Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Crows - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit harsh on Bucks Defender.

Going to be very hard to win this match with Sidebottom now joining Greenwood on the sidelines.

Because Greenwood is new to the club and still finding his feet with form and fitness I think we've all underplayed his loss to the side.

We're essentially missing now two players who each finished 2nd in there respective clubs b&f last year.

We played tough and desperate football against Brisbane but another hard body in Greenwood would have only made us more formidable physically.

It's going to take something pretty special to beat a near full strength Adelaide side.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:36 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Bit harsh on Bucks Defender.

Going to be very hard to win this match with Sidebottom now joining Greenwood on the sidelines.

Because Greenwood is new to the club and still finding his feet with form and fitness I think we've all underplayed his loss to the side.

We're essentially missing now two players who each finished 2nd in there respective clubs b&f last year.

We played tough and desperate football against Brisbane but another hard body in Greenwood would have only made us more formidable physically.

It's going to take something pretty special to beat a near full strength Adelaide side.

But then again, Walsh has had 5 months or so to instill his game plan at the Crows, Bucks has had over 3 years, I can deal with a competitive loss but not a flogging.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:48 pm

No coincidence that when we lost Steele last year to a 3 game suspension (after flogging St Kilda by 80+ points), we then struggled vs Melbourne, lost the unlosable vs the Bulldogs, got spanked by Hawthorn...then comfortably beat Carlton upon Steele's return. Losing Steele for 2 months is a ridiculously HUGE loss.

Buckley's teams can't take a trick.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:04 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
No coincidence that when we lost Steele last year to a 3 game suspension (after flogging St Kilda by 80+ points), we then struggled vs Melbourne, lost the unlosable vs the Bulldogs, got spanked by Hawthorn...then comfortably beat Carlton upon Steele's return. Losing Steele for 2 months is a ridiculously HUGE loss.

Buckley's teams can't take a trick.

Losing to the Dogs was a surprise, but being flogged by Hawthorn was expected.

So we won one very winnable game, lost another, and lost an unwiinnable game.

Relax.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:00 am

magirl wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
So Australia Plus is the new Australia Network is it? That must have been announced very quietly so that Tony, Christopher and Malcolm don't know about it.

Can you tell us how it is different to the AN? Does it have a noticably cheaper feel? After all, AN was scrapped to save money I thought. And does it still provide up to 5 games a weekend?

Australia Plus started up as soon as AN went of air. It no longer has locally (in our case SE Asian) produced news, but televises ABC news and ABC News 24 instead. There is less content such as old Australian series such as Neighbours or Packed to the Rafters, which was no loss. They still have programs to learn English, which is great and some children shows.

Not sure on the footy, as we have now left and returned to Australia after 3 years in Malaysia. But I my husband was telling me that they are still carrying the games they used to televise on AN.

All in all I prefer the new format of Australia Plus as there is more Australian News. When AN went off air we were told that Australia Plus would fill in, but that there would be a new channel eventually (Possibly by Fox)

I hope this has answered some of your questions

Thanks for taking the time Magirl. Excellent news for Aussie expats who love AFL and those of us who'll be travelling in Asia.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:42 am

As much as I'd like to see Witts or Gault get a game, I think it would be a mistake to mess with the structure which won us the game on the weekend. We need run and carry, so I'd be looking at bringing in Broomhead and Kennedy, with one of Oxley or Ramsay to miss. I reckon Freeman is an outside chance too.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:53 am

^^^ I still think it would be good for the team to play a second KPF to help Cloke.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:27 am

RudeBoy wrote:
As much as I'd like to see Witts or Gault get a game, I think it would be a mistake to mess with the structure which won us the game on the weekend. We need run and carry, so I'd be looking at bringing in Broomhead and Kennedy, with one of Oxley or Ramsay to miss. I reckon Freeman is an outside chance too.

I'm just worried about leaving Grundy to do the work alone. Jacobs is devastating as a ruckman & Jenkins can hold his own. They are very strong & tall. My worry is that they will target Grundy to hurt him - he needs protection. Bring in the enforcer: Gault Wink At the same time Gault can assist in the fwd line & the backline.

The downside is the lack of pace: Etihad is a fast high scoring ground & we need primarily to stop their clearances & apply relentless pressure.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:28 am

RudeBoy wrote:

Agreed - keep this team together for as long as possible.

Dwyer is also in the mix as a similar type to Sidey and he had a good game in the 2's from accounts however other young guys might be preferred with Broomy possibly our best from the magoos.

Out: Sidey, Ramsay
In: Broomhead, Kennedy

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:00 pm

I see the midfield battle as the key again this week

Douglas dominated for them this week, and given the job Taylor did on Beams (who is a better player), I think he can also do a shutdown job on Douglas. Physically TA is both bigger and taller.

I think Danger is a brute and will be matched by a taller and bigger brute in Crisp who can also run all day.

That leaves Pendles and Swan for Sloane who most people would argue is there only other A grade mid.

As for the Ruck, they play just one Ruck in Jacobs and pinch hit with Jenkins.
Similar to us with Grundy and White (who is about the same size as Jenkins) - so unless Grundy is fatigued I would not bring in another tall.

Contested possession will be where this is won or lost, as it will be the only way to stop supply to Walker.

So I say beef up the options around the stoppage, and if fit I would give Freeman a crack, who has size, speed and endurance.
If not fit then I would bring in BK, but have concerns about his engine but he can play as a crumbing FWD, which would then allow Elliot to run through the middle.
Broomy would have been my choice for inclusion but unlike BK he is not proven at stoppages.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:41 pm

Pretty sure Dwyer got injured in the VFL match. I could be wrong, but I was sure I saw news footage of him with ice around his ankle on the news (I wasn't paying attention though).
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:07 pm

Joel wrote:
Pretty sure Dwyer got injured in the VFL match. I could be wrong, but I was sure I saw news footage of him with ice around his ankle on the news (I wasn't paying attention though).

Shame if true. I would have liked to have seen Dwyer as the sub. He can often provide a lot of run over a couple of qtrs before fading out at bit. If he is injured I'd like to see de goey with the vest again and get more game time into him.

To actually replace sidey, Kennedy or broomy is the logical pick I would have thought.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:00 pm

We must physically impose ourselves on the Crows this week, as we did against the Bears. Our tackling machines in Blair, Adams, Goldy, Crisp, Williams and De Goey, must smash the Adelaide players to the ground with force and venom. If we do that we will prevail.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:10 pm

NOT AT that mad and insane shithole in Adelaide, the ferals picnic, so that helps, they are a six goal better team over there at madsville in front of their rabid morons. ! Still, gonna be tough, they plastered Norf, and the kangas aint dills, good side, I just hope we can be very, very competitive, and give it to them in spades. We do have an excellent record against them, here or over there, so it could be very close too. Just hope for the best, and keep that big Tex down to 3 goals and no more.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:20 pm

^ the only way to keep big Tex out of it is pressure on the ball carrier and since Adelaide have a tendency to go straight down the ground using the speed and power of their midfield we have to be competitive there. I have a feeling the closing speed and physicality of Frosty won't let us down. North were still bathing in the Bahamas on Sunday.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11   

Jump to: