Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Saints - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

axl13 wrote:
How long before brown will be on the long term injury list? Can Martin be available this week? Can it happen that quickly?

Could, but that assumes selectors would want to name Martin in the squad for Friday night. If that isn't their intention, what's the urgency?
axl13 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:14 pm

The vfl has got the bye and he's is playing brilliant footy at the moment, getting him in and see how he goes
axl13 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:14 pm

Double post
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:26 pm

Rest Swan, Rest Ball, others too maybe, to give some of these other guys a game. We need to work out who our best 22 is when finals come around.

It doesn't matter if player X is doing okay, if player Y in the reserves might be doing better if he got the chance.

Personally, I can't believe that Josh Thomas can't get a game, Sam Dwyer would be handy too.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:07 pm

axl13 wrote:
The vfl has got the bye and he's is playing brilliant footy at the moment, getting him in and see how he goes

His VFL form has always been brilliant. It did not earn him many games last year or a spot on the senior list.

Whether he can can be upgraded or not, I see very little chance of him playing this week. Blair won't be dropped after a good performance, so we don't need another small forward, and we have more preferred mids/forwards in need of a game: Adams, Thomas, Kennedy, Seedsman, Dwyer, Karnezis. I think Martin's a fair way down the list.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:20 pm

We need to start winning some clearances so Adams or Thomas must surely be in the mix.

We need Williams and Young to start giving us more rebound from half back otherwise having all of Toovey, Maxwell and 2 kp defenders who give us limited drive becomes a problem.

Then there is our forward line which could do with some more creativity around goal. Playing Fasolo up there would help for starters.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:48 pm

^^I'm with you on the drive off half back. The amazing thing is though, Maxwell is giving us more than Williams and Toovey, and even than Young at times. Though, Young did come into the game late against the Eagles when we decided we had to move the ball more quickly.

Looking for Seedsman and/or Broomhead to slot into the team at some stage. The other we're needing is Sinclair, but that won't be happening for a while now, unfortunately.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:15 pm

Without Fisher, Gilbert and Gwilt we really should smash the saints.

No excuses this week for Clokey.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:52 pm

swoop42 wrote:
We need to start winning some clearances so Adams or Thomas must surely be in the mix.

Been Saying for 2 weeks. I would Pick Adams as he been playing better then Thomas

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:52 am

After showing so much promise last year - especially later in the year I have been disappointed with Thomas this year thus far. Kennedy has also not come on as I would have hoped.

As Dave and other have suggested we need to do better with clearances... I would add Adams and possibly Thomas this week. Give Ball a rest, he continues to do a lot of grunt work but he offers very little up forward these days and his skills are really below par. Young may need more time and a week off might not be ideal but his form has been poor - so he is under the pump to lift. Probably will keep his spot because he was sub last week - but certainly under notice! Given the Saints are not that big I would suggest dropping Witts or Grundy for a rest.

Clearly Keefe comes in for Brown this week.

Out: Brown, Ball, Witts
In: Keefe, Adams, Thomas(sub)

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:13 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
axl13 wrote:

His VFL form has always been brilliant. It did not earn him many games last year or a spot on the senior list.

Whether he can can be upgraded or not, I see very little chance of him playing this week. Blair won't be dropped after a good performance, so we don't need another small forward, and we have more preferred mids/forwards in need of a game: Adams, Thomas, Kennedy, Seedsman, Dwyer, Karnezis. I think Martin's a fair way down the list.

I think generally the thinking here proves that we didn’t have great depth over the past few years, therefore a player who played 1 or 2 good games in the VFL got immediately promoted to the Seniors.
These days the stability of the senior team is as important as having greater depth to cover injuries/suspensions. Obviously changes need to occur as the season goes on but I get the distinct impression that we won’t be seeing wholesale team changes (5 or more changes). Collingwood VFL players need to be patient as much as the AFL players need to be consistent in their performances being seen as being valuable to the team as a whole.
slydog81 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:39 am

From what I saw in the magoos on the weekend I would have Adams ahead of JT atm.

Would love to see Broomhead get a run and Dwyer is also playing better than JT.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:17 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^I'm with you on the drive off half back. The amazing thing is though, Maxwell is giving us more than Williams and Toovey, and even than Young at times. Though, Young did come into the game late against the Eagles when we decided we had to move the ball more quickly.

Looking for Seedsman and/or Broomhead to slot into the team at some stage. The other we're needing is Sinclair, but that won't be happening for a while now, unfortunately.

Part of that comes from being the +1 in defense insomuch as it's easier to go for a dash if you aren't actually accountable for an opponent. Getting beaten in the clearances also impacts on a defenders freedom to provide drive.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:21 am

Dave The Man wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Been Saying for 2 weeks. I would Pick Adams as he been playing better then Thomas

No, you're biased toward Adams and you want him to play ahead of Thomas.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:30 am

slydog81 wrote:
From what I saw in the magoos on the weekend I would have Adams ahead of JT atm.

Would love to see Broomhead get a run and Dwyer is also playing better than JT.

Thomas and Adams may have had similar games against the Cats but I still think Thomas was the more creative of the 2. And Thomas has been more consistent. Adams the previous game was reportedly going at below 50% DE by foot, and according to reports lost confidence in his kicking to the point where he was opting to handball. Surely consistency of effort counts for something when selectors make their decisions.

Agree on Broomhead and was at a loss as to why Dwyer was dropped in the first place.

All that said, can't see too many changes being made beyond Brown - Keeffe unless Frost doesn't get up. I'd retain both Witts and Grundy. Adams, Thomas, Kennedy, Broomhead, Seedsman, and Dwyer would all be under consideration. Young and Fasolo should be worried.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: