Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

PIES Magnificent !! Post Match - Pies v. Crows. All comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 3:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody Brilliant is all I can say. And all you knockers, where are you now???
Yep you can right 4-5 pages analyzing how bad we are when we lose. But when we win you say well done; PATHETIC. We never left, the boys have always been there and they proved that. So how about getting behind 'em win/lose/draw and lift them and praise there efforts. Because they are out there sweating and taking the knocks NOT YOU, that my friends demands RESPECT.
GO PIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 10:49 am

here here SD. The silence will be blissful - but it won't be for a while. I sense a streak of wins coming.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
MagpieMel Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:17 am

That was a great game, I was unfortunate enough to have been seated right in the middle of a complete section of Adelaide Crows members...
All through the game they were so cocky, they have a very deluded perspective on Wayne Carey they see him as their very own Superman all he is missing is a cape and a blue lycra suit.
It was really funny watching them in the last quarter, some of them where even leaving early thinking they had it won !
The feeling after the game was unreal, it was very similar to the feeling after we beat Port in the finals last year. The circle seemed to take over the place. Not an overly big circle but a very loud one, it was great to see some of the SA based pies fans savoring every moment of it.
perth pieman 

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 12:57 pm

MagpieMel,

It would have been a great feeling to watch the smug look on the Crows fans turn to despair -- nothing better eh!

GO PIES

Natalie 

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 2:03 pm

Saturday night was why i left the swans game the week before with a smile on my face. I knew we would beat the Crows. I just knew it. I picked us to win too.

Lucky for me I was down Cape Otway at the weekend with NO TV reception and no coverage on radio. So I listened to the Carlton/Saints game for score updates. To my utter joy they then had the fourth quarter from AAMI on the radio.

I got to see the game on replay yesterday and was glued. We never gave up, never. The intensity was fantastic, the tackles (ball, ball, ball, umpy never paid it - why??).

Woey - yes, where are all the baggers now. He was just lurking in the shadows, waiting to strike for a big one. We all knew it was coming, just had to give him time (like i've said to some people, he's playing for a REAL team now).
Tazza - I have been heaping praise on Taz this year. He is fantastic. Really making his mark (no pun intended). I knew he'd kick the goal. Last year, maybe not, but this year is different. This year it is the Year of the Tarrant.
Bucks - same as always, fantastic, brilliant. How fit is the guy? We love you Bucks.
Brodie - I admit i queried his inclusion in the swans game. But gee he was great in defence. Maybe a new spot for him perhaps?
Cole - about time he got back in.

This is the game we were all waiting for. For the Pies to show their supremacy. I know we're 8th on percentage but it all begins here. We showed how great we are saturday night and the week before in the fourth quarter despite losing.

Job well done to the cheersquad too. All i heard was the Pies supporters on radio and tv cheering and chanting.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 7:15 pm

Last wek after the Sydney loss i was shattered and it was one of the worst feelings i had experienced at the footy. Well what a difference a weeik makes!!!!!!!!!!

Best game i have ever been to. I thought the Port final was impossible to top but this game did.

The atmosphere was amazing and the hatred that South Australians have for Melbourne people is just unreal. I have never seen a more feral bunch of supporters in my life. It was just so much fun dishing it out to them. I think we got lumped with the SA theatre goers......lol Made it all the more sweeter when we won.

All the players did the club proud with their efforts on the field. Chris Tarrant surely will be All Australian by the end of the year. Buckley does what Buckley does best and thats produce great footy week in and week out. Where are those people who were comparing him to Hird ??

The post match function at the Stamford was pretty amazing as well.

Thanks to everyone for making it a great trip Smile

jlc

NT - Pie 

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 9:50 pm
Post subject: Tarrant has maturedReply with quote

Tarrant has matured big time as a player. I thought he looked very relaxed when he took the kick and even afterwards. He has been our best player over the 7 rounds after bucks of course. Bucks will win the brownlow.........for sure!!
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 12:55 am

Thanks everyone for your kind praise of the cheersquad on sat night your praise has been noted and will be passed on
cheers
joffa

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 12:57 am

A mate of mine has recorded the game for me and i cant wait till i watch it. hopefully i get it tomorrow Wink

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
hscotland29 Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:32 am
Post subject: Heroes, Legends - WinnersReply with quote

The game was an absoluterip-snorter!!!!

I was lucky enough to have to sit next to an adelaide fan. Best friends at each others throats for the best part of a day. Come the final minutes we were dead silent biting nails jumping at the slightest sounds. Mac kicked thepoint i dropped soooo bad, my mate went nuts.

Then the great man kicked it, i went off my trolley i immediately phoned my buds in adelaide (I wish i could've gone...F^&%#$@ Work) but it was safe to say the cheers were long and hard inadelaide.

Mean while my mate mate stormed off in disgust.

GO WOODS em' Alive Laughing Laughing Laughing

as to the players

Buckley - A true player, he just never quits
Woey - Gained a helluva lot of respect out of me
Tazz- B@$tard almost gave me a heart attack

While my boy Scottyhad a tough one!

jtskmm Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 9:42 am

Smile Smile I was one of the lucky ones. I travelled to Adelaide on the bus.
The faces on the Adelaide people was once in a life time. They were in disbelief.

The atmosphere and the chanting of the cheersquad was unbelievable and I can't wait for the next trip to visit port adelaide.

Go_The_Mighty_Magpies Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 6:42 pm

THE PIES ARE BACK IN TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woey was great, Licca was back to Copeland form and Tazza... Wat a champ. I was also quite surprised by Brodie Holland, he played quite well
This could be the start of something fantastic...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: