Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match: Magpies v. Demons. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
If we thought Melbourne looked good today, and they did, it should be a positive sign for us. Remember last week? The Dees were a laughing stock after losing to the Bombers. I think this year is very tight, with a number of improving teams and we're going to see a lot of inconsistency from week to week.

And not that you like to make excuses, but in an even year any club which is missing key players is going to be in trouble, we get two back next week after being without 4/5 of our best 10 this week (included Pendles as a fifth as he has needed to play out of position due to injury).

For what its worth I'll repeat what I wrote a few weeks ago. To ME, this is the type of season when we will lose games we are expected to win and vice versa. If you look at history and are genuinely interested in a real debate or discussion instead of just merely putting shit on the coach, plumber or the interior decorator at Collingwood, ALL teams go through a stage of being inconsistent before they gel together and form into a consistently good team. Writing a team off after only 3 rounds only shows a lack of knowledge or judgement from a poster but hey, they have every right to be bloody dumb and stupid in this politically correct world of ours..................... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:07 am

jackcass wrote:
Out: Maynard In: Tooves - Maynard needs to go back to the VFL and find the touch and form he was displaying at the end of 2015. Tooves was good at VFL level today and is the obvious replacement.

Out: Williams In: Smith - Hope Williams doesn't miss but if he does, Smith has to be promoted. Was sensational today in the VFL.

Out: Grundy In: Witts - Grundy showed some improvement v Saints but our midfield needs better service. I'd play both but Melbourne don't seem to play anyone to support Gawn.

Out: Moore In: White - Moore has been very poor across 3 games and anyone who doesn't think White can offer at least as much and viable ruck support is delusional.

Out: Blair In: Sidebottom - Blair played his worst game in a long long time and someone has to make way for Sidey.

Out: Goldsack In: Varcoe - Sack is pron to starting slow and building over a few weeks so likely he'll be better this week but Varcoe has to come back in. Was a choice between Goody and Goldy but I'd like to see Goody given at least 1 more.

That's 6 changes but I think justified by our performance against the Saints.

It's funny how nobody has raised that point about Moore's poor performances. I think it's completely unfair on him that he is expected to carry our forward line. He's only in his second year and nowhere near ready to be our main go-to forward option. I don't know if I'd give him a rest this week or not, but I agree that White offers us more. He looked pretty good yesterday in the 2's. A couple of errors but he certainly showed a lot.

Blair has got to go! Gets found out all the time. He doesn't provide anything and clearly won't be part of the nest premiership push. Nathan Brown is overrated too.

I'd bring in Toovey and White this week. White can play as a utility in defence and ruck, maybe sometimes up forward.

I think Grundy should stay in ahead of Witts. No question. Cloke should go nowhere near the ruck. That's the dumbest thing we've done all year. Seriously it's like Buck's is just throwing s**t at the wall. I see no direction. Last year we were hard and competitive and I refuse to accept injuries as an excuse. We're not undermanned, we are being out coached and out worked.

Based on the first three rounds we move the ball worse than Essendon do. For a team that is supposed to finish last, they look more competitive than us. I mean it's inexcusable to allow the opposition to go coast to coast time and time again without any pressure. Clearly the zone is a bust. Our players often look in two minds, like Buck's has made the game to complicated for them. I swear I can see them going against their better footy judgment at times and I must wonder if he's giving them too many convoluted instructions. Why, oh why doesn't he get us to play man on man when we are getting a hiding? Nope, he persists with his game plan.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:59 am

jackcass wrote:
True, but that didn't allow for Varcoe doing a hammy, Sidey getting suspended, Witts splitting the webbing in his hand, Tooves having an interupted preseason, Moore's & Grundy's form being this bad, Ramsay & Williams getting hurt, DeGoey, Langdon and Crisp taking a few games to crank up, Howe injuring himself.... Club needs to react as circumstances change

Swannie getting injured, no one tearing it apart in the seconds by playing blinders..... Rolling Eyes

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:04 pm

Mugwump wrote:
So I find it hard to believe that the coach is clueless as to game plans

In politics, the shallow thinkers blaming the previous government for everything currently wrong is called opening the first envelope.
So blaming the current coach is the first envelope opened by shallow thinkers on Nick's. I say let them have their say and I fully support their right to say bloody stupid things that I totally disagree with. THAT is my right of reply.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:15 pm

Lazza wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
So I find it hard to believe that the coach is clueless as to game plans

In politics, the shallow thinkers blaming the previous government for everything currently wrong is called opening the first envelope.
So blaming the current coach is the first envelope opened by shallow thinkers on Nick's. I say let them have their say and I fully support their right to say bloody stupid things that I totally disagree with. THAT is my right of reply.

When you try to be cute when insulting people you look like a massive egotistic dickhead.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:41 pm

jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Out: Grundy In: Witts - Grundy showed some improvement v Saints but our midfield needs better service. I'd play both but Melbourne don't seem to play anyone to support Gawn.

Out: Moore In: White - Moore has been very poor across 3 games and anyone who doesn't think White can offer at least as much and viable ruck support is delusional.
Saints.

I disagree with Grundy out for Witts. Witts missed 2 Games.

White is a Backman and not eve a VFL Player. We are not going that Bad

Hardly surprising you'd think that Dave but I'm left wondering just how badly your favorites need to play before you'd consider dropping them.

And what has Witts done to deserve to be promoted?

He's missed two with injury after an 8 possession 21 hitout game against the Swans where he was flogged by Tippett and played like the slow ineffectual log that he is.

Grundy is averaging twice as many possessions in his two games and about as many hitouts and at least can make a contest and have an influence on the game.

Stupid selection if it happens. Witts isn't a senior footballers arsehole.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:52 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
When you try to be cute when insulting people you look like a massive egotistic dickhead.

Then I'll try to be even cuter because not even your parents or family can ever win with your type of totally illogical and plainly misguided thinking.

What other people think of me is none of my business......................... Rolling Eyes

Never has been. Cool

Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:06 pm

Lazza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Then I'll try to be even cuter because not even your parents or family can ever win with your type of totally illogical and plainly misguided thinking.

What other people think of me is none of my business......................... Rolling Eyes

Never has been. Cool

Explain how it's misguided or illogical thinking?

The team isn't performing to expectations. The coach is in his 5th year and the returns have gone backwards steadily. Our game plan is a dogs breakfast that sees the same mistakes being made week in and out and the promised turnaround (Buckley said publicly in 2014 that we'd be better in 2015 and 16) hasn't looked like eventuating.

Surely even you must be getting worried? Or are you as complacent and gullible as the others who think Buckley is working to a grand plan that will suddenly click in the magic year of 2017-18-19-20.....based on blind hope and optimism and very scant evidence.

I want Buckley to succeed as much as anyone but I'm sorry to say I just don't think he's the man for the job and the side will need to dramatically change it's performance (and I'm not talking wins/losses although some wins would be good) to convince me otherwise.

The questions being asked and the pressure being placed on Buckley and the club by supporters are entirely justified and not a sign of disloyalty or ingratitude like some try to portray it as.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:14 pm

Witts didn't even play in the V.F.L yesterday,so i'd say it'd be highly unlikely he'd be given a recall anyway.I'd like to see Cox been given a go.At least he can win hit outs by the sound of it.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:17 pm

in: sidey, varcoe, broomhead
out: blair, williams, de goey.

kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:18 pm

If only!

In: H.Shaw, Wellingham, Thomas, Beams, Seedsman, Ceglar, Varcoe, Sidebottom, Mark Williams
Out: Maynard, Blair, Crisp, Cloke, Goldsack, Williams, Sinclair, Goodyear, Buckley

B: Langdon, N. Brown, Thomas
HB: H.Shaw, Reid, Pendlebury
C: Beams, Treloar, Wellingham
HF: Varcoe, Ceglar, Howe
F: Fasolo, Moore, Aish
Foll: Grundy, Greenwood, Adams
INT: Seedsman, Sidebottom, Oxley, de Goey

Coach: Mark Williams

Now that side HAS Premiership credentials.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:21 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Witts didn't even play in the V.F.L yesterday,so i'd say it'd be highly unlikely he'd be given a recall anyway.I'd like to see Cox been given a go.At least he can win hit outs by the sound of it.

Cox played a very good game in the seconds and his tap work was excellent as was his contested marking.

There is a big drop off between AFL-VFL so I'm not sure if he's up to senior standard yet but I reckon he's a big chance to get a senior gig this season. It really is quite remarkable how quickly he's come along playing a completely new sport at the standard he is in the time he has. And Darrean Wyatt looks plenty exciting too.
Medieval 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:26 pm

John Wren wrote:

JW, DeGoey needs to stay in the side. If you think anything differently, I'll disregard anything further you post on Nick's.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:31 pm

Flashman wrote:
Lazza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Never has been. Cool

Explain how it's misguided or illogical thinking?

You missed the point I was trying to make in my earlier post Flashman. In a nutshell I said I disagreed with most of the negative comments here (mainly because it is only round 3 of a very long season but for other valid reasons too), however I stated that everyone had a right to express their views.

What'sinaname then replied rudely thus: "When you try to be cute when insulting people you look like a massive egotistic dickhead."

I stated that such a reply contained misguided or illogical thinking. Rolling Eyes

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:34 pm

Medieval wrote:
John Wren wrote:

JW, DeGoey needs to stay in the side. If you think anything differently, I'll disregard anything further you post on Nick's.

that's your prerogative. no skin off my nose. it's just an opinion. i don't believe he has played well and could benefit from a week in the vfl. it's lower risk ommitting him than a cloke. tell me why you would retain him?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 6 of 27   

Jump to: