Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind Caro - i think occasionally she asks good questions and ferrets information as well as any other journo. The only thing against her is her Richmond bias, and loathing of the pies - but hey, hasnt every other football commentator done that over the years, with the exceptions of Louie, McKenna (most of the time) and Ed?

I'd prefer to listen to Caro's snipes than Dermies dribble anyday. Who else can use 750 words and refer to 6 other memorable matchdays of his own in describing the way Neitz leads out and takes a mark. Gimme a break Dermie, O-V-E-R-K-I-L-L.

Matter of fact - give his job to Silly Brownless, i bet he'd be more entertaining.
Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:24 am

I can't stand 'Caro' - and it's not because she's a woman - almost as much as I loathe Mike Sheean.

I didn't hear her on 3AW, but on last night's "Talking Footy" she opened up on Eddie calling Collingwood games, etc. I can't say what her motivations may be, but I think that the critisism is unfounded and uncalled for.

Eddie Mac is the best thing that ever happened to Collingwood and is a great lover of football. If the AFL had any sense they'd be exploiting as much of Eddie as possible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:43 am

This has nothing to do with the fact that she's a woman...(she's a woman?) It's to do with what she says, writes and they way she goes about it. Christie Malthouse is a female journalist and is taken seriously. The difference is that Christie doesn't show bias towards anyone, she reports what is there and keeps the jealousy out of her articles. It's called professionalism - something Caro doesn't have.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Zaius Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:52 am

Simple, don't listen to a radio station that airs her comments and do not buy the paper she writes in.

Sooner or later the editors get teh point that she has nothing positive to say!
The Zapper 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:52 am
Post subject: Caro...again!!!Reply with quote

I wonder what Caro would say, write, whinge about if tomorrow Eddie stepped down as president and still commentated on Channel 9.

As an example..would Eddie calling the Chris Johnson mark over Didak been any different if he was not the president? Please Caro....grow up.

I mean her arguments are really hypocritical. If we took them to their logical conclusion the only people who would be suitable to call or write about our great game would be those who have had no affiliations, do not support a team and most probably come from a rugby state or beyond!

Caro and Tim Lane's perfect world would have Les Murray doing the special comments every Friday night while some Ice Hockey commentators do the main commentary...

You cannot tell me that she or people like Tim Lane have never let their club loyalties creep into their journalism. They are just as guilty. I guess their stand is just their way of justifying their own self importance.

If she is so upset about Eddie, why does she appear on a program on occassions where the Essendon coach appears....not as a guest but as part of the program commenting on the game?

Double standards??? You bet!!
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:22 am

Well I just read her article. It is here.

Can someone please read it, and tell me where her argument is, because I can't see it. (Oh hang on, it's because I hate Collingwood). No seriously where is her case, I think she forgot it. I don't see it. Do you? Memo to Caroline, your opinion doesn't make it right.

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:28 am

Firstly Caro in Jammies....Excuse me a minute........"oh look Carrots"

This is not about her being a Woman in a mans world at all.....Caro is just out to be negative about everything except her precious Richmond....Last week when Choco and Sheedy were on Talking Footy, she was absolutly exposed as a person who knew little about the game and it's process's there are plenty of women who would easily know more about the game (take for instance Spuds wife) who should be able to get their point of view accross. the way in which she bags Collingwood is a disgrace and I agree if there was no eddie and collingwood Caro would not be able to come up with a story that is newsworthy to save herself. I believe she has some potential, if only she started looking at the positive aspects of the game. Till then she will just be another hack who is riding on the shirt tails of a former Richmond President...who jst happens to be her daddy...

Cheers

Zaius Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:51 am

Her main point...

"If Nine, its No. 1 star, and the Collingwood executive are too stubborn to see that McGuire must stop calling these matches then someone at AFL headquarters should have the nerve and wisdom to strongly suggest it."

It seems the only real issues that are facing the AFL in 2003 are wrapped around one E McGuire. Either it is involemnet in the call of the game we all love or the REAL issues of salary caps and throwing money at clubs that don't need it. Development or level paying fields???

The second is slowly being swept under the table but will bite the AFL in the butt in the long run!

Who does CW barry for anyway. Has she made that clear at any time??
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:54 am

Clearly Richmond....I think she wants to have a child with Richo, the way she carries on about him is gross....
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:31 pm

I saw Caro on talking footy last night.
She was whinging about Eddie calling the game and how he spent five minutes before the game talking about the Collingwood banner fiasco.
She said people did not tune in to listen to that as it had nothing to do with the game.
She then went on to say that they should have shown the Stawell Gift on the big screens at Telstra Dome before the game on Monday - Now that's really relevant to the game!
She said she has to listen to Eddie calling three more games this year - not that she's counting - I say DON'T LISTEN THEN!
Stupid b*tch.
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:03 pm

i have very little time for her but on this issue, i agree with her. her reasons seem pedantic at best with no genuine argument to support her case other than a clear dislike for the pies and/or a bit of jealousy that CH9 have the footy. i just want ed to be president. i understand his gig at CH9 pays the bills and he should not be restricted from making a living but i dont see why he cant call other games and leave the pie games to commetti and co. as a pie fan first and foremost, which he clearly is, i cannot understand why he would rather be in a commetary box than in the stands cheering the boys on.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:13 pm
Post subject: CaroReply with quote

Cool
Caro had Eddie on Talking footy a couple of weeks ago and she didn't have the, dare I say it, Balls to have a go at him about her pet hates, so she is a total waste of space whose opinion should be totaly discounted by all decent people.ie Collingwood supporters.I agree with Joffa.She isa mole.

Zaius Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:14 pm

No way, Eds been working long and hard to get CH9 the tv football rights, long before he was able to get the top job with the Pies.

Ed has always been a TV person and always will be a TV person!

CW is a print media hack wanting to get into TV. She has a head for radio, if you know what i mean. Proving her wrong will be the best for Ed the Pies and all us fans!
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:16 pm

she never has anything positive too say and is constantly looking at her notes on TF...she has no clue and I couldn't care less what she says or does....

Note- it also goes to show that any ugly person can get there head on the telly....

TERRY
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:40 pm

Australians are known for their tall poppy syndrome. Her jealousy of Ed is unbelievable, almost laughable. I choose to laugh. This horse wishes she could be Mr Ed.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 5 of 182   

Jump to: