Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Haff wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Haff wrote:
Win that we make a granny. Now 100:1. Even if we don’t go out in straight sets we have to play Sydney on the postage stamp. We can’t beat them up there.

Why don’t you choose another team to “support”? Your generalised negativity just makes the rest of us puke.

I’m as gutted as you. IQ wouldn’t see your comments as positive. Moving on.

It’s the generalised misery-making that makes us ill. Critique particular players or plays, by all means, but keep the “Collingwood will fail” rhetoric to yourself.
MAY-Z 

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Damien wrote:

1. Umpiring was brilliant, let it go all game and no team had a clear advantage,

You had me until you called the umpiring brilliant. It was woeful, you can not put the whistle away for blatant frees such as Ginni run to the ground in a headlock without even touching the ball or the blatant incorrect disposals and prior opportunity but play on. They should be paid, any day of the week, not let go.

It truly is attitudes like that (brilliant umpiring) that keep that standard where it is.

Compare the holding the ball on ash Johnson in the 1st qtr to almost very time we tackled Geelong players, Selwood kick out of bounds not deliberate, yet Howe when he slipped was, de Goey just clearing it was

And you can go on and on
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

mudlark wrote:
Collingwood need to pull the trigger and pick a team of goers. Miochec out for Krueger. Ginnivan, we just can’t carry this plodder any longer. Too slow, dog trots along instead of going hard. Loses every one on one. In Carmichael , who will probably replace Adam’s. Fin McCrae IN.

Dropping Ginni is just crazy, no way, hes our X factor, if the umps gave him a fair go, hed be a damn matchwinner, he has kicked a lot of goals for us this season, from tight angles, no way Jose do we drop him. Surprised Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:39 pm

Great effort but ultimately we weren't clean enough across the night, it cost us and some good examples of this were evident in the final minutes.

The umpires actually awarding the countless HTB decisions against Geelong would have been nice however.

winpies Scorpio

Magpietothemax wrote:
princem007 wrote:
Proud of the boys … from 17th to top 4 and pushing premiership favourite all the way.

Yes. And that proves that we are genuine contenders. On to the Swans. That game just whetted the appetite. This team ain't going nowhere.

Very proud. Great effort. I cannot believe some of the crappy comments being made in the game day thread. Honestly, these boys flog their guts out and cop it in the neck from so many on here. Yes they make mistakes and some make me angry also, but you try running up to 15 klm, get bashed doing it and then play a game perfectly. I know I would be totally useless. All credit to them. Go Pies!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

Does holding the ball not exist anymore?

It’s farcical what this game has degenerated into.

winpies Scorpio

Magpietothemax wrote:
princem007 wrote:
Proud of the boys … from 17th to top 4 and pushing premiership favourite all the way.

Yes. And that proves that we are genuine contenders. On to the Swans. That game just whetted the appetite. This team ain't going nowhere.

Very proud. Great effort. I cannot believe some of the crappy comments being made in the game day thread. Honestly, these boys flog their guts out and cop it in the neck from so many on here. Yes they make mistakes and some make me angry also, but you try running up to 15 klm, get bashed doing it and then play a game perfectly. I know I would be totally useless. All credit to them. Go Pies!

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:40 pm

Damien wrote:
So proud of this team. And to the flogs on here who are:

1. Blaming the umpires
2. Calling for Mihocek to be dropped
3. Talking about whether we can beat Sydney or not

I will say:

1. Umpiring was brilliant, let it go all game and no team had a clear advantage,
2. Mihocek had a quiet game yes but no way he’ll be dropped
3. we gotta win another game before we worry about Sydney

Had a gutful of the whingers on this site. Especially about umpiring. If you can’t just acknowledge what a brilliant performance that was by our team, you don’t know squat about footy and definitely haven’t played it.

You’re the only flog pal. Miochec has about 20 touches in the last 6 games. Think of what we lost by and then think of his decision to play on from 20 metres out directly in front. He’s our goddamn full forward FFS. Doesn’t chase always falls over at the contest had didn’t even have a handful of possessions. The umpires are cheats and nothing more. They were a disgrace and a blight on what was a great finale game.
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:40 pm

I’m still upbeat. Assuming we get there, we can beat Sydney. Missed DeGoey that game.

This has been a great season. Nothing that I saw today diminishes that.

I still believe

Marvelos 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:43 pm

mudlark wrote:
Collingwood need to pull the trigger and pick a team of goers. Miochec out for Krueger. Ginnivan, we just can’t carry this plodder any longer. Too slow, dog trots along instead of going hard. Loses every one on one. In Carmichael , who will probably replace Adam’s. Fin McCrae IN.

Checkers still has credit in the bank, no way is he dropped, I would like to squeeze Freddy in somewhere though.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:43 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
Had a few panic moments tonight under pressure but the younger kids will be better having gone through that. Disappointed we didn’t get over the line. Pretty much went the way I expected pressure and tackling was awesome and our midfield nullified theirs.

McStay will be a valuable acquisition based on tonight.

Cats got lucky tonight and if Scott reckons that was a perfect preparation he is kidding himself.

I hope he does reckon it was a perfect performance, because then, what does it say about us??
Honestly, this is the finals loss that could lead to a miracle.
So much admiration for our team. So much belif, so much energy, so much drive for victory.
This team is not done with yet.
Injury blow to Adams is the only concern i have after today's performance.
He clearly won't be right for next week, nor probably for the week after.
Will need another mid to come in, I think.
Carmichael or McCrae.
I did not agree with Kreuger as the sub, thought it was too risky. But after another week of training, well throw him in. He will be certainly right by then, if we thought he was right today.
I am gutted we lost, but at the same time i am exhilarated by the incredible drive of this team to win, whatever the odds. This team does not believe in defeat.

MAY-Z 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:44 pm

Marvelos wrote:
mudlark wrote:

Checkers still has credit in the bank, no way is he dropped, I would like to squeeze Freddy in somewhere though.

He can only come in for Cox or Checkers, but feel on form it has to be Checkers if you make the change.

I would think they will just stick though, Carmichael in for Adams (surprised he was t sub today actually)
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:45 pm

Great effort.
Proud of the boys
TassiePie1990 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:45 pm

Nick Daicos is crazy good. His vision under pressure is unreal especially for a first yearer. We couldn’t of played much better. Moore was outstanding. What I would give to have Jeremy Cameron in our jumper.
Geelong were in all sorts if they didn’t win tonight. Danger, hawkins and Selwood are limping through.
We seriously had our chances tonight but broke down when we were out at crucial times across half forward. I wonder if Henry is worth a crack next week. I understand his defensive work may be the issue but Ginni was found out in the air all night.
On a side note my beer nearly sailed through the TV when they paid that high free to Selwood in the first
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:47 pm

Why did Moore go forward late when Kruger came on. Didn’t seem logical. Like I said lost some composure during the game and we will be better for it.

There was a particular holding the ball on the Warne stand HF flank that was blatantly missed when the scores were tied so who knows what happens if that’s paid. Maybe we should ask for Stevic next week…

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 5 of 22   

Jump to: