Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Swans smash Pies. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
Dude, he's been there for a decade, the best thing for Collingwood is fresh ideas and fresh messaging

if you are 10 years in and this is what you are serving up, it's obvious what's best for the club

I've never seen a club dither on the future of the coach the way we have. We endured this crap all year in 2017, before he was renewed and now we're wasting another year distracting ourselves with it again.

The way some of our supporters think, you would think Buckley was in the calibre of Clarkson, Hardwick, Beveridge, Scott or Longmire. He's just a run of the mill average coach who happens to be a playing legend for the club.

The talk of new assistant coaches doesn't cut it for me anymore. Again we changed them up at the end of 2017, and it worked for two years before we regressed and Buckley's mates were retained at the expense of other assistant coaches who were moved on due to football department cuts amidst the fallout of COVID.

Why is the club and some supporters so afraid of changing the senior coach?

Who says they are Jezza? Rolling Eyes
Just suggesting that's but one aspect of doing an effective rebuild (and hey, that might not work either!). Folks need to keep in mind that it might not be the huge panacea they predicted it will be.

Improving the quality and depth of the playing squad is probably the most important element and that will take years of astute recruiting, good salary cap management and effective conditioning and injury management.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:26 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Who says they are Jezza? Rolling Eyes
Just suggesting that's but one aspect of doing an effective rebuild (and hey, that might not work either!). Folks need to keep in mind that it might not be the huge panacea they predicted it will be.

Improving the quality and depth of the playing squad is probably the most important element and that will take years of astute recruiting, good salary cap management and effective conditioning and injury management.

I agree, it's the sum of all parts that makes a great team with competent coaching being at the very top.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:28 pm

For those who defend Bux consider this.
We were thrashed in the midfield during the second and third quarters
We allowed the Swans to have a sweeper at half back.
It took Bux until 3 quarter time to fix these 2 glaring issues.
1. By manning up
2. Putting JDG into the midfield.
Too late.
We have the worst and I mean the worst forward line that I have seen.
We have Cox sitting in the Vfl so at least they have to have 2 defenders on him when the ball is in the air.
Grundy is no. 1 For hit outs and I think no. 17 For clearances around the stoppages.
It is so demoralizing to watch Callum Brown trying to kick over a hay bale.
Fancy having multiple misses of 15 m kicks and handballs to players very near them.
The skill level is appalling.
Henry looks a dud to me.
I look at Keane.....I reckon he could become a very good player.
But he seems like a rabbit in headlights.
Trying to please his coach by stopping within the set structures.
Bix... let him go....telling him to go for it
Let him loose for God's sake.
And for my sake I hope Bux leaves ASAP.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

To think after those 1st 3 goals, we kicked 2 for the rest of the whole game....
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

Piesnchess wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Jezza wrote:
North's about to beat Hawthorn.

North DID beat Hawthorn. Coaching is easy when you have the cattle, just ask Clarko.

Very, very good point Stui.

Good players, a good healthy list, make good Coaches, being that way for over 150 yrs. Clarko is finding that out now. I doubt if he could do any better with us at present, our kids need to mature and we really need a KPP or two. Takes time, it is what it is. Keep playing kids, and get a few guys back, theres not much more we can do, until the draft really. We wont win the flag this season, but neither will 16 other teams, thats the reality.

Thank the heavens that someone can manage to put together a more balanced, realistic assessment of where we're at!!!! Thumbs up to you Pienchess.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

Piesnchess wrote:
Good players, a good healthy list, make good Coaches, being that way for over 150 yrs. Clarko is finding that out now. I doubt if he could do any better with us at present, our kids need to mature and we really need a KPP or two. Takes time, it is what it is. Keep playing kids, and get a few guys back, theres not much more we can do, until the draft really. We wont win the flag this season, but neither will 16 other teams, thats the reality.

Clarkson's done plenty to earn respect and patience from the Hawthorn supporter base. That's why silence from the Hawks fans to have moved him on are deafening.

It's easy to "play the kids", but are they being taught and coached properly?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:31 pm

OK, I get it, most here blame Bucks. That's fair enough. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I simply think we don't have enough good players. Clarkson (who couldn't get the Hawks up over North), Hardwick, Beveridge and Ross Lyon combined, couldn't have got this team over the line.

Callum Brown is categorically a liability. His brother has some hope, but not much. Josh Thomas has done sfa since 2018. Unfortunately, Henry is but a boy playing against men. Until he develops a man's body and grows some cahunas, he should not be picked in the seniors. So basically, it was like we were playing with 3 less players than the Swans.

The only real positives to come out of the game for mine was the form of Cameron and (at last) Hoskin-Elliott. Oh, and the continued good form of youngsters Poulter and McCreery, who will each be 10 yr players for us. Also, Tom Wilson showed a bit as well.

So I'm not going to be slashing my wrists over our losses this year, as long as I can see the development of our young brigade. It's going to be a rough couple of years, but I'm confident we'll then bounce back stronger than ever.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:32 pm

Jezza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Clarkson's done plenty to earn respect and patience from the Hawthorn supporter base. That's why silence from the Hawks fans to have moved him on are deafening.

That's what keeps me up at night. The best thing for these kids' development is getting Buckley and his cronies as far away from them as possible. And as soon as possible.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:40 pm

shawthing wrote:
Jezza wrote:

That's what keeps me up at night. The best thing for these kids' development is getting Buckley and his cronies as far away from them as possible. And as soon as possible.

Exactly.
If we don't remove Bux and his mates asap they will destroy our young players as well.
I agree with the poster who commented that Keane looks like he could be a player, but not while he is strangled by Bux's suffocating and superdefensive structures.
I liked the way Tom Wilson moved and went crashing in, but I fear for his development as well while Bux is the coach.
Many are saying: "At least Bux is playing the kids". But I am very worried while Bux is the one coaching these kids.
I agree with you Jezza on another comment you made. It is just mindboggling, and extremely disappointing, that we are so reluctant to get rid of a coach who clearly cannot cut it.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:40 pm

masoncox wrote:

Let him loose for God's sake.
And for my sake I hope Bux leaves ASAP.

Yep, Keane had his best game today I reckon. Really pleasing.
Where would you like him to be set loose too? He did run forward on a number of occasions. Is that what you mean?

BTW, I think you are misunderstanding many who are trying to point out that the coaching is just ONE element of our present disastrous situation. You are incorrectly assuming that means that someone like me is wanting Bucks to stay. Not so. I don't really have any strong views as to who should be coach, because expecting that person to be the messiah who will fix everything immediately is asking too much and is unrealistic.
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:41 pm

Well put RudeBoy.
Seeing young players develop is really the only interest this year.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:42 pm

Jezza wrote:

The answer to that question will take a couple of seasons to become obvious.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:43 pm

shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Clarko is finding that out now. I doubt if he could do any better with us at present,

Then God truly help us. We are doomed then. Even if we win the wooden spoon this year we've traded away our first round draft pick. If it wasn't so serious it would be a joke.

As soccer fans say then we may as well "fold the club".

Mate, a good buddy of mine is a one eyed Saints tragic, his club has won one flag since 1874, one, by barest margin. He reckons we Pies fans r spoilt rotten, as are Tiger fans, as were Hawks. Yet, he sticks fat, with em. Some teams are down for decades, eons, just endless shitty seasons, like the Doggies when they were Footscray. One thing bout the Magpies, we have never been down for seasons on end, not like those teams have, we always come back. Sure we are in a deep hole, at present, for sure, but im sure with Graham Wright back, we are on the right path. Yes, some changes at the top, at all levels , yes, and get as many games into our kids as we can, this season, and get some injured players back, thatd help too. Our kids need to mature and we need a couple of KPP, so its going to take time. But, im confident we wont be down for too long, maybe a season or two, but our day will come again, it takes time and patience. Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:44 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
OK, I get it, most here blame Bucks. That's fair enough. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I simply think we don't have enough good players.

Exactly right and all under whose watch? I mean how many decades do you give a guy to rebuild a premiership winning list RB?

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:45 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
shawthing wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Exactly.
If we don't remove Bux and his mates asap they will destroy our young players as well.
I agree with the poster who commented that Keane looks like he could be a player, but not while he is strangled by Bux's suffocating and superdefensive structures.
I liked the way Tom Wilson moved and went crashing in, but I fear for his development as well while Bux is the coach.
Many are saying: "At least Bux is playing the kids". But I am very worried while Bux is the one coaching these kids.
I agree with you Jezza on another comment you made. It is just mindboggling, and extremely disappointing, that we are so reluctant to get rid of a coach who clearly cannot cut it.

Again pure speculation from a biased viewpoint.!! You don't KNOW this! Nor will you know whether the coach next season is developing the young ones properly. Why? Because the evidence takes TIME to be delivered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 5 of 18   

Jump to: