Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Lions. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a real crack, Brisbane are way overrated, Arrogant pack of tossers and were lucky to win. Cameron and Cox just too slow. Our forward entries let us down Kreuger and McInnes were great. So to Crisp and JDG.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:57 pm

This game was played off a 5-day turnaround with depleted playing stocks. It was a reasonable result from a team I expected to see lose at that venue to that opposition by 7 to 10 goals.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:58 pm

slangman wrote:
If we persist with Moore forward for the remainder of the year, we will win more games than if he plays in defence.

Moore, Mihocek and Krueger….that’s a forward line that you can work with!!!

Fair point, plus one big point of difference is the style of play we've implemented compared to last year.

Maybe under this new attacking style, Moore might thrive up forward. Time will tell.

Last edited by Jezza on Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:58 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
You can understand why Nathan Buckley seems a new man this year. Why would anyone want to coach this team? Although I gave him votes Jack Crisp can’t kick. Our vice captain Taylor Adams also can’t kick. Mason Cox can’t play. Callum Brown just handballs. Sidey takes any option with the ball in his hands except the obvious one. Our best player De Goey has a problem with the grog. The shining light is Nick Daicos. His older brother is having a good year too. It was obvious McRae was rolling the dice in the last quarter sending Moore down to the forward line. We never looked like beating Brisbane though. McInnes is definitely a find and needs to be persevered with. Kreuger is another who offers us something in the forward line. And Quaynor has his faults but he gives us that run off the backline. I would hate to coach this side. When McRae gets back to Melbourne Wright should call him into the office and announce a pay rise for him. Whatever he’s on the club should double it.

Well, that is not a very smart comment. Nathan Buckley had a major hand in creating the list that we have.
But oh well, let's not comment any further.
Of course he rolled the die, that is what you do when the situation is desperate yet hope still exists.
Why are you slandering JDG??
McRae and our team were very competitive against Brisbane at home, while we had 80% of our preferred forward line out.
Why should this game men that he should hate coaching our team??
Can't understand such negativity in response to this performance.

[/quote]

Well said.I think most people would take a one goal loss with the team we fielded.Most people here were sure we were going to get absolutely slaughtered by the Lions on their home ground,
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:59 pm

They are taking the absolute piss out of Cox on Fox Footy...rude pricks!!

Only we can put shite on our own. That freakin rankles me that a professional commentary team are dismantling a player in front of a nation...actually its that gorilla fat head Dunstall that took the piss more than anyone there. Im fired up!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:00 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Considering i thought pre game, a fuur goal loss, im pretty chuffed about that very competitive effort. A bottom two team, ran a top four team to only seven points, on their own pissing ground, was a terrific effort, very pleasing. Tweak the team a bit m ore, coupld of inns and outs, and we can get back on the winning list pronto. Now we have a long rest, so load up for the big Anzac day clash, and hit the Bombers real hard, we cannot go 2-4, time to hit back hard, against a team about equal too us. Yeh, im quite pleased tonight, we had a red hot go, all i ask for.

This gotta love the effort, the kids have talent and guts, that smash on JDaicos was huge, loved that they went to bat for him, and loved that Sidey went to calm him, and he also checked on Krueger after he came down to earth with a bang

It would have been bloody amazing to win, but I have a feeling the win against atop side is not far away. No one has smashed us, it’s simply been running out of legs, and getting messy.

After the last two seasons, how can any one be passed off at this performance? Was it flawless? Of course not! Yes, the skills still need some work but they have improved out of sight.

I reckon that’s cox’s last swing at it, I don’t understand the crap being thrown at Sidey, tonight I was again reminded of the fact that Pendles is super human, guts, talent, brains, he was clearly sore at the end, but he kept on leading from the front.

Behonest people how much did you think we would win by? Me? About -30!

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:01 pm

The good thing is that our worst is getting far better, and some guns are in the making. We know we're carrying half a dozen sub-par players and lack a key forward and support ruck, but our basics are better.

No quick fix, I'm afraid.

Great to see Roughy back.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:02 pm

pietillidie wrote:
The good thing is that our worst is getting far better, and some guns are in the making. We know we're carrying half a dozen sub-par players and lack a key forward and support ruck, but our basics are better.

No quick fix, I'm afraid.

Great to see Roughy back.

Agree, PTID.

There's still holes in the list that only astute list management can resolve, but the direction we're heading in is very promising.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:04 pm

3rd degree wrote:
We had a real crack, Brisbane are way overrated, Arrogant pack of tossers and were lucky to win. Cameron and Cox just too slow. Our forward entries let us down Kreuger and McInnes were great. So to Crisp and JDG.

Why do posters keep saying that Brisbane is way overrated?? Maybe it is that we are underrated instead!!
I thought this was a fantastic effort.
I know we lost, but what impressed me was how we matched them. They got breaks on us, but we were able to not only prevent them from ripping it apart, but threaten.
We had 80% of our preferred forward line out, and therefore were forced to play with a completely different tactics and set up, with a 5 day turnaround.
With such a young team, that is testament to commitment, solidarity, and belief.
As I noted during the game thread, I noted that we started to knit together the right balance between attack and defence. No longer was our D50 a vacant landscape.
I am enjoying the ride, comrades in arms.
Go Pies.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

Beat ESS on ANZAC Day & we’re back in the thick of it.

That game now becomes a must win.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

ANNODAM wrote:
^ Not on the Bellarine I hope!

Yes actually, designed and built it a couple of years ago, it’s heaven!

Last edited by think positive on Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:05 pm

Was it even mentioned once by the commentators that our forward line had 3 players with less than 10 games between them?
Considering that, we did ok. A very underdone team up against a hardened te on their home deck.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:05 pm

didick wrote:
Was it even mentioned once by the commentators that our forward line had 3 players with less than 10 games between them?
Considering that, we did ok. A very underdone team up against a hardened te on their home deck.

From the get go it was all Brisbane, they were barracking!

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:06 pm

I’m in OG 😂

But now I know you’re here, I’ll jump the ferry & scoot across to Rosey & stay at my other house for the remainder of my holidays.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:07 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
3rd degree wrote:

Why do posters keep saying that Brisbane is way overrated?? Maybe it is that we are underrated instead!!
I thought this was a fantastic effort.
I know we lost, but what impressed me was how we matched them. They got breaks on us, but we were able to not only prevent them from ripping it apart, but threaten.
We had 80% of our preferred forward line out, and therefore were forced to play with a completely different tactics and set up, with a 5 day turnaround.
With such a young team, that is testament to commitment, solidarity, and belief.
As I noted during the game thread, I noted that we started to knit together the right balance between attack and defence. No longer was our D50 a vacant landscape.
I am enjoying the ride, comrades in arms.
Go Pies.

This exactly, a few have forgotten how frickin awful last season was for us!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13   

Jump to: