Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Crows. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Right in front of me II
tbaker 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:01 pm

bally12 wrote:
OUT: Daicos, Madgen.
IN: Noble, T.Brown.

mattdally wrote:
In - Moore / JDG
Out: Madgen / Daicos

Why so keen to see Madgen out? Unless it's for team structural reasons there's no way he'd be dropped based on last week's performance.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:15 pm

Only players regarded as "in the mix" for Crows game are:
John Noble
Ben Crocker
Flynn Appleby
Tyler Brown

Noble would be the natural replacement for Josh Daicos.
Can't see any other change that would improve our team.
I have come to the conclusion that it is a good thing to keep playing Magden: we might have to play him in the finals, so keep giving him the practice he needs. I liked his kicks into the corridor in defence in the last game: I hope he can make another step forward against Adelaide.
Once again, to win this game we need midfield ascendancy. I am keen to see how we go again with the two inside mids, Wills and Adams. What you can expect from Wills is that he will have a crack, and he will throw his body into the contest. This quality made our midfield look so much better last week. Let's hope we can step up our midfield improvement again this week.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:02 am

How far away is Sier? A fit Sier would be an asset.
Im not a Madgen fan, but if playing him (and winning) gives Moore an extra week to recover then so be it.

Cant wait for the return of De Goey, Aish and Stephenson and, if push came to shove, would play Wells in the finals as a burst player off the bench- his skills are elite and he is damaging forward of centre.

dollygray 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:41 am

All comments re next weekend's clash have been noted. Nothing more to be said. So I'm jumping ahead to the finals. Could Mihocek be our answer at full forward? 4 goals last week. Wouldn't a finals forward line of Mihocek, DeGoey abd Stephenson be something to see! In the meantime, please win these last two games. No more no goals quarters. And don't take your foot off the pedal in the last.

Go my beloved Pies.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:27 am

tbaker wrote:
bally12 wrote:
OUT: Daicos, Madgen.
IN: Noble, T.Brown.

mattdally wrote:
In - Moore / JDG
Out: Madgen / Daicos

Why so keen to see Madgen out? Unless it's for team structural reasons there's no way he'd be dropped based on last week's performance.

Agree and I have similar views on Daicos. His last two games ( excluding second half against Dees out with concussion ) were probably his best games for the club. He has been played “ around “ the wing, used the ball well and got plenty of it ( 23 against GCS and 15 in half against Dees ) If Daicos can hold it down, it also frees up Sidey to do some damage forward of centre.
I understand the opposition wasn’t much but he couldn’t do much more. If he misses with concussion, so be it but I see no reason why he gets dropped otherwise.
There is more chance of Daicos finding his feet in finals than there is of Tyler Brown coming in and making an immediate impact against the best teams in the comp. I would be sticking with Madgen and Daicos until their form suggests otherwise.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:30 am

I'd much prefer Noble or Quaynor to Daicos as they provide more offensive play making.

I suspect we will play Roughead up forward again, meaning Madgen will be needed at full back. It's not my preferred set up, but it's what I expect.
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:32 am

dollygray wrote:
All comments re next weekend's clash have been noted. Nothing more to be said. So I'm jumping ahead to the finals. Could Mihocek be our answer at full forward? 4 goals last week. Wouldn't a finals forward line of Mihocek, DeGoey abd Stephenson be something to see! In the meantime, please win these last two games. No more no goals quarters. And don't take your foot off the pedal in the last.

Go my beloved Pies.

Yes, Mihocek could definitely be the answer. He’s kicked 4 goals I think 4 times this year. And remember a few weeks back when he destroyed McGovern? More of that please. Bucks mentioned in his presser after the Melb game. Having another tall in F50 (Roughy) means that Mihocek can play his natural position and not be the only tall target. Adding Stephenson will help because he cannot be ignored and will take out a decent defender. I think DeGoey will be used more through the midfield.
Going back to this week- I think Roughy will play forward/ruck again. Though Crows have some decent tall forwards so may be needed.
Man, we need Moore back
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:35 am

The question Fuzz is "do we need Moore back, or do we need Moore forward?". Cool
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:29 am

a snipet on the morning news suggests that neither Moore or Degoey will play on the weekend. that makes it tuff.
the mighty pies have their back against the wall in this one. if they can some how jag a W the system is a finals formula.

toovmeister 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:31 am

Crows have never beaten pies in a game that really counts. Ever. Home or away. Regardless of injuries etc.

2002 prelim
2008 elim in adeailde
2009 rnd 19, game at footy park basically for a top 4 spot
2009 semi

and don't forget the pummelling we gave them at the adelaide oval last year only 4 games after they played off for a flag and we didn't even make the finals

they have just over a day's less prep for this week, and wouldn't have been home until late sun night following a tough game in the west. Pies foot was off the pedal from 3/4 time last saturday. Yep we have a few out, but bring it on, this has the aroma of another famous win on the road
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:28 pm

^ Hope you're right, toovmeister!
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:39 pm

POSSIBLE INS:
Returning From Injury:
No one this week. Moore and De Goey are close, but another week off yet.

From The VFL:
Quote:
Goal Kickers: A. Gallucci 2, S. Hetherington, D. Stanford, B. Crocker

Best Players: L. Tardrew, A. Woodward, S. Hetherington, B. Crocker, F. Appleby, C. Wellings

Hmm, not many AFL listed players there.

John Noble "stood out" the week before and was very good again this past week. Some outlets have him in the bests, however the VFL website does not have him listed in the bests. I think he is a big chance to come back in for Daicos if he misses.

Tyler Brown has been emergency almost every game in the past 7 weeks. Been very good in the 2's and we have him to look forward to in the future. I almost think he's a chance to come in.

A few months ago it was encouraging having Tyson Goldsack there in the VFL. Now, it seems sad that he cant get in with all the injuries we've had. Has been ok in the VFL without starring. Dont think he'll be considered for the Crows. Crocker was named in the bests, but I dont think he'll be considered for Adelaide.

OUTS:
Daicos is the only injury concern right now. A few players looked a bit ginger towards the end of the game, but nothing in the newsroom yet. And Madgen did enough to keep his spot.

I think Nobel and T. Brown are the only likely inclusions for the trip to Adelaide. Both will probably make the flight as emergencies if there's no changes.

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:41 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
The Camrys have been hot and cold since the bye but they’ll be keen to get back in the 8 you’d think and we’ll need to play more than 2 quarters

Daicos a risk to be out with concussion but if he pulls up maybe no changes... Doesn’t sound like De Goey or Moore will be rushed back

Emergencies were Broomhead, Brown, Crocker, Noble

Roughhead provided a target and took a defender I guess but I felt he was missed in the backline more than he added value to the forward line. I would prefer to see him back next game I think

So maybe Noble in and Daicos out if he doesn’t pass the test? Otherwise no team changes

Fair summation and I agree with the proposed change. Concussion or not, I think Daicos is an omission.

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:43 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
The question Fuzz is "do we need Moore back, or do we need Moore forward?". Cool

I see what you did there... very clever. Wink

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: