Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Did we really give away Stephenson for sfa?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on Eddie. Buckley would definitely have traded Martin early because he would not have liked him or his #uc% you attitude (which is part of what makes him great). Buckley trades have nothing to do with talent speed or performance. Polarising narcissist.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:02 pm

Dont forget Marley Williams, and for pick 105
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:03 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
A 33 disposal midfielder who moves at great speed and uses the ball well over long distances?

...and kicks goals.

Why would we possibly want someone like that? Shocked

ONE goal an his povvo team get belted by over 50 points, but ok, whatever. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:33 pm

^ You could just admit that you made a mistake, that he actually played quite well and that, in that form, we could certainly have used him. You don't have to double down and insist on staying out on a very weak limb.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:59 pm

Stevo is all class, Spewing he is gone. I don't know what he did. It must have been Bad. Letting him go was astounding.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:12 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
A 33 disposal midfielder who moves at great speed and uses the ball well over long distances?
...exactly, and in a team that was beaten heavily.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:13 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Stevo is all class, Spewing he is gone. I don't know what he did. It must have been Bad. Letting him go was astounding.

Apparently he told Harves to go and get f**$ed. Yes, I think for that he should have been immediately exited. we shouldn't have even waited until the end of the year. No amount of brilliance, X factor, and potential could ever make up for committing such a heinous crime.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:31 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
3rd degree wrote:

Apparently he told Harves to go and get f**$ed. Yes, I think for that he should have been immediately exited. we shouldn't have even waited until the end of the year. No amount of brilliance, X factor, and potential could ever make up for committing such a heinous crime.
Laughing

such scally wag activity should be encouraged.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:33 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
3rd degree wrote:

Laughing

such scally wag activity should be encouraged.

No, you miss the point. We need to have the ability to deal with undesirable behaviour. When you have such prodigious talent on your hands, expulsion is not an effective behaviour management strategy.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:52 pm

Almost the entire supporter base has been wanting to say that for years (in my case, since about 1986). That can't seriously have been the reason?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:10 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ You could just admit that you made a mistake, that he actually played quite well and that, in that form, we could certainly have used him. You don't have to double down and insist on staying out on a very weak limb.

Mistake , get real, the selfish little shit did sweet bugger all for us last year, has NO discipline. LIke him or not, u dont tell a dual Brownlow medallist to get Fcuked, just cos u dont want to do gym work. Get real. Lets see how he goes against really good teams, then get back to me, oh and i do hope he enjoys the Norf "massive "home crowds of 8000 people. Only ONE team wanted him, ask yyourself why ?? Surprised

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:52 am

Time will tell whether it was a mistake, although I have always said we should have tried harder to manage any behavioural problems he may have. He is still a dumb kid and could settle and mature as he gets a bit older.

PNC - Like most people here, most clubs would have assumed that he must have some unmanageable issues for us to offload and dump such a young talented player.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:43 am

<Snip - please refrain from making defamatory statements. If this is public, please provide a link to a source and don't state anything beyond what's in the source - Thanks, Pies4shaw for BBMods>

If the fact only one club was interested in a trade for him doesn’t tell you all you need to know, then you’ve got bigger problems. Several clubs should have been trading hard for him, but didn’t.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:51 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
<Snip - please refrain from making defamatory statements. If this is public, please provide a link to a source and don't state anything beyond what's in the source - Thanks, Pies4shaw for BBMods>

If the fact only one club was interested in a trade for him doesn’t tell you all you need to know, then you’ve got bigger problems. Several clubs should have been trading hard for him, but didn’t.

Yep, my son saw him at a Pub in Portsea, recently, at the bar, with mates, said he was blowing smoke up his arse the whole time, thinks hes Gods gift to football. Razz

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:16 am

Quote:
Yep, my son saw him at a Pub in Portsea, recently, at the bar, with mates, said he was blowing smoke up his arse the whole time, thinks hes Gods gift to football. Razz
That might be the problem. Perhaps there's only room for one FIGJAM at Collingwood?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: