Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jay Rantall (40), Trent Bianco (45), Trey Ruscoe (55)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The schools obviously decided "producing" AFL players is a good marketing tool.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:10 pm

Quote:
COLLINGWOOD
Quote:

Picks: 35, 48, 62, 70 (likely to use three or four selections)

Collingwood is looking to offload its future first-round pick so it can start this year's draft earlier than No.35, but finding a taker is proving a challenge. If a player it likes starts to slip, it is one to watch on draft night with a possible trade up. Mitch Georgiades would be the perfect result and remains a sneaky chance to be still available. Prolific West Australian midfielder Riley Garcia could be a shot with its first pick despite his knee reconstruction to add some zip around the forward line, as may Ned Cahill, while the Magpies have done some work on Kaden Schreiber, who came into draft calculations late in the season with Oakleigh. Callum Park, a lightly built forward who showed impressive signs in the senior side at Norwood, is a chance, while ruckman Henry Crauford is also a possibility. The Pies added ex-Swan Darcy Cameron to their ruck ranks in the trade period but have an interest in the 22-year-old, who is a late developer after coming from a swimming background.

I really doubt we move up very far in the Draft

Yeah I could also see us picking a Forward/Ruck

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-11-25/cal-twomeys-2019-phantom-draft-top-30-your-clubs-whispers

I like the look of Park:

https://draftprospects.prod.afl/prospect/1004753

K 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:16 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
I like the look of Park:

I'm trying to find out if he has a parent named Vic.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:27 pm
Post subject: Re: Pick 35 (And the National/Rookie drafts)Reply with quote

I like this one DTM:

Presti35 wrote:
Mitch Georgiades. 191cm key forward. (WA)

Quote:
From afl.com.au;

Looma as one of the most interesting players in the draft. The key forward didn't play a game this season due to a bad quad injury, but he has fully recovered and tested very well at the NAB Draft Combine.

Quote:
https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/tag/mitch-georgiades/

Sidelined with a quad injury all year, trying to work out where the exciting but seriously raw forward will go is anyone’s guess. His work at the 2018 AFL Under-18 Championships was a treat with his high leaping and marking ability on display. He was still very raw in the sense he did not find a lot of it, but his ceiling could be great value for a club mid-draft, though a club could pounce earlier.

But I've heard that Essendon are well into him and they have two picks before us. Right before us.

K 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:42 pm

^ Like Adelaide and Sloane.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:46 pm

Kaden Schreiber does sound bit like a Hine kind of Pick.

Someone who came on late in the Year and play for the Oakleigh Chargers

Profile Here:

​​​​https://draftprospects.prod.afl/prospect/1011948

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:42 am

I think we’ll be seriously looking at this guy - Fawad Idswurth. Real Hine special. Is only 5’6” at the moment, but both parents stand over 6’5” and grew a full foot in their 19th year. He’s only started playing real footy this past season having come from a Soccer / LeCross / Rugby background. Apparently when playing Rugby, he averaged 43.7 tackles per game from a wing. His skills need a bit of work as he is not sure yet which foot is his preferred, but with some work, could be a real dual sided machine.
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:40 am

RudeBoy wrote:
The AFL has become a game for private school toffs. Its working class roots have been obliterated. It's one reason why the game doesn't thrill me like it used to...because the players (by and large) no longer reflect us, the communities who traditionally supported the game.

Such a shame. Sad

Utter garbage (no offense), but as an Old BGS boy myself, i can tell you they still have to work as hard as anyone to get to the top. yes the schools spends on coaching et.al which definitely an advantage ....but you still have to work as hard as anyone to make it to the top, and plenty of kids in privet, just as in government schools who don't have the commitment.

Look at the kids that come in from remote communities in N.T, or W.A or QLD ..they have even less then government school kids and yet they work their backsides off to get to AFL clubs.

Achilles 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:52 am

Boogie Knights wrote:
I think we’ll be seriously looking at this guy - Fawad Idswurth. Real Hine special. Is only 5’6” at the moment, but both parents stand over 6’5” and grew a full foot in their 19th year. He’s only started playing real footy this past season having come from a Soccer / LeCross / Rugby background. Apparently when playing Rugby, he averaged 43.7 tackles per game from a wing. His skills need a bit of work as he is not sure yet which foot is his preferred, but with some work, could be a real dual sided machine.

Is this a joke? Fawad Idswurth (For What It's Worth)?
K 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:37 pm
Post subject: Re: Pick 35 (And the National/Rookie drafts)Reply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
I like this one DTM:

Presti35 wrote:
Mitch Georgiades. 191cm key forward. (WA)

Sounds like he'd fit in well:

How a simple corkie led to three surgeries, nine months off

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-11-26/class-of-2019-mitch-georgiades

"He went on holiday ... the following week and noted that his corkie was progressively getting more and more stiff. When he returned to Australia and the issue was only getting worse, it was then that he decided he should get it checked out.

The results were worrying. The blood in the corkie had calcified, causing it to harden and mimic a bone structure which disrupted the bloodstream in his leg. From there, it had also bled into his quad and caused a hematoma as well.

It required three bouts of surgery, where the calcification was cut out and a coil was inserted into the vessel to plug the bleeding.

It meant the talented West Australian would spend the next nine months on the sidelines, effectively ending his final year of junior footy before it had begun."

[The "caused a hematoma" is wrong. A corkie is a hematoma.]

It sounds like he'll be gone long before our pick (unless we do pick trading):

"Port Adelaide will consider calling his name as early as pick No.18, while Richmond (pick No.19), Brisbane (pick No.21) and Geelong (pick No.24) are also monitoring the mobile forward's availability."
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:08 pm

^^^

191 cm as a key forward in the U18 comp is a very different story in the AFL.
He would either want to grow 5 more cms as a key forward in the AFL or develop a few more strings in his bow if he’s going to remain at 191 cm.
It’s always tough to get a read on a promising young player when they miss their last season as a junior. It will be interesting to see where he goes.
MagpieWhisperer35 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:41 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
The AFL has become a game for private school toffs. Its working class roots have been obliterated. It's one reason why the game doesn't thrill me like it used to...because the players (by and large) no longer reflect us, the communities who traditionally supported the game.

Such a shame. Sad

You totally nailed it, it become obvious the fans are an after thought now, its an elitist paradigm, a special club, and as George Carlin put it, you and I aint in it

It is as bland as, and yet somehow I still love the PIES!!

K 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:57 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
191 cm as a key forward in the U18 comp is a very different story in the AFL.

Yes. 191cm is what Nicksters claim is a dwarf.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:32 pm

MagpieWhisperer35 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Such a shame. Sad

You totally nailed it, it become obvious the fans are an after thought now, its an elitist paradigm, a special club, and as George Carlin put it, you and I aint in it

It is as bland as, and yet somehow I still love the PIES!!

What a load of crap. Stick to suburban footy.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:25 pm

Just Checked Jeka's AFL.com.au Highlights and they where quite Impressive. He Took Marks at Highest Points and Looks to have very good Kicking Skills/Descion Making for a Kid around 197cm's.

Also he is the Type we need to Draft. Yes he not a Short Term Prospect but he is a Medium/Long Term One. Cox is nearly 30, Cameron is 24 and Grundy is 25. So be nice to have a Prospect like him on the List. Yes he is Simmlar Build to Tohill but Jeka lot more Advanced./

His Knocks be his still Skinny and like most Tall Prospects needs to Grow into his Body and get Stronger. Also not a Huge Stats Player but that can also be Improved.

Profile:

https://draftprospects.prod.afl/prospect/1005150

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15   

Jump to: