasolo, Goldsack (when available) Krakour, Blair (but might be a lock) Dids, The Caff, Johno and Marty. plus Lynch, Young & Russell

The kids who carry the key to 2013 Keefe (when available) Seedsman, Paine, Williams, Witts, the forgotten Hartley, J Thomas, Elliot and Sinclair

Then we have Grundy Kennedy , Broomhead, Gault and Hudo etc etc.

On Paper we could kill it but I think 2013 success rests with Fasolo, Paine. Seedsman, Keefe, Witts and hopefuly ETC to grab the competition by the neck and scare the other clubs if we do not have the step up by the outside players then we might be lucky to hold our 2012 spot even without injury

(Not sure who ETC is but it might be Hudo, Gault, Oxley Frost or someone else to do a J Blair 2010)

Sure we need our lock players to perform except from Sidey and Daisy I am not sure there is a huge upside from what they have been delivering over the past two years (excepting injuries)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: