Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#5 Jamie Elliott

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

No.37 should be permanently retired out of respect for A. Hyrsoulakis...
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:00 am

MagpieBat wrote:
Numbers now vacant:

2, 3, 14, 19, 21, 25, 27, 29, 31, 35, 37

Depending on what Krakouer wants to do, he might now switch to his dad's old #3, like he originally intended, or stay with #7.

No way Krakouer will switch to #3 again, not after what happened last time. Out of respect to his other knee, Krak will stay with 7.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:07 am

Clemo wrote:
Fire Up wrote:
elliott will get #3. q stick gets #35 (as he was 1st player signed to us for 2013)

I'm sure the #35 doesn't go to recycled players Question

Collingwood set a very bad precedent last year, giving Jaime the 35. Although not a recycled player, he was taken in a trade.

However, the 'legacy' of Presti is probably better worn on a younger new player.

To me though, it's a number so I can identify the player on the field... don't care who wears 35 or 2.
Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:36 am

I would like to see the precedent set with Fasolo followed, i.e. giving low numbers to players expected to have long futures with the club. I especially don't want to see Russell, who is a top up player who may not play at all if Williams and Keeffe live up to last year's promise, given #2.

My suggestions would be 2. Elliot 3. Seedsman 14. Williams 19. Young 21 Lynch 25 Draft Pick 19 27. Draft pick 21 29 Draft pick 37 31 Russell 35 Draft pick 18 37. Whoever is chosen to fill the final vacancy. Seedsman's #40 would go to one of the rookies.

tomoleary Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:25 am

Krakouer wore 3 for one match and did his ACL.

John Macarthy wore 3 throughout his time at Collingwood.

Ryan Lonie wore 3: a player that promised to much but failed to live up to expectation. However in 2003, the year he played so well and promised so much he had been wearing 37.

Mark Richardson wore it for 7 seasons before Lonie. Richardson was promising early in his career but once he switched to number 3 he was plagued by injury and never lived up to his potential.

Dermott Brereton wore number 3 for 1 inglorious season.

Before that it was Mick Gayfer. I can't really comment on Mick. Not sure if he lived up to his potential or not?

My gut feeling is the number 3 should never be used again by Collingwood. It appears to hamper all that wear it. Krakouer even said himself that it's cursed, when he switched back to 7.

The number 35 on the other hand appears to have special powers. Fasolo definitely played better in it and Elliott also did really well on debut, and we all know who's worn 35 before.

25 should work for Jamie.
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:13 am

Legacy of Presti?????

The #35 will always stand for one P Daicos.

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:15 am

Dont like this #35 jumper situation at all. Cheapens my memory of Daics and Presti. Let the players decide and let them make the number and jumper THEIRS to make history!
The Average Tourist 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:35 pm

tomoleary wrote:

Ryan Lonie wore 3: a player that promised to much but failed to live up to expectation. However in 2003, the year he played so well and promised so much he had been wearing 37.

Mark Richardson wore it for 7 seasons before Lonie. Richardson was promising early in his career but once he switched to number 3 he was plagued by injury and never lived up to his potential.

Before that it was Mick Gayfer. I can't really comment on Mick. Not sure if he lived up to his potential or not?

My gut feeling is the number 3 should never be used again by Collingwood. It appears to hamper all that wear it. Krakouer even said himself that it's cursed, when he switched back to 7.

The number 35 on the other hand appears to have special powers. Fasolo definitely played better in it and Elliott also did really well on debut, and we all know who's worn 35 before.

Showing my age but Did Mick Gayfer live up to his potential???

He exceeded his potential to become a Premiership Player.

Loved the Gayf

He kicke two goals in his career might have been when he was at Norf

But could he shut down a player

Him and Shane Morwood together talk about the odd couple

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:54 pm

Mick 'the blanket' Gayfer made the no.3 his own. Premiership player and the looks of a French model...
Shane Morwood - as reliable as Clement
No.37, simply the Hyrsoulakis factor once again, give that to our no.1 recruit.
No.35 should be put away permanently in respect to the great one.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:17 pm

makri wrote:
Legacy of Presti?????

The #35 will always stand for one P Daicos.

+ 1

The LEGEND!

What an amazing champion he was.
Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:42 pm

The point about superstitions is that that's all they are. Gayfer played well above his natural ability for years. Before Gayf #3 had been worn by Greg Phillips and before that Stan Magro. Lots of good players wore #3.

#13 has a far worse record in recent years but Daisy Thomas has ended the "curse". In the thirty years before Daisy wore #13: The only two Collingwood players to die young through ill health (rather than misadventure) were Jamie Tape and Wayne Gordon, both wore #13, the only Collingwood player to go to jail for drug offenses, Brett Cooper wore #13, so did John Bourke the only player from any club silly enough to kick an umpire during a televised Reserves game; Alan Richardson, a guaranteed starter in the 1990 Grand Final, missed out after the Coach re-injured his shoulder while testing his fitness on the Thursday before the Grand Final - he wore #13, So did Neil Peart, Craig Jacotine and Andrew Ukovic all of whom played well in higher numbers and seemed to lose form and selection in the Firsts after have been given the number. Richie Cole was given #13 at the start of his career and never justified it.

When Daisy was given the number I held my breath, but clearly he has broken the curse, perhaps because it never really existed.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:52 pm

tomoleary wrote:

I actually thought Fasolo was a better player in 2012 than he was in 2011. He improved in all aspects of his game and he became more of a team player. However Fasolo in 2011 was still a joy to watch, especially in the match that we came back against Essendon and smashed them by 12 goals.

tomoleary Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:18 am

Oh well... I hope you guys are right. It is weird though that certain numbers have had really strong histories and other numbers have had really poor histories. Hopefully it's all just co-incidence.

Hopefully someone can put the number 3 'curse' to bed as soon as they run out and play a match in it.

Perhaps Jamie can be the one?
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:41 am

Quote:
Jordan Russell ‏@RustyRussell02
So excited with getting no.2 again & wearing the same number as my old mate @SRusling Can't wait to get started

#SIDEBYSIDE
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:33 pm
Post subject: Fox Football 360 & Jamie Elliott.Reply with quote

Tonight on Fox Football 360, Mark Robinson asks Gerard Whately, "who has stood out for you the most in the NAB Cup pre season?"
Whately replies, "Jamie Elliott of the Pies. He's gone from the sneak around forward who will bob up with a goal, to a legitimate mid field option"
"Good choice" says Robinson.
The lid is off!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 6 of 35   

Jump to: