Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies demolish Dees - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugly win but sometimes that's a good thing for teams to do. Remember, 11 players with under 50 games (Langdon, Witts, Grundy, Elliott, Thomas, Keeffe, Williams, Fasolo, Dwyer, Frost, Seedsman) makes this a very inexperienced team.

Add to that Maxwell, Sidebottom, White, Adams, Karnezis, Clarke, Sinclair, Brown, Lynch, Scharenberg, Freeman, and Gault didn't play at any level for the Pies this weekend and we still beat the Dees at AFL and VFL level.

Take that, next!

Last edited by jackcass on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kosh 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:09 pm
Post subject: Luke BallReply with quote

jackcass wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Unless I missed something, Ball failed to have an impact when he came on.

11 touches and 2 clearances. Not bad work for a quarter and a bit Wink.

And several crunching attacks on Melbourne players.

Have to disagree with you RudeBoy. Ball came on & stopped Melbourne cold at the stoppages. I credit the Gaffer for this decision. He knows that Melbourne play awful football and look to stealing wins late. The combination of the D's taking Jaymar off the ground & Bally, killed the game.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:19 pm

why do people bang on about melb improving. I went to the game and the way melb played could have put anyone too bed we won ugly but id take 4 points
Funkadelic 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:25 pm

Wasn't pretty but 3 goals against is very good defence, thought a lot of the young guys stood up down back was great to see. Thought the caff had a really good game also. 4 points, no injuries, next!
hermie Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Clinton Young was only good today because the dees recognized that if he has the ball they generally get it back,how does he kick it lace out to the leading backman?because he is just not that good,if he was the hawks would have kept him.Also never seen an afl footballer miss a target with a handball as much as him,seedsman is a much better option
Doc63 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:37 pm

Well, considering one side was trying to win, and the other was just trying not to get thrashed, it was a pretty good effort.

Really, if they are happy serving that crap up every week, its just a matter of time before the wall breaks, and they revert back to getting pumped each week. And their supporters seem happy with the effort. Its a very taxing game plan to play week in week out.

Anyway, I though Young was very good. Just the type of player that can be very damaging against that game plan. Seedsman too, though not as good as last week, his 10 running bounces really broke the lines on a few occasions.

Frosty & Keeffe were great down back, but really, how would you like to be a key forward with that set up?

Pendles & Swanny drifted in & out of the game at times, but I thought Caff was excellent all game. Clokey did as well as could be expected in that type of game, and I think Goldy is going to break some poor bastard in half one day.

So, 8 & 3 at the half way mark. I'll take that, especially after getting pumped in round 1. On the Dogs, we need another percentage boos this week.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:40 pm

hermie wrote:
Clinton Young was only good today because the dees recognized that if he has the ball they generally get it back,how does he kick it lace out to the leading backman?because he is just not that good,if he was the hawks would have kept him.Also never seen an afl footballer miss a target with a handball as much as him,seedsman is a much better option

Yes, 26 disposals @ 84.6% is clearly not up to AFL standard. Maybe we can swap him for Daisy.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:51 pm

Donny wrote:
Smile Also interesting that nobody has mentioned the free kick count.

Mmm. I wonder why not. Wink

Yeah, I know!!

Really, how can a side only get 5 free kicks in a game of football?

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:53 pm

Crowd was 68000 according to the scoreboard not 58k... Packed with Dees fans who don't have the passion that we do. Had we been on the end of that umpiring display the cacophony would have been boo-licious.

Frosty and Langdon. Wow. From nowhere.

Not sure what is up with Swanny.

Melbourne's one plan was do not kick to a risky proposition. Then occasionally they turned it over with some brain fade. Waste of an evening watching that tripe. It was like running in the ocean. Blah.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:56 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Melbourne's kicking efficiency might have been better than ours-not sure about that.But you're not going to win too many games kicking the ball 20 metres sideways and backwards,which is what they did all day long.

Yes, its pretty easy to boost the kicking efficiency by chipping it around the backline, for 2 or 3 minutes, before you kick it forward.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:16 pm

Doc63 wrote:
hermie wrote:

Yes, 26 disposals @ 84.6% is clearly not up to AFL standard. Maybe we can swap him for Daisy.

That efficiency really surprises me. In the first at least he seemed to get plenty of the ball but from my recollection he either kicked or hand passed to a poor option. Maybe he disposed with high efficiency but not always to a player in a good position. I think he's doing ok though and like him in the team.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:20 pm

I was walking through Fitzroy Gardens to the G about an hour before the game and I was amazed to see Mick Malthouse walking through in his Blues gear and carrying a training bag. He clearly didn't want to be seen and wanted to get where he needed to without attracting attention. I'm a pretty fast walker but I couldn't keep up with the old campaigner. Then the crossed the road, not at a crossing, through traffic and escaped out of sight by an underpass under the rail line.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:28 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Donny wrote:
Smile Also interesting that nobody has mentioned the free kick count.

Mmm. I wonder why not. Wink

Yeah, I know!!

Really, how can a side only get 5 free kicks in a game of football?

When you play keeping a off for 80% of the game then kick it straight to the opposition it's hard to get a free kick.

Also, Demons fan Mike Sheehan trying to say we were as much to blame as Melb for not taking he game on. Pahlease. Everyone we got it we tried to run and bounce and be creative.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:39 pm

Rick wrote:

Loved Brian Taylor's effort calling Salem "Toumpas" multiple times (Toumpas didn't play) and then crisitising the umpire who called Grundy "Brodie Holland".

BT is seriously an idiot who doesn't like us, and the feeling is mutual. The gaff of the day for me was when he said that Frost was playing so well he was keeping Brown out of the side. Didn't you watch The Club last week you clown? Rolling Eyes

The whole Seven commentary team today was utterly shiteful- Darcy and Ling just spit their bile about us all the time. Not to mention that on FOX the usual suspects tipped the Dees before the game (Dunstall and Lynch). Morons. Evil or Very Mad

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:45 pm

hermie wrote:

More like Hymie than Hermie with that tripe. BOG by a mile.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: