Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#22 Steele Sidebottom

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Are all of you Richmond supporters in disguise?! WTF are you on about? We’d have to make the prelim for Sidey to have a chance — a chance, no guarantee — of playing. Which means someone who got us to the prelim would have to make way for Sidey, is that fair? With the AFL’s special hub closed, it’d be a waste of time. When did Collingwood supporters become backstabbing mercenaries who’d throw their grandma under the bus?

Correct weight. Crying or Very sad
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:09 am

Why did the special hub close? Why didn’t our club know this would happen? Why didn’t we fight for him harder? Why didn’t he go early enough?

I’m no mercenary but I am mighty pissed off, did he cost us a double chance with his naked drunk show in Williamstown? 4 $£$%^%%$ weeks and now this. He’s on a might good $£$%^%%$ wicket, how are his team mates feeling?

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:27 am

Unfortunately we couldn’t make Mrs Sidebottom have her baby before the special training hub closed.

Going by this year’s form think_positive, half the players don’t mind either way. If they make the GF, awesome, if they don’t, awesome. Just look at our games in recent months, two quarters of don’t-give-a-shit, one quarter of 100%, and the other quarter a mix of both. I think they’d be relieved to get knocked out of the finals and be able to leave the hub.

Personally, I don’t know how to feel about winning the flag this year. If we win it, it’ll be the most tainted flag in living memory (it wasn’t a proper season so it doesn’t count etc). Guaranteed. And it might put us off having a red hot go in a proper normal 2021 season. Lose a final and it might make us hungry for next year. Win and we won’t be taken seriously by anyone. TBH I wish we’d done a Hawthorn and tanked for draft picks
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:33 am

If so Then they can all get £$%$ed, pampered $£$%^%%$ shits. If so why did they take 1/2 my membership? Why not be honest?

And if we do a Bradbury there better not be a bloody Bob Murphy moment!

Not Richmond? The reigning premiers? Favourites to go three straight? We can only $£$%^%%$ dream.

Get ruthless. Demand performance, show some passion. No more $£$%^%%$ gambling on ANYTHING, no drinking during the season, and no more sentimental picks, get Beams in an office with his manager and a lawyer and cut him loose, what ever it $£$%^%%$ takes.

Hated? We are laughed at. It’s a $£$%^%%$ joke

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:35 am

The irony is Melbourne might be stage 2 by the time the GF rolls around
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:37 am

Hungry? We lost the GF in 90 sec to a shit call, how hungry did we look in last years prelim? I love bucks, but this sterile atmosphere of professionalism is ruining football for me. And that’s not even taking into account our so called professional skills!

Be honest guys, which win have you really enjoyed this season? Or was it just a relief?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:38 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
The irony is Melbourne might be stage 2 by the time the GF rolls around
i don’t care if it’s stage 1, no way he plays,who would deserve to miss out?
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:41 am

think positive wrote:

Be honest guys, which win have you really enjoyed this season? Or was it just a relief?

Start of the season when we were absolutely flying. Fit, looking sharp, no injuries. This was our year. Go back to game day threads from the first few games, the positivity was endless here and in media. The hub £$%$ed us. That month of 4 and 5 day breaks against opposition who didn’t travel and had twice as long breaks £$%$ed us. Howe’s knee £$%$ed us. JDG’s criminal charges and injury £$%$ed us. Sidey’s transgression £$%$ed us. It all fell apart when we had to go into the hubs. Other teams coped better, we didn’t for various reasons. Honestly, if there had been no Covid this year and it was normal, we’d be locking in a GF. It’s been a shit year and frankly I think it’s a miracle we’re playing finals.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:47 am

I think most people’s frustration stems from the fact this was avoidable
We knew 6 weeks ago we would be locked into QLD for the remainder of the season (barring finals which no one knew about at the time) When they released the remaining rounds as our hub
Sidey and his partner could have relocated her here for the birth as a few players from other clubs did and many players brought there families as well with very young children
It isn’t like he couldn’t afford the extra cost and I’m sure the club would have assisted
Now I get she wanted to be close to her family but he earns his living by PLAYING FOOTBALL
I didn’t think his head had been back in the game anyways after his suspension for Covid breach and maybe there was more to her Pregnancy that’s we know
IMO the clubs mixed message reeks of her/him changing there minds late after club made arrangements and announced he was returning
Anyways we don’t have him for the rest of the season so others get a chance
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:11 pm

IMO he has let the club down. This affects trust issues and a lack of loyalty to the club that has stood by and supported him. I have slept on it and woken up to the same decision. Trade him out for an equally talented player and cut our losses.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:16 pm

Which "equally talented player" did you have in mind?

Cotchin, Dangerfield and Cripps are not available.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:23 pm

Lazza wrote:
IMO he has let the club down. This affects trust issues and a lack of loyalty to the club that has stood by and supported him. I have slept on it and woken up to the same decision. Trade him out for an equally talented player and cut our losses.

So let's recap the extent of Sidebottom's betrayal:

1) Went over to a mate's place one time in the midst of a pandemic (not social distancing!!!!) and had too much to drink.
2) Had the temerity to attend the birth of his child.

Still one of our best players and a key onfield leader. But yeah, **** him off. Clearly, we need to be setting an example by crucifying anyone who makes one bad decision (that didn't actually hurt anybody and that he was already harshly punished for). Also, getting rid of him altogether will show him for not being there when we need him.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:39 pm

Get rid of sidy and all the other selfish players too. Along with the coaching panel and geoff walsh.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:45 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I think most people’s frustration stems from the fact this was avoidable
We knew 6 weeks ago we would be locked into QLD for the remainder of the season (barring finals which no one knew about at the time) When they released the remaining rounds as our hub
Sidey and his partner could have relocated her here for the birth as a few players from other clubs did and many players brought there families as well with very young children
It isn’t like he couldn’t afford the extra cost and I’m sure the club would have assisted
Now I get she wanted to be close to her family but he earns his living by PLAYING FOOTBALL
I didn’t think his head had been back in the game anyways after his suspension for Covid breach and maybe there was more to her Pregnancy that’s we know
IMO the clubs mixed message reeks of her/him changing there minds late after club made arrangements and announced he was returning
Anyways we don’t have him for the rest of the season so others get a chance

i agree

K 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:48 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

Who were the other players who did that? The media did report one or two others were expecting a baby, but didn't say what they did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 44 of 77   

Jump to: