Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win another thriller. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

LaurieHolden wrote:
Undermanned but with 52 1%ers. Very much our DNA.
Nick Daicos, one simply runs out of superlatives to describe his will and game impact. 60 games, ridiculous.

Tough to vote again this week. I had to leave Naicos out only because he missed a few targets. Heavy toll from his new mid role this year.

Was so disappointed the entire second quarter and the half time break the team was letting Bruzzy down in his #200th. Not sure Bruzzy had the best game either but thought this was close to Sarge's best game yet. The AFL app had him subbed out injured before half time. Muppets!

I'm sure we all keep thinking they won't make it back this time, what a horrible feeling that is tossed with I can't wait til they start coming back. Those late goals in the third quarter just so important to give some more belief in the last. Then kick the first, second, third, fourth and it's just so electrifyingly intense.

But then you look back at the play and no-one really dominated. It's just team effort.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:53 pm

Oh my god,oh my god,what a win,What this team can do is just amazing.But why oh why do they have to torture us with tthese heartstopping wins all the time.My heart just can’t take much more of this.But it’s good to get the four points anyway.It will certainly help us in our battle to secure a place in the top four.A loss today would have been disastrous for us.

I didn’t read the match day thread today,but I could imagine it would have got very ugly at times,especially when we were down 54 points in the third quarter,😀
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:55 pm
Post subject: Re: "misery loves company"Reply with quote

shawthing wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:
xxxx.

So in REAL time Laurie tell us why these comments weren't wrong? So we had a last quarter for the ages? Who could have seen that coming. Get real.

Oh and by the way I hope you ping yourself for excessive quoting. Laughing

Stiff upper lip mate. Everyone knows my philosophy, it’s in my signature thing.

Said by Zed 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:00 pm

Damien wrote:
shawthing wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:
xxxx.

So in REAL time Laurie tell us why these comments weren't wrong? So we had a last quarter for the ages? Who could have seen that coming. Get real.

Thanks for highlighting this Laurie. I just had a read through the match day thread and some of it is pretty pathetic.

And Shawthing; in REAL time, yes those comments are wrong. Nothing worse than when I go to the footy and I end up sitting near some fellow Collingwood ‘supporter’ who just bags our players all day for making mistakes. We all get emotional during a game, and you pay your money so you can say what you like, but that’s not supporting our boys. Doing it in the matchday thread is the same thing, but your comments are permanent.

As for today’s umpires, I had no problem with them. I reckon we got away with a fair few today; e.g Nick D holding the ball right in front of Norths goal at a critical time in the match.

As for today’s commentators I also had no problem. It’s understandable in a game between the reigning Premier AFL powerhouse and the perennial cellar-dweller, broke club, that they are gunna barrack a bit for the underdog, especially when they were totally dominant and on the cusp of the upset of the season. I can cop that.

True that Laurie and Damien…but this is Nick’s Collingwood Board not the Mother Theresa hooray for everyone Board. The effort and application of some of our boys today was not up to standard and warranted constructive criticism.

Landers 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:02 pm

[quote="LaurieHolden"]Misery loves company. Just read through some of this drivel. I hope the players never get to read this. Trolling our own is like throwing rocks at your own windows.

Haff wrote:
$�$%^%%$ shithouse Collingwood. Spare me they’re playing their grand final. Disgraceful effort for the first 10.
Haff wrote:
Haff"]Playing $�$%^%%$ showboat bruise free football.

Haff wrote:
That is $�$%^%%$ in excusable.

Haff wrote:
**** McRae is shit. Thank **** he gets delisted.
Our VFL mids getting smashed by a barely AFL standard side.
Norf are making us look like the worst side in the comp.
Just so $�$%^%%$ bad from our rubbish mids.

Haff wrote:
This team is $�$%^%%$ disgraceful, how the **** did they kick one there?

Haff wrote:
100% the midfield. They are terrible.
McReery is no midfielder. Nowhere near is.
McRae, Sullivan are not standard and first out after the by. Who cares, play another ruckman. McRae is a liability. Sub him now.
Moore is a shadow of himself but to be honest when your midfield is so bad and the supply is constant what are you meant to do?
Cameron has been one of our best this season, taking a bath.
I would we would be 7-2-6 at the bye, I didn’t think it including losing to this shithouse club.

Haff wrote:
Lazy crap. Lazy lazy crap. Again, mids.

Haff wrote:
I’ve never turned the game off at half time. This time I didn’t make it.
HH, Sullivan and McRae are 3/4 bottom players. The other is Jaith but he’s been thrown to the wolves.
Better things to do with my time.

Haff wrote:
Ha. Well kick the last 4 and lose by 65

Haff wrote:
McRae subbed. Ok great, midfield of sidey, macreery and crisp. Sorry. That’s not beating even the worst side in the comp. Easily.

What'sinaname wrote:
It’s game over folks. North on their way to a 100 point lead win

What'sinaname wrote:
Goodbye Top 4

shawthing wrote:
It's getting worse. I know we shouldn't boo our own players but today they deserve it. No matter how undermanned we are we should NOT be thrashed by the worst team in footy.
This is how they repay Braydon Maynard?
The whole club will be in the gun this week. This is as bad a loss as I can remember.

What'sinaname wrote:
I was wrong about the glimmer of hope McCreery provided. He’s a dud

Haff wrote:
What a shocking kick from Howe. Noble shit effort.

Haff wrote:
Howe and Moore two shit kicks

Haff wrote:
Darcey Moore should be dropped. You’re the $�$%^%%$ captain. You can’t miss a simple handball like that.
Disgraceful comment.

shawthing wrote:
Said by Zed wrote:
JOSH STRAIGHT TO THEM

shawthing wrote:
Premiership has beens! Hubris has killed us going into this game.
Prove me wrong. Twisted Evil

Yeah. I'm more worried that Nick has fallen off the face of the earth. He ain't going close to a Brownlow this year!

shawthing wrote:
Now can people see what some of us having been saying for a long time. Our list is paper thin and when we start getting injuries it shows. When your VFL side is shite week in week out you know the club is in long term trouble. It could be years before we win another flag now. Especially since Tassie will be the new Suns and GWS with all the talent. Doesn't mean they'll win, just that there won't be much to fill our bare cupboard with. Right now I'd even swap our list for Carlton's or the Swans' in a heartbeat. We have no depth.

shawthing wrote:
lihei wrote:
Pressure rating throught the roof

I'd love to know what Fly said at three quarter time.
Clearly not what you were peddling.

You have a point, but so did the people you quoted at the points they did, there is absolutely no point in happy clapping!
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:03 pm

Said by Zed wrote:
warranted constructive criticism.

I'll just leave this here.

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:07 pm

What a game.

It just didn’t look like our day. After being down 86-38 at half time, in the third quarter North kept getting goals back when we would start to get a run on.

But those last two goals of the third quarter got it back to 110-79… 31 points and within striking distance.

Credit to our players for fighting back.

We were massively helped though:
- by Clarkson taking off Nick Daicos’s tag. Would have to be one of the worst coaching decisions in recent memory (how many low draft picks does he want?
- playing a team that has forgotten how to win.

But we accomplished something today that is pretty rare coming back from that far behind.

And we have earnt a good break and bye and hopefully come back with a much rested stronger side next week.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:07 pm

shawthing wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:
xxxx.

Because all players trying their best, deserve more respect. You and others post like youve never made a blue in all your collective lives. You rip into your own for trying their best because they simply don’t meet your own perfect expectations every minute of the game. That same injury ravaged team you and others love to abuse has only lost one of its last 11 games, including a great win against the Dees last week. The reigning premiers deserve so much better than the abuse and vitriol handed out in the game day thread.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:14 pm

Said by Zed wrote:
Damien wrote:
shawthing wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:
xxxx.

Thanks for highlighting this Laurie. I just had a read through the match day thread and some of it is pretty pathetic.

And Shawthing; in REAL time, yes those comments are wrong. Nothing worse than when I go to the footy and I end up sitting near some fellow Collingwood ‘supporter’ who just bags our players all day for making mistakes. We all get emotional during a game, and you pay your money so you can say what you like, but that’s not supporting our boys. Doing it in the matchday thread is the same thing, but your comments are permanent.

As for today’s umpires, I had no problem with them. I reckon we got away with a fair few today; e.g Nick D holding the ball right in front of Norths goal at a critical time in the match.

As for today’s commentators I also had no problem. It’s understandable in a game between the reigning Premier AFL powerhouse and the perennial cellar-dweller, broke club, that they are gunna barrack a bit for the underdog, especially when they were totally dominant and on the cusp of the upset of the season. I can cop that.

True that Laurie and Damien…but this is Nick’s Collingwood Board not the Mother Theresa hooray for everyone Board. The effort and application of some of our boys today was not up to standard and warranted constructive criticism.

Id like to join the Mother Theresa hooray for everyone Board. Can you send me the link?

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:14 pm

Big shout out to Bobby Hill and Schultz who were magnificent today,kicking nine goals between them,They really kept us in the game and then won it for us in the end,while others,cough,cough,like the captain,really let us down today.
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:15 pm

Just wanted to point out the correlation between our last quarter surge, Phillips being subbed out, Naicos scoring the first point of the last and Jaiden Stephenson being subbed into the game. This happened
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:16 pm

Pies2016 wrote:

Because all players trying their best, deserve more respect. You and others post like youve never made a blue in all your collective lives. You rip into your own for trying their best because they simply don’t meet your own perfect expectations every minute of the game. That same injury ravaged team you and others love to abuse has only lost one of its last 11 games, including a great win against the Dees last week. The reigning premiers deserve so much better than the abuse and vitriol handed out in the game day thread.

I have to agree with this. There are no perfect games of footy and at times our players are going to get beaten. North aren't a bad team at all and this game may be a sign post of things to come for them. I don't see much point in bagging them mid game and this result bears that out. Its not like they aren't trying to win even then.

Btw Was Stevenson always such a shit kick?

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:17 pm

The Black and White Lion wrote:
Just wanted to point out the correlation between our last quarter surge, Phillips being subbed out, Naicos scoring the first point of the last and Jaiden Stephenson being subbed into the game. This happened

Such a Howler from them. Almost like it was round 23 and they tanked

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:24 pm

Good teams win ugly and that's as ugly as it gets. Take the 4 points and have a break,
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:26 pm

Landers wrote:

You have a point, but so did the people you quoted at the points they did, there is absolutely no point in happy clapping!

Happy clapping is my new favourite term.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14   

Jump to: