Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Bulldogs - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jatsad 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien wrote:
Sensei Grundy wrote:
Can't wait for the Buckley sycophants to come out and support him. The way the bulldogs ripped us up scoring effortless goals shows the disarray of our defence. Buckley should have tried to change things to stem the flow after they kicked in front following us hitting the front in the third. A class midfield, D class forward line waisting opportunities. Buckley, just go. You won't get them into the finals. Spare us the bullshit media conferences. Bring Paul Roos to the club before we are forced to rebuild again. Richmond will tear us a new one next week.

Yeah cos they played such a quality opponent last night. Shut down Dusty and there was nobody else.

So we get beaten by the reigning premier in RD 1 so let's sack the coach. Real intelligent.

What you fail to see however is that the mistakes made tonight, and there were plenty, were the same mistakes made last year.

Bad kicking, brain fades and a sieve like defense is what we had to put up with last year.

Nothing has changed.

With that midfield, and with the amount of ball they had, we should just about have won that game, if not for the stupid mistakes.

And now for my rant.

If anyone can argue positively for keeping Blair in the team, speak up now. Just not good enough. Cox and Grundy cannot be on the ground at the same time. Mayne will not be the answer. The zone defense clearly does not work for whatever reason.

This will hopefully be rectified next week with Elliot now fit and maybe Broomhead.

MarkOSuv 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:11 pm

Buckley will cause his own coaching death by persisting with Blair and Goldsack every year.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:14 pm

Kick straight = win.
Kick bloody points when you are going for a regulation goal = lose.

It is that simple.

Our first quarter kicking buggered us and despite a good effort we never quite caught up.

Kick straight = win.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:18 pm

jatsad wrote:
Damien wrote:
Sensei Grundy wrote:
Can't wait for the Buckley sycophants to come out and support him. The way the bulldogs ripped us up scoring effortless goals shows the disarray of our defence. Buckley should have tried to change things to stem the flow after they kicked in front following us hitting the front in the third. A class midfield, D class forward line waisting opportunities. Buckley, just go. You won't get them into the finals. Spare us the bullshit media conferences. Bring Paul Roos to the club before we are forced to rebuild again. Richmond will tear us a new one next week.

Yeah cos they played such a quality opponent last night. Shut down Dusty and there was nobody else.

So we get beaten by the reigning premier in RD 1 so let's sack the coach. Real intelligent.

What you fail to see however is that the mistakes made tonight, and there were plenty, were the same mistakes made last year.

Bad kicking, brain fades and a sieve like defense is what we had to put up with last year.

Nothing has changed.

With that midfield, and with the amount of ball they had, we should just about have won that game, if not for the stupid mistakes.

And now for my rant.

If anyone can argue positively for keeping Blair in the team, speak up now. Just not good enough. Cox and Grundy cannot be on the ground at the same time. Mayne will not be the answer. The zone defense clearly does not work for whatever reason.

This will hopefully be rectified next week with Elliot now fit and maybe Broomhead.

Nothing has changed? What am i failing to see here exactly champ? What are your suggestions to fix bad kicking, brain fades and a sieve like defence?

Last edited by Damien on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:22 pm

Tannin wrote:
Kick straight = win.

It is that simple.

Our first quarter kicking buggered us and despite a good effort we never quite caught up.

Kick straight = win.

Been saying this since the year 2000, club never does anything to improve it

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:25 pm

Stinger wrote:
derkd wrote:
500k a year on a guy like Mayne did not show enough at Freo to suggest the money was warranted.

and as i sdaid at the time 500k a year on Wells at 32 as injured as he is....gee he is going to have to play out of his skin when he gets back .

Thought mayne was ok. Laid some good tackles and kicked a goal. Harsh on Wells at least comment on those who actually play. How do you see de Goey.

Fair point, possibly a tad harsh on on Mayne. Wells the worry is justified...decent money..that could have been used otherwise .... We spent it on him...you need to get full if your getting a player at his age. My point is your going to want a decent return when he is back...at 32 he does not have season(s) to re find form or fitness.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:27 pm

Wasn't Blair's best game

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:27 pm

Tannin wrote:
Kick straight = win.

It is that simple.

Kick straight = win.

There is alot of truth in this simple summation
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:31 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Wasn't Blair's best game
How old are you?
VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:31 pm

I actually saw improvement tonight. The ball
Movement around the ground was better than last year. We couldn't shift the play at all last year. We did that tonight really well.
Better game plan or better adherence to it.
I'm positive.

Stinger 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:32 pm

jatsad wrote:
Damien wrote:
Sensei Grundy wrote:

Nothing has changed.

And now for my rant.

Yep there were mistakes. But it's not dyer. Few times we didn't back ourselves, held up the ball too long, then ultimately turned it over.

We need to play with total freedom. Even if nothing is on down the ground.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:32 pm

Fantastic performance by the new Collingwood forward line tonight! So threatening and dangerous! Could have done with a key forward who could take a mark but instead we get Darcy dropping uncontested marks...

1st qtr it seemed like our gameplan was kick it to Blair in a contest. Cox was barely sighted and White was his typical useless self

Maybe if Fasolo can kick 10 every week we might sneak a couple of wins, then again with our backline that might not be enough

Why does every team get those easy goals! Because we are slow and coached poorly, they are quicker and have footy smarts. Also notice Dogs stopped grubber goals by dropping back, no one at Collingwood smart enough to do that!

Anyway good luck to Clokey, if he can keep getting a game he will play finals unlike Collingwood who are a long way off, wonder what odds for the spoon!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:34 pm

VicParkTragic wrote:
I actually saw improvement tonight. The ball
Movement around the ground was better than last year. We couldn't shift the play at all last year. We did that tonight really well.
Better game plan or better adherence to it.
I'm positive.
So you took care of everything.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:35 pm

think better wrote:
I'm feeling okay about the effort but not about the polish. Darcy gets awarded that mark and it could have gone a different way - one of the single worst decisions I can remember.

Yep, and how about when the dog played on in the goal square and then got another go, take off all those volleyball passes they do, how do they get away with thar?? And we win. Yes we make it look bloody hard, still not convinced we are on the right track, but blessing be blessings, if that's what their best team dishes up to us, they ain't gunna be there at the end either!

Stinger 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:35 pm

derkd wrote:
Stinger wrote:
derkd wrote:
500k a year on a guy like Mayne did not show enough at Freo to suggest the money was warranted.

and as i sdaid at the time 500k a year on Wells at 32 as injured as he is....gee he is going to have to play out of his skin when he gets back .

Thought mayne was ok. Laid some good tackles and kicked a goal. Harsh on Wells at least comment on those who actually play. How do you see de Goey.

Fair point, possibly a tad harsh on on Mayne. Wells the worry is justified...decent money..that could have been used otherwise .... We spent it on him...you need to get full if your getting a player at his age. My point is your going to want a decent return when he is back...at 32 he does not have season(s) to re find form or fitness.

If Wells gets on the park and is injured again then it's open season. I'm happy to wait for him to get right. He's all class. But useless if he doesn't play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 6 of 22   

Jump to: