Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies whack Weagles - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien wrote:
Leave Faz forward. Leave Sack back.

Love That Plan

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:37 pm

Why was West Coast allowed to so easily take the ball out of defense? Hardly put any pressure on them at times. Really frustrating.

Blair was good early. Beams and Jamie solid all night.

Pendles quiet till the last quarter. He can play at a higher level than this. Was not 100% at his best against Adelaide either.

Fasolo gave away a goal from the kick in! Argh!

Loved Harry's run out of defense.

Oh... don't but tickets in the Olympic Stand where you will be surrounded by West Coast fans and their stupid "Eagles Eagles" chants. Some a Eagles fans looking for fights after the game... Nearly punched on with a Pies fan in front of me.

Sharad played alright too.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:40 pm

Damien wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Nothing has changed for me after todays game if anything it's only highlighted how far we suddenly seem behind the likes of Port and the hawks.

Out:Brown(inj)
In:Keeffe

Out:Witts
In:Karnezis

Out:Young
In:Seedsman/Broomhead

Out:Ball
In:Adams

Out:Blair
In:Kennedy/Thomas

I doubt you'll see 5 changes in a winning side, but I'm glad you mentioned Young. He is bloody soft I reckon. Saw him on several occasions today just not go hard enough at the contest.

I like the first three but Blair? He was one of our best today.

Yeah, i think Young is easily one of the most frustrating players I've seen in a pies jumper. Most of the game your pulling out your hair because he's mucked up some how, then, when the game is in the balance he puts in a couple of those fantastic run n carry efforts or has some positive score involvements. Seedsman may need 1 more VFL game but he's got an eye on Youngs spot based on his game in the VFL today.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:51 pm

I just think that Herry needs help as a linebreaking runner. A couple of times tonight he single handedly transitioned the ball from defense to attack, but we need more than one player capable of this.

Until the last quarter where we started rolling the dice and Young was running and bombing, and even Maxy was taking bounces, Herry was the only one who even looked like taking a risk to attack from the back.

So yes, I'd like to Seedsman in the team when he's ready, but I think our lack of run and carry demands that both he and Young are in the team.

These types, and I include Broomhead, Sinclair and Freeman, are the players our too stagnant team is crying out for. Adams and Thomas, sure, they'll play some games but they won't be transforming the team.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:03 am

stoliboy wrote:
Why was West Coast allowed to so easily take the ball out of defense? Hardly put any pressure on them at times. Really frustrating.

Good question and one that needs answering as the last 2 weeks have seen a complete lack of pressure throughout the centre of the ground that we were so good at the previous 4 rounds.

While it seems a wild theory is there a chance this is intentional and that Buckley is still trying to develop a genuine plan B style of play one that revolves around zoning more than man on man?

If so it needs some work and perhaps needs to be canned altogether.

Wink

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:04 am

Agree with all those who noted that we need more line breaking power and speed. At times during the game tonight we seemed too slow. Our top 22 is still unclear, but I think we would benefit from the return of some real pace and the wild card quality of Sinclair. The dour determination and psychological will to win tonight against all odds was really inspiring and positive. I was really proud of the amazing mental courage to stay in this game and eventually to win it despite the apparent impossiblity with two key defenders down. A credit to the coach and to the players.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

Agree with all those who noted that we need more line breaking power and speed. At times during the game tonight we seemed too slow. Our top 22 is still unclear, but I think we would benefit from the return of some real pace and the wild card quality of Sinclair. The dour determination and psychological will to win tonight against all odds was really inspiring and positive. I was really proud of the amazing mental courage to stay in this game and eventually to win it despite the apparent impossiblity with two key defenders down. A credit to the coach and to the players.
uncanny 

great win that they had no right to think would happen for most of the game
the back line held firm despite losing two of their key players
we were smashed in the clearances early and couldn't force turnovers from their passes to team mates and make it a scrap
somehow they found a way to win
if they can get Reid back into the forward line and fix their lack of marking targets they have the potential to go to the next level and match the best teams
they are still in the mix at 6 3
definitely would have taken that at the start of the year
especially after round 1
go woods

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:09 am

Doc63 wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Great to see our ex captain still abusing players that are better than him just for the sake of it, I assume Fasolos great crime was actually hitting a target which is not allowed in the ex captains backline...

Unanimous appreaciton here for Maxys great effort today makes your comment both stupid and pathetic - he was tremendous today and your cheap shots are completely unjustified.

He's not a whipping boy for you today sport.

Yet, the Bozo is quick to jump down the throat of anyone who dares to criticize Cloke.

Makes it very difficult for a forward if the best player in the backline cant kick a footy, yet everyone will blame for the forward for not being able to mark the helicopter kick...

Also amazing how a player with no skill at all can be so universally loved yet another will be abused by those same people because they cant kick straight even if they are the best mark in the league and set up plenty of goals

Guess its one rule for one, another for others...
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:35 am

If Cloke was my son I'd drop him, FFS he's been next to useless this year, Blair would make a better KF ATM.

If Cloke plays next week I'll spew, enough is enough.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Koz Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:01 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Damien wrote:
Leave Faz forward. Leave Sack back.

Love That Plan
White and Cloke can't be in the same team nor Grundy and Witts.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:24 am

I really don't like any posts demanding that Cloke be dropped. Travis Cloke is a star. He is currently down in form, primarily due to confidence. How does he regain it? By playing. Especially against weaker teams, such as the teams we are about to play in the next few rounds. If Travis can kick a few goals against these teams, that is what he will need to regain his power. And when he regains his power... GO PIES!!!
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:37 am

swoop42 wrote:
stoliboy wrote:

Good question and one that needs answering as the last 2 weeks have seen a complete lack of pressure throughout the centre of the ground that we were so good at the previous 4 rounds.

While it seems a wild theory is there a chance this is intentional and that Buckley is still trying to develop a genuine plan B style of play one that revolves around zoning more than man on man?

If so it needs some work and perhaps needs to be canned altogether.

Wink

A wild theory is right lol, our mids just didn't expect that level of intensity from WC, go into a game expecting things to just happen it's bloody hard to turn things around when they don't, hate to say it but today's effort reminded me of our pre 2010 days when we'd just expect to beat inferior opponents by just turning up.

Credit to the guys though, they turned it around today and I think we'll get a bit out of the game going forward.

You like this.
MattyD 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:53 am

That was a pretty exciting win. Pendles running goal in the last was awesome.

There was some inspiring play that got us over the line and as others have said that was the Collingwood spirit that we know and love. More please.

But I have to say.....

The more I watch this game, the more convinced I am that the umpires' role is to create drama and get us enraged so we are more engaged with the game. I guess we should be thankful we got more free kicks this week than last week's paltry 9. I watched a little bit of the replay tonight and it is mind boggling that despite consistently receiving fewer free kicks than our opponents, the commentators still find it hard to believe we got half the ones we did.

I don't go on BigFooty because I can't stand it. But someone said the Eagles supporters are going off at how the umpires supposedly favoured US. Again, mind boggling.

The first few minutes of the game where we scored two goals, showed just how much better our team is compared to the Eagles. Looked like a big win coming up. And in stepped the umpires and changed the momentum. And every time we looked like catching up, there were dodgy decisions.

Rolling Eyes

Agree with everyone's comments about the game plan. What the eff was going on there?

Maxy really gave Fas a whack didn't he? Shows how much Maxy wanted to win. Great to see.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:03 am

That Pendles goal was epic, just knew it was going between the sticks, we lifted after that.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: