Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies unplug Power. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

&"@~" umpiring!

Happy with any win!!!

Go Pies!!!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:29 pm

rambler wrote:
10 in a row, without the following

1. Monster forward
2. Monster defender
3. Bull midfielder

Teams with multiples of the above are languishing in obscurity.
Not to mention constant poor umpiring and media bullying.

Well done boys.

Geelong and Melbourne say hello.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:32 pm

If you guys can't see the Buckley's rolling zone has been married to Harwick's run and gun chaos ball to give us Fly's gameplan well, good for you.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:34 pm

rambler wrote:
Notice we NEVER EVER get a controversial decision our way?

So far this season I can only recall one howler that went our way and that was last weeks Murphy non 50 metre penalty before the winning goal.

We've had to endure multiple anti-Ginni highs, that Moore deliberate rushed behind and todays abominations to name just a few.

One that really set me off was McReary's textbook tackle on Dusty being paid high. It ruined our momentum when the game was hot.[/quote]

That wasn’t a howler. Was a correct non award. Listen to ray chamberlains explanation on the Whateley show.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:36 pm

rambler wrote:

So far this season I can only recall one howler that went our way and that was last weeks Murphy non 50 metre penalty before the winning goal.

We've had to endure multiple anti-Ginni highs, that Moore deliberate rushed behind and todays abominations to name just a few.

One that really set me off was McReary's textbook tackle on Dusty being paid high. It ruined our momentum when the game was hot.[/quote]

That wasn’t a howler. Was a correct non award. Listen to ray chamberlains explanation on the Whateley show.

DT 

Piesnchess wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Did the umpiring appear as disgraceful on the TV as it appeared at the ground? Jesus wept!

Mate, you know, and i thiink your from my vintage, i honestly believe the umpiring was far better, fairer, back in the day, of just two field umpires, or even yep, way back, of only one umpire. Like the days of Jeff Crouch, and Bill Deller, John James, the aboriginal, it was better then, and if you check out old games on Utube from that era, it shows the myth of it being a much faster game NOW, is a myth, it was nearly as fast then too check out the old Grand Finals from the 60s and 70s, 80s. There are too many umps on the field now, and the rules by the AFL honchos make it even harder for them, and the fans, these constant rule changes. Plus, thanks to the Ginnavin fiasco, Umpires definitely have a set against the Magpies now, and the Club should lodge a strongly worded protest, or complaint, enough is enough . Surprised Confused

Spot on. I’ve also watched some replays from that era and the interpretation of holding the ball was good until the mid-late 80s. I don’t normally complain about umpiring but it was awful at times today - specifically:

1. Push in the back to Moore not paid - goal to Dixon
2. Two/three holding the man frees not paid to Ginnivan and Johnson
3. Clear holding the ball not paid to IQ in the last quarter in the centre
4. Lipinski not given prior opportunity- though this one seems to be an AFL directive

The umpiring changed the momentum of the match but we did really well to overcome it.

watt price tully Scorpio

I thought it was shameful umpiring today being at the G. A lot of grappling of Pies players, paying frees to Port that weren’t there and then by the same measure not applying the same interpretation of the rule when Collingwood ought to have been awarded a free kick.

Great to win, really not expected. Some terrible errors costing goals then some terrific play creating goals.

Go back to the SANFL Port and take the thugs Hinkley and Lade with you.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:44 pm

piedys wrote:
Meredith1965 wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Did the umpiring appear as disgraceful on the TV as it appeared at the ground? Jesus wept!

It stank, ... The first gifted goal, the first quarter 50m, and the lack of holding the ball against Port in the last quarter were all dire and cost us 18 points. Without those gifts we’d have cruised home. We really outplayed them most of the day.

piffdog wrote:
Gifted 3 goals in the first q - two to Boak and a mark paid to Dixon from a god almighty shove. I don’t know what that first one was before even the bounce up.
There would have been another 50 of those incidents through the game not paid (for both teams). I worry that these rookie umpires want to show every one they know the rules and insert themselves when a more experienced ump never would.

I’m not typically a “the umpires are crap” fan, but I thought the standard today was really, really poor.

Let's begin with these three cuntpires: Chris Donlon (1), Andrew Heffernan (29), Brent Wallace (33)

You could see what we were up against before the first ball was even bounced.

In what world does that cock sucker Heffernan think he can just reinvent the rules to suit himself?
When in the entire f%cking history of the AFL/VFL, has a player ever been penalised for a soft forearm to their opponents back, who didn't even flinch? Oh, but don't touch their precious Boak...
Get back to you day job, but you're probably shit at that too...

And that free against Maynard and subsequent 50 had me off the couch and hurling obscenities at the putrid maggots. Gift goal #2. Oh, but don't touch their precious Boak...

And the shove on Moore from cocaine Charlie was just the last straw, and we are only half way through first quarter.

And this in a nutshell is why I refuse to attend AFL games any further.
They just keep finding new shameless cheats to stitch us up each week.

So F^CK YOU McLaughlan, your cheating weasels, and your shit for brains rules committee [ps. the lab called, and want their lobotomised baboons back - pronto...]

But again, a full buy-in from all players again, even though many played some shitful quarters, the rest of the team pick up the slack sufficiently to get us over the line.

Even if it all collapses in a screaming heap next friday night, 10 wins on the trot was a bitchin' ride while it lasted!

Go Pies!

Couldn’t agree more with you. I almost left the ground at quarter time. There’s a limit to what supporters can put up. Everybody booed the umpires when they walked off the ground at the end of the game, but all it does is spur the umpires on to find more ways of cheating us next week. Our club should boycott all future games until the AFL and the umpires sit down with us give us written explanations for all the dodgy decisions they gave us today and publish the list of them on the Collingwood website.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:48 pm

The umpiring is hard to forgive when they make obvious mistakes. If it’s under a pack and 10 players are in the way and you need 15 replays to be sure, you can easily forgive an error. When Ginni is 30
Meters in the clear with one opponent and 40 000 people at the G can see a hold, AND it goes in for about 5 seconds! That’s poor. That’s deliberate. Some would call that cheating, but actually it MUST be AFL directive. Surely. No umpire could be that blind, bad or stupid NOT to pay those obvious frees to Ginni over and over again. Poor form. At least Fly isn’t afraid to point it out, subtly, in his press conferences.

Good win though, good game, bring on the Dees Smile

- Ben
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:48 pm

My hawk sister went with junior today,she said she couldn’t believe how biased it was, she was ready to call the cop in charge if we lost as it would have been a riot and deservedly so
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:49 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
piedys wrote:
Meredith1965 wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

It stank, ... The first gifted goal, the first quarter 50m, and the lack of holding the ball against Port in the last quarter were all dire and cost us 18 points. Without those gifts we’d have cruised home. We really outplayed them most of the day.

piffdog wrote:
Gifted 3 goals in the first q - two to Boak and a mark paid to Dixon from a god almighty shove. I don’t know what that first one was before even the bounce up.
There would have been another 50 of those incidents through the game not paid (for both teams). I worry that these rookie umpires want to show every one they know the rules and insert themselves when a more experienced ump never would.

I’m not typically a “the umpires are crap” fan, but I thought the standard today was really, really poor.

Let's begin with these three cuntpires: Chris Donlon (1), Andrew Heffernan (29), Brent Wallace (33)

You could see what we were up against before the first ball was even bounced.

In what world does that cock sucker Heffernan think he can just reinvent the rules to suit himself?
When in the entire f%cking history of the AFL/VFL, has a player ever been penalised for a soft forearm to their opponents back, who didn't even flinch? Oh, but don't touch their precious Boak...
Get back to you day job, but you're probably shit at that too...

And that free against Maynard and subsequent 50 had me off the couch and hurling obscenities at the putrid maggots. Gift goal #2. Oh, but don't touch their precious Boak...

And the shove on Moore from cocaine Charlie was just the last straw, and we are only half way through first quarter.

And this in a nutshell is why I refuse to attend AFL games any further.
They just keep finding new shameless cheats to stitch us up each week.

So F^CK YOU McLaughlan, your cheating weasels, and your shit for brains rules committee [ps. the lab called, and want their lobotomised baboons back - pronto...]

But again, a full buy-in from all players again, even though many played some shitful quarters, the rest of the team pick up the slack sufficiently to get us over the line.

Even if it all collapses in a screaming heap next friday night, 10 wins on the trot was a bitchin' ride while it lasted!

Go Pies!

Couldn’t agree more with you. I almost left the ground at quarter time. There’s a limit to what supporters can put up. Everybody booed the umpires when they walked off the ground at the end of the game, but all it does is spur the umpires on to find more ways of cheating us next week. Our club should boycott all future games until the AFL and the umpires sit down with us give us written explanations for all the dodgy decisions they gave us today and publish the list of them on the Collingwood website.

If the umpiring is as woeful next week, as it was today, we have not got a dogs hope in hell of beating the Deeees, this is exactly why the club must lodge an Official complaint, with the League, this must change, enough is enough. Like most of us, im done. Rolling Eyes Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:57 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Didn’t watch but free kicks 23-18 the Pies way doesn’t suggest the one sided anti Pies umpiring display this thread is hinting at?

Of our 23 free kicks, I think only 1-2 were forward of centre.
As for the Power, they benefited from 3 F50 frees (2.1), 1 50m penalty which resulted in a goal, an almighty push in the back by Dixon who then kicked a goal and a blatant holding the ball in the last quarter which wasn’t paid against Power which they ended up kicking a goal.

Apart from that, the umpires didn’t do too bad 😂

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:05 pm

Whose bright idea was it for Port to wear grey as their away jumper. Bloody hell my eyes struggled to keep track of our players. Tell Port to bugger off and wear magenta
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:23 pm

Terrific contested footy game from Dr Goey today, he and Adams were bulls
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:24 pm

Two things:

Surely we are past the Buckley can/can’t coach discussion. It’s getting boring people. move on. The bloke is on FOX footy genuinely enjoying watching the way we are playing under Fly and you all should too.

Second; we need to keep Jordan DeGoey. He was great today. After listening to the Mason Cox interview on the Howie Games podcast this week, I YouTubed the 2018 Prelim highlights again. Coxy was awesome, but De Goey was bloody brilliant. It’s easy to forget just how good he is. You don’t just let players of that ilk walk.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11   

Jump to: