Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match: Magpies v. Demons. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Out: Cloke, Brown, Langdon, Pendlebury, Reid (all remissions for good behaviour).

In: Whoever.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:50 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Out: Cloke, Brown, Langdon, Pendlebury, Reid (all remissions for good behaviour).

In: Whoever.

Because they don't want to play?

Except pendles they are the first picks! Pendles needs to get his ribs/nonribs right before he plays again. Make Sidey captain, that could be fun

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:09 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
For the first time, I'd actually be happy to see us lose and lose well if that's what's needed for a new coach. We just can't keep pretending that somehow Buckley will develop a premiership contender.

if thats your attitude, to actually want us too lose, you may as well bugger off to some other team, a long long life magpies supporter, not once have i ever wanted us to lose or drop a game, this is beyond the pale. Ive had enough of this shit, im logging off Nicks for the week, and wont be back, fed up with this negative bile and loser attitude, three games in, and the shirkers have jumped ship already, ive had a gutful, im outa here until these rabid doomsayers back off a bit. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Confused Confused

I kind of agree with him, sooner Buckley goes the better, I'd prefer it's now but I'm guessing Ed will draw this out to the bitter end, write this year off and we're only into round 3, enough is enough.

'When' we lose next week the club we be officially in crisis.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:19 pm

Speaking to someone from the Club last night. Said Williams foot injury will def keep him out and possibly a for a while. He even lost his GPS and it was found after the game on the ground by an umpire actually. They commented that our defence is a mess at the moment and we need a general like Maxy down there. Also said we have too many players out of form and the midfield is struggling to know how to play together, but that will improve.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:25 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
We will get Smashed in the Ruck and I worry how big Score they will kick

Nothing like being positive, eh dave. Rolling Eyes Question

Bit Hard When we Played Shithouse in 1st 3 Games

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:27 pm

jackcass wrote:

Out: Grundy In: Witts - Grundy showed some improvement v Saints but our midfield needs better service. I'd play both but Melbourne don't seem to play anyone to support Gawn.

Out: Moore In: White - Moore has been very poor across 3 games and anyone who doesn't think White can offer at least as much and viable ruck support is delusional.
Saints.

I disagree with Grundy out for Witts. Witts missed 2 Games.

White is a Backman and not eve a VFL Player. We are not going that Bad

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:28 pm

perthmagpie wrote:
Speaking to someone from the Club last night. Said Williams foot injury will def keep him out and possibly a for a while. He even lost his GPS and it was found after the game on the ground by an umpire actually. They commented that our defence is a mess at the moment and we need a general like Maxy down there. Also said we have too many players out of form and the midfield is struggling to know how to play together, but that will improve.

The Backline has been Shit since Maxy Left

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:40 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Out: Maynard In: Tooves - Maynard needs to go back to the VFL and find the touch and form he was displaying at the end of 2015. Tooves was good at VFL level today and is the obvious replacement.

Out: Williams In: Smith - Hope Williams doesn't miss but if he does, Smith has to be promoted. Was sensational today in the VFL.

Out: Grundy In: Witts - Grundy showed some improvement v Saints but our midfield needs better service. I'd play both but Melbourne don't seem to play anyone to support Gawn.

Out: Moore In: White - Moore has been very poor across 3 games and anyone who doesn't think White can offer at least as much and viable ruck support is delusional.

Out: Blair In: Sidebottom - Blair played his worst game in a long long time and someone has to make way for Sidey.

Out: Goldsack In: Varcoe - Sack is pron to starting slow and building over a few weeks so likely he'll be better this week but Varcoe has to come back in. Was a choice between Goody and Goldy but I'd like to see Goody given at least 1 more.

That's 6 changes but I think justified by our performance against the Saints

I understand the sentiment, but there's a paradox here: part of the reason we're playing poorly is our lack of stability and inexperience. While we want to punish players for poor for performance you do want to balance that against building a strong and cohesive team.

I'd be shocked and disappointed if we played another debutant next week, it would be a mistake. I said the same thing last week, itn's not personnel changes that will have us playing better other than the inclusions of Sidebttom and Varcoe. The rest is tinkering and should be left till we're in a better place, this is not the time to be bringing in too many more young blokes it's just going to make things worse.

Under normal circumstances I'd agree with you but I think you need the right building blocks in place first, then stabilise the team.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:49 pm

^^That's right, but we've had a full pre-season to decide on those building blocks, you don't want to throw it away at the first hurdle. I definitely think it's too early for left field picks like Smith, especially after having debuted Goodyear last week. Just my view that individual performances is not our problem, it's all the parts working together, and that only gets better if we can keep a fairly stable group on the park.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:55 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Saints.

I disagree with Grundy out for Witts. Witts missed 2 Games.

White is a Backman and not eve a VFL Player. We are not going that Bad

Hardly surprising you'd think that Dave but I'm left wondering just how badly your favorites need to play before you'd consider dropping them.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:03 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^That's right, but we've had a full pre-season to decide on those building blocks, you don't want to throw it away at the first hurdle. I definitely think it's too early for left field picks like Smith, especially after having debuted Goodyear last week. Just my view that individual performances is not our problem, it's all the parts working together, and that only gets better if we can keep a fairly stable group on the park.

True, but that didn't allow for Varcoe doing a hammy, Sidey getting suspended, Witts splitting the webbing in his hand, Tooves having an interupted preseason, Moore's & Grundy's form being this bad, Ramsay & Williams getting hurt, DeGoey, Langdon and Crisp taking a few games to crank up, Howe injuring himself.... Club needs to react as circumstances change
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:30 pm

perthmagpie wrote:

That rings true. I looked at the replay again last night and the Dogs v Hawks today. They are not really doing anything too different to what we do, they're just doing it much better - better disposal, better speed and ground coverage. This is not surprising, because - for all the grand talk about game plans - there is so much information out there about how the top teams play that it should not be a mystery. It's just getting the drills and skills right, the belief there, and the on-field focus. So I find it hard to believe that the coach is clueless as to game plans.

Leg speed might be an issue - Leigh Matthews knows what he is talking about, one assumes - but at the moment we just look like a team of individuals not a team of blokes who know each other. This is not surprising given the level of inexperience on the park. I am not a footy expert, and I have much less information than the Collingwood coaching staff, so I just have to trust that the cohesion will come with patience and persistence. Then, every year, we should review the coach's performance. Meanwhile, I'll just keep on supporting.

For next week :

In : Cox, Toovey,Sidebottom, Varcoe

Out : Blair, Williams, Maynard, Goodyear

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:40 am

Just my thoughts on a few players:
Moore - tracking as well if not better than Boyd and Daniher. If Moore is dropped then panic really has set and we should question the sanity of the selection panel
Grundy - vast improvement over his performance in the Richmond game. Another who can't be dropped
Goodyear - played well in his first up game. Needs to be persisted with though with Sidebottom and Varcoe returning, there may not be a place for him
Maynard - toss up between he and Toovey as to who plays against Melbourne. Maybe with Williams out we can play both.
Goldsack, Blair, Macaffer - sad but no longer have the pace to keep up with modern footy. Glad that Macaffer played well in VFL, but that's his level now. If Blair is dropped he will dominate VFL as well. Maybe I'm misjudging Goldsack because he's returning from injury, but he was never quick
Langdon - returned to form against St Kilda and keeps his place
Oxley - need his marking skills in the backline
Howe - if Toovey isn't selected against Melbourne, maybe need to play Howe in the backline to strengthen our defence
Aish - keep playing between half back and half forward
De Goey - send him to a psychologist because he's not the player I watched in training
Medieval 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:16 am

You all sound as flat as I did in the Richmond pre game thread. Welcome to the party. Beers are in the esky.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:55 am

Bob Sugar wrote:
Does it matter? We need a new coach, nothing will change until we get one.

And you honestly think that instant change is going to make a real difference, do you? Not very smart thinking but that is your perfect right dude..... Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 5 of 27   

Jump to: