Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Weagles - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he's certainly been the difference in most of the VFL games this season, so he should be given the chance to do the same at senior level. In and under player, great at the contested ball, fearless and fast on the break.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:41 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Well, he's certainly been the difference in most of the VFL games this season, so he should be given the chance to do the same at senior level. In and under player, great at the contested ball, fearless and fast on the break.

I like him too. I think he's an improvement on Blair to be honest.
roar 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:07 pm

I like him, too. And I did wish for him to be given a crack when Blair went out (sans vast), but some of the tripe posted on here makes it sound as if his inclusion would have made all the difference.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:29 pm

I see if the Tigers, Dogs and Crows win we'll fall to eighth.

Tigers v Blues
Dogs v Suns
Crows v WCE

Tigers should win. Dogs will probably win and I'm not sure about the Crows. Bottom line is we need to start winning again.
bkelly123 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:46 pm

I'm tired of this thing the players are doing where three or four of them will leave their players to gang tackle someone, who manages to dispose of it to one of his four team mates that are now COMPLETLEY open...... All we need is one player making an effective tackle...
Museman 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:05 pm

roar wrote:
I like him, too. And I did wish for him to be given a crack when Blair went out (sans vast), but some of the tripe posted on here makes it sound as if his inclusion would have made all the difference.

What's the tripe posted about him bud?

He's done more than enough, and he cannot seem to crack it for a go....even when he does it's vested.....

In case you haven't been paying attention, we are not exactly invincible.....

And 1 player in a 3 point ball game CAN make all the difference.
roar 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:28 pm

Agree, Museman, one CAN make a difference but it's not a certainty. It potentially could have made things worse.

I'm all for opinions and ideas but claiming divine knowledge about a parallel universe where BK did get picked, gets really tiresome. Especially when it's coupled with a sissy fit.

Not suggesting you in the above - it's a general thing.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:38 pm

bkelly123 wrote:
I'm tired of this thing the players are doing where three or four of them will leave their players to gang tackle someone, who manages to dispose of it to one of his four team mates that are now COMPLETLEY open...... All we need is one player making an effective tackle...

Ugh! You too? That's been driving me freaking nuts. Glad someone else has finally mentioned it. They get sucked into that all the time.

Opposition player gets the ball.
First Collingwood player tackles him
Opposition player stands up in the tackle and draws a second tackler
Opposition player's team mate is now free. He receives a hand pass and takes off.
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:46 pm

out: fasolo, broomhead, adams, white

in: greenwood, Williams, karnezis, kennedy

karnezis starts as sub. when he does come in can play anywhere on the ground
bkelly123 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:56 pm

I didn't think faz deserved to be dropped based on last nights performance. I certainly don't think he was the worst aspect of our forward line....
piester 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:05 pm

Fire Up wrote:

Unfortunately Karnezis is a good VFL player, but struggles with the step up to AFL particularly with the effort and defensive skills required. I don't think it matters how well he plays in the VFL there are other players more worthy of an AFL chance.

Greenwood would need to have a cracker of a VFL game, but unfortunately his return has not been consistent in terms of games or quality.

Williams is an automatic in, Kennedy not so sure as where does he play? Whether we like it or not White will stay as no other big bodied options up forward unless Gault is selected, but not sure his VFL form warrants it.

Going to be an interesting discussion at the selection table this week. If Scharenberg has another good game in the VFL he would have to be a big chance to get his first AFL game.

bkelly123 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:09 pm

piester wrote:
Fire Up wrote:

Unfortunately Karnezis is a good VFL player, but struggles with the step up to AFL particularly with the effort and defensive skills required. I don't think it matters how well he plays in the VFL there are other players more worthy of an AFL chance.

Greenwood would need to have a cracker of a VFL game, but unfortunately his return has not been consistent in terms of games or quality.

Williams is an automatic in, Kennedy not so sure as where does he play? Whether we like it or not White will stay as no other big bodied options up forward unless Gault is selected, but not sure his VFL form warrants it.

Going to be an interesting discussion at the selection table this week. If Scharenberg has another good game in the VFL he would have to be a big chance to get his first AFL game.

I think that unlike karnezis, greenwood might be a player who plays best in the seniors, I'd certainly like to give him the call up if he's up to it injury wise
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:45 pm

bkelly123 wrote:
I didn't think faz deserved to be dropped based on last nights performance. I certainly don't think he was the worst aspect of our forward line....

Elliot be dropped before Fasolo over the last 3 Games

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:20 am

Dangles wrote:
bkelly123 wrote:

Ugh! You too? That's been driving me freaking nuts. Glad someone else has finally mentioned it. They get sucked into that all the time.

Opposition player gets the ball.
First Collingwood player tackles him
Opposition player stands up in the tackle and draws a second tackler
Opposition player's team mate is now free. He receives a hand pass and takes off.

It's been happening throughout Buckley's tenure. It's abhorrent and just plain stupid football. No brains most of this team.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:24 am

I understand the points that some have made re playing Grundy for Williams. Clearly Nathan Buckley and our selection panel are not fools, and selected Grundy because of PA's multiple talls, backing in the excellent form of our midfield in the last two games to counter PA's run. I guess in retrospect it is easy to judge a decision as right or wrong, but there were, it appears to me, two compelling reasons why we should have chosen BenKen instead:1) the weather forecast and 2) this configuration, with 5 talls, is the first time that we have ever, this year, played such a set up. Our best play this year has occurred when we played only one ruckman, and now suddenly we add 2 extra talls. Would not such an experiment, if we really want to carry it out, be much better performed in optimum conditions (dry ground) and perhaps more training practice?
The likely loss of Tay next week means that we will desperately need midfield grunt. If Greenwood plays well in the VFL this weekend, he would go in straight away for mine. Likewise, Broomhead will almost certainly miss, so BenKen goes right in. Naturally Marley goes in. Then we need to rethink our talls. I think Moore goes out, and maybe one of Witts or Grundy. Maybe, if we decide to go with only one ruckman, we would choose Grundy whose mobility is a better match for Natunui. If we don't play Witts for example, we could select Scharenberg to debut, and rotate Oxley, Williams through midfield, etc.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17   

Jump to: