Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Saints - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice cold power gloves, moon boots ... all the rage down at Pieland.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:55 pm

That's our problem. Get rid of those ice gloves. I want to see Hot Pies on Friday night! Wink
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:37 pm

I KNOW one unrefutable, absolute fact, drop this one, and Nicks will go into white hot meltdown, a tirade of abuse, it wont be pretty. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
I KNOW one unrefutable, absolute fact, drop this one, and Nicks will go into white hot meltdown, a tirade of abuse, it wont be pretty. !

Caused by you undoubtably defending the loss as developmental.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:12 pm
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

No, caused by far too high expectations from the likes of you ol son, FWIW I actually think we can win this one fairly well, though it wont be a walkover, the Saints smashed the Suns and Abblett. We will have some good wins and bad losses this season, fact, accept it and move on and enjoy the ride with a young developing team. Idea

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:38 pm

I can't understand so many of you wanting to drop Goldsack to replace him with Karnezis. At least Goldy has a red hot crack and isn't frightened of a bit of body stuff. Honestly, the thought of White and Karnezis standing side by side is enough to send me into despair.

Freeman did OK in the second half last week as did DeGoey. Dwyer was BOG in the first half but haven't we seen his best? I think we have and it's not good enough. Still, he may get the nod because there is precious little competition.

We don't need to bring in Reid, Witts or De Goey this week or Moore for that matter. Reid and Witts need more footy time whilst DeGoey and Moore need more time learning the game against good opponents. I think it would be a big mistake to rush these boys. Moore will play this year without doubt and so will Sharenberg, but we shouldn't lose track of the big picture.

Out: Sinclair
In: Dwyer

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:02 pm

Replacing Fasolo with Karnezis wont cost us anything in terms of forward pressure as it's not a strong point of either but will give us a look at someone different who may or may not take the opportunity.

Nothing to lose for mine as we strive to improve.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:42 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Replacing Fasolo with Karnezis wont cost us anything in terms of forward pressure as it's not a strong point of either but will give us a look at someone different who may or may not take the opportunity.

I agree.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:02 pm
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Gold !! Razz

If we can not beat the side tipped to finish wooden spooners by 80% of the football community, after they have had a big win interstate, it is a stain on what is now a shadow of a once proud great club.

This will officially take us back to the dark Tony Shaw days.
We have a dream fixture in 2015. It is extraordinarily generous.
And the clueless mob in charge are in no position to take advantage of it.

Varcoe has to play, he is on big money long term.
His presence is a result of the panic that set in to the club whilst most of u blokes where concerned for someone's sick dad and our coach was MIA or flying/holidaying to/in Bali looking for anyone who might have a soft spot for him, or not connected enough to have heard what a rabble we have become.

Greenwood played 1 good season in 7 and we pay him whatever he wants, for as long as he wants, without any evidence of due diligence, whilst we spend 2 months doing due diligence on Big Mitch and he hears the jungle drums from the Westpac Centre and pulls the pin.

Meanwhile Dawesy Heater Harry and even Wellers are playing reasonable footy whilst Bucks' "clean skins" are doing time for PEDs after snorting too much high quality snuff at the StKilda festival.
Wow - what a culture shift.

If we lose this (which to me looks 50/50), the Carlton Collingwood blockbuster will be a battle for 18th.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:27 pm

jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

I agree.

Me too. 2 below average outings by Fas so he should pay. And unlike some of the outlandish suggestions on here about who to drop and who should be replacing them, this one has merit whichever way you look at it. Fas needs a message and PK has showed enough in terms of scoreboard contribution in the VFL to warrant a game in my humble opinion. And a low risk change.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:42 pm

Damien wrote:
jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

I agree.

Me too. 2 below average outings by Fas so he should pay. And unlike some of the outlandish suggestions on here about who to drop and who should be replacing them, this one has merit whichever way you look at it. Fas needs a message and PK has showed enough in terms of scoreboard contribution in the VFL to warrant a game in my humble opinion. And a low risk change.

There's certainly some logic to that idea, but I don't think it addresses our needs.

Firstly, we need ruck support for Grundy and another tall forward to release pressure off Cloke and White. Both these can be addressed by bringing in Witts. He can replace Fasolo imo.

Secondly, we need some speed to cover the loss of Sinclair. I didn't see the VFL game on the weekend, but going on reports from others I'd be looking at bringing in one of Dwyer, Freeman, De Goey or (possibly even) Armstrong. I can't see there being more than those 2 changes. Then come ANZAC day i'd be looking to Moore, Reid and Freeman.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:58 pm

I'm not sure it needs to be a choice between one or the other.

Bring in Witts/Gault for Goldsack, Karnezis for Fasolo, Freeman for Sinclair, De Goey/Dwyer for Varcoe.

If we play both Witts and Grundy then one or both need to step up as forwards this season otherwise it becomes a liability real quick.

Witts as the senior member of that duo and standing at 209cm really should be at a point now where he can deliver up forward even if he can't do it consistently in the ruck yet.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:04 pm

AND the Oracle says, " RECRUIT DANGERFIELD". ASAP. !

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:18 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I'm not sure it needs to be a choice between one or the other.

Bring in Witts/Gault for Goldsack, Karnezis for Fasolo, Freeman for Sinclair, De Goey/Dwyer for Varcoe.

If we play both Witts and Grundy then one or both need to step up as forwards this season otherwise it becomes a liability real quick.

Witts as the senior member of that duo and standing at 209cm really should be at a point now where he can deliver up forward even if he can't do it consistently in the ruck yet.

I don't disagree with this or what Rude said but I doubt we'd see any more than three changes. Sounds like Wittsy is raring to go and I think we can certainly play the two ruck men and I'd like to see them changing at FF with Trav at CHF.

gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:28 pm

- play Karnesis for his first game, otherwise delist him now. If he can't get a game in our 'forward' line at the moment, then Buckley has no intention of playing him ever.

- Varcoe is a spud. He will join Jordan Russel, Clinton Young, etc in some scribes future analysis of where our recruiting went wrong.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14   

Jump to: