Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mark Korda (13th President)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
I hear Trump is free..?

If there was ever the perfect example of a Hawthorn supporter...

Laughing Laughing Laughing

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:07 pm
Post subject: Re: MeReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
^

With all due respect (and they are mighty impressive enticements) I think your wife might fill the void and be better placed. After all she's a woman, of a minority background, increases the diversity and what's more she's had to put up with you all these years that she must have the patience of a Saint, the wisdom of Solomon and the generosity of spirit befitting the role of Club president.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:52 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Hiss for me all the way, the free beer, that got me, and back to the future at dear old Vic park, all the way.!

Bless all those who support me ! You will be rewarded with success.

I pledge to embark in a once in a Century buy up of players to have that Silverware back at Victoria Park where it belongs within three years.

I will follow the model used by North Melbourne in 1973-1976. Players out of contract and free agents will be offered big money to come join the Mighty Pies on our mission to have all the Premierships’A Cake Walk. A ten year plan to return Collingwood to being the Powerhouse we once were.

I would invite Mick Malthouse back as our new Board of Selectors Chairman.

Legends Members will also be rewarded with a free Collingwood bottle of Port if we can win three games in a row in any season under my reign.

And as a special treat for the common fans I will bring the He’are Peanuts guy who used to sell these around the ground at Victoria Park plus free hot jam donuts for all members if we win any home and away game. Social Club will again be the Powerhouse it once was. Membership will be exclusive and require a nomination and second endorsement.

Female Magpies members will be entitled to a free dinner night with a special treat of male dancers for them as a cabaret show.

I want to also change our mascot to Uncle Arthur who I feel represents so much of the ordinary fan I grew up with and remind me of my current relatives. A humble Pies icon.

Under my Presidency everyone will be welcome and our Club will return to being loved by all.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:17 am

Hiss wrote:
^

I reckon you really should run, no kidding, Eddie has big shoes too fiill, but if u can do even half these policies, im in your corner, bring it on ! Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:16 am

Quote:
More games played at Victoria Park with an investment in facilities there and a pledge to return to our spiritual home ground for future generations

Has the club ever looked at what it would cost to get Vic Park up to standard to host, say, the Giants or the Suns?
I'd love for my kids to be able to say that they've watched the Pies play at home and, personally, I'd love to do it once more before I die.
slangman 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:40 am

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Quote:
More games played at Victoria Park with an investment in facilities there and a pledge to return to our spiritual home ground for future generations

Has the club ever looked at what it would cost to get Vic Park up to standard to host, say, the Giants or the Suns?
I'd love for my kids to be able to say that they've watched the Pies play at home and, personally, I'd love to do it once more before I die.

There would be very little chance of that happening.
The ground is owned/run by the council and they have been notoriously difficult in approving any capital upgrades or developments that would facilitate AFL games hence why we moved away from there.

What are the chances of Yarra Council approving new stands to be built at VP??

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:46 am

If it was up to a few me would be playing there in a local comp. Then 2 years later they would be bleating that their own clubs had gone to the wall. Oh and the support to the homeless etc will have gone.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:02 am

doriswilgus wrote:
We need someone who is good looking,charming and popular.Someone who will make the club liked and respected again..Are Hugh Jackman and Chris Hemsworth doing anything at the moment?

Respected yes, liked no! Love your candidates!

Let me see, someone who knows how to say no - to Melbourne getting the gate, to propping up other clubs, to this day, that day, and every other fricken day, footy, I just want footy. Someone who demands and gets the players to behave during season, but still have them love him, so others want to come here.

Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:31 am

Nick Maxwell perhaps; he's been out and about doing leadership roles for NRL and AFL in the last few years. Regardless it should be someone NOT chosen or endorsed by the media.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:28 am

Exactly—one thing we DONT want is a media puppet planted in our club
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:54 am

I can't think of anyone but preferably someone from outside who did not play for the club. We need to look outside the box for once.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:00 am

The President has to be a died-in-the-wool Collingwood supporter.

Otherwise its like looking for the Pope outside the Catholic faith.

The CEO doesn't, but the President does.
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:08 am

Collingwood has announced Mark Korda and Peter Murphy as interim co-presidents while they search for Eddie McGuire’s successor. A decision on a more permanent appointment will be made in about eight weeks.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:29 am

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
The President has to be a died-in-the-wool Collingwood supporter.

Otherwise its like looking for the Pope outside the Catholic faith.

The CEO doesn't, but the President does.

JOHN BERTRAM , a winner, Leader, quiet achiever, businessman, and a one eyed Magpie, says hello. ! Idea Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:34 am

Anyone willing to tell the media to go **** themselves and call out their hypocrisy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 5 of 20   

Jump to: