Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post GF. Pies pipped in GF thriller - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
Gawd there are some bloody dumb comments here!

No, they are not dumb. Some (most) chose to ignore the elephant in the room. Others call it out for what it is.

If you ignore it, it doesn't make it go away.

We need to confront our history of failing.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:57 pm

You learn a lot about some Collingwood “ supporters “ when you read the post match threads
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:58 pm

think positive wrote:

Let them get their thrills! They would'nt be on here if we had won!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

Raw Hammer wrote:
I’d say 15/46 or whatever it is is the very definition of Colliwobbles.

Crap. Numbers don't tell the true tale. A lot of those lost GF, like today, it was only the Collingwood spirit that got us there in the first place!!!!

I am so proud of a club that can make GF's when they're not expected to. Sure as hell don't want to rubbish them for that.
Raw Hammer 

Now I get to pass the loser Colliwobbles tag down to my son, just like my father did to me.

Awesome.

Freakin’ choke arse junk. losing to an interstate team after leading 5-0 and being up 12 point in the last.

Sorry all, but the Colliwobbles is real and will NEVER disappear from CFC unless we go 5-0 over our next GFs, if we ever make that many.

Opportunity lost, so very predictable, o matter the personnel. Remember, in 2010 it took a draw and replay to bring the silverware home.

I don’t know what the answer is, bad t wins in 2011 and 2018 probably would’ve gone a long way in ending the ‘wobbles’.

So very sick of being the bit of jokes. But I think we all now accept this as our lot in life.

As expected. Good luck all.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:59 pm

Strangely I am not devastated as that is what I have come to expect. As a Pies supporter I didn’t go into the game with any confidence and after the first quarter it seemed that they would run over us, except for those few minutes at the start of the last quarter.

I will never watch a replay but I thought the result flattered us.

In my lifetime we have played in 14 GF’s and won 2. If history is any guide if we make the GF next year we have a 14% chance of winning.

Who was our runner that shepherded Stephenson out of taking a mark and gifted the Weagles a goal? His name will be a trivia night answer for decades to come.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:00 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Can we trade Grundy? AA my ass, got smashed by oppositions 2nd and 3rd ruckman

At least Cox stood up when it mattered

Collingwood won the hit outs at a ratio of 2 to 1 and also won the clearances.. The problem wasn’t the rucking - it was the complete physical shellacking our mids suffered around the contest. Pendlebury and Sidebottom were awful.

The defence stood up well, for the most part - they had 15 more inside 50s because they won the midfield ground ball so convincingly.

Josh Thomas had 3 chances to make an impression in third quarter and botched each of them. Two points and one that didn’t make the distance.

It will kill a team every time, though, when it’s best midfield players don’t turn up. Adams was good, Treloar is excused, given his injury problems but how the best two players in the team dished that up on their biggest day for 7 years is a mystery.

But Grundy was absolutely useless around the ground whilst their Ruck men killed us. He had no positive impact on the game

Yes our midfield was ordinary, but it happens a lot when we win the taps, do they even have a plan or does Grundy just tap to his own feet and that’s it?
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:01 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Now I get to pass the loser Colliwobbles tag down to my son, just like my father did to me.

Awesome.

Freakin’ choke arse junk. losing to an interstate team after leading 5-0 and being up 12 point in the last.

Sorry all, but the Colliwobbles is real and will NEVER disappear from CFC unless we go 5-0 over our next GFs, if we ever make that many.

Opportunity lost, so very predictable, o matter the personnel. Remember, in 2010 it took a draw and replay to bring the silverware home.

I don’t know what the answer is, bad t wins in 2011 and 2018 probably would’ve gone a long way in ending the ‘wobbles’.

So very sick of being the bit of jokes. But I think we all now accept this as our lot in life.

Please get over it RH. As mentioned above, it was only Collingwood spirit that got us to many GF's against stronger opposition in the first place. Consider yourself lucky instead of so hard done by..
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:02 pm

think positive wrote:

Yup. I get people venting but seriously, just go outside and hit yourself in the head with a brick repeatedly and spare us all the insight into your tiny mind.

For me, I'm upset that we lost but proud of how we played out the season and the 4 quarters of the last game of the year. We were in it up to our necks until the last 2 minutes. I fkn hate losing grand finals, I've seen too many of them, but these boys weren't disgraced, they should be celebrated.

At the start of this year, no one had us playing off in the GF, but we did. You'd have to be a seriously hard marker or a total flog to not consider this season to be a success. yeah, we failed at the final hurdle, but we should never have been there, The fact that we were is reason to celebrate.

And no, I'm not celebrating mediocrity, there was nothing mediocre about this season or our effort today. It was fkn brilliant.

If losing today makes some people want to walk away, good. Door, arse, way out, far cough.

I'm sticking with them because there's the makings of a damn good team here, and I'm on the ride with them.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:02 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
I’d say 15/46 or whatever it is is the very definition of Colliwobbles.

Crap. Numbers don't tell the true tale. A lot of those lost GF, like today, it was only the Collingwood spirit that got us there in the first place!!!!

I am so proud of a club that can make GF's when they're not expected to. Sure as hell don't want to rubbish them for that.

It's not the players fault. As you said, they did brilliantly to make the GF.

The fault is something else. There is truth in the curse of Collingwood.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:03 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:

Awesome.

I thought you were leaving?

mabo 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:04 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
You learn a lot about some Collingwood “ supporters “ when you read the post match threads

Folks are just venting, I wouldn't read anything more into it than that.

For mine, I think there were a number of umpire calls both ways that weren't called. I also thought Pendles was well off of it and was very much looking his age.

As bad as we're feeling about this loss, I imagine Alex Woodward ('The Runner') will be feeling even worse for a very long time.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:05 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:

Yup. I get people venting but seriously, just go outside and hit yourself in the head with a brick repeatedly and spare us all the insight into your tiny mind.

For me, I'm upset that we lost but proud of how we played out the season and the 4 quarters of the last game of the year. We were in it up to our necks until the last 2 minutes. I fkn hate losing grand finals, I've seen too many of them, but these boys weren't disgraced, they should be celebrated.

At the start of this year, no one had us playing off in the GF, but we did. You'd have to be a seriously hard marker or a total flog to not consider this season to be a success. yeah, we failed at the final hurdle, but we should never have been there, The fact that we were is reason to celebrate.

And no, I'm not celebrating mediocrity, there was nothing mediocre about this season or our effort today. It was fkn brilliant.

If losing today makes some people want to walk away, good. Door, arse, way out, far cough.

I'm sticking with them because there's the makings of a damn good team here, and I'm on the ride with them.

Love this post Stui. Just love it!!! It was a simply amazing season and a wonderful ride.
35reasons 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:07 pm

Clearly we’re all gutted, but we were beaten by the big bodies of the Eagles who negated our key strength: the midfield - Pendles, Grundy and Sidebottom all needed to make a more significant contribution on the day.

Blaming the umps is just wasted energy. In any game that’s decided by less than a kick, you could point to any number of ‘sliding doors moments’ that would have changed the result.

Great GF, and more importantly an even better season. Our premiership window is well and truly open, and one or two gun recruits along with players returning from injury (how differently might today have gone if Dunn or Wells played?) should see us win a flag in the next year or two.

There’s nothing but upside once we realise that the sun will come up tomorrow.

Looking forward to 2019. Go ‘Pies!!

Last edited by 35reasons on Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:11 pm

**** me, people really don’t want supporters showing emotion and hurt? It’s called $£$%^%%$ passion and people who are happy with a loss will always lose.

A finals loss should hurt, a gf loss is heartbreaking especially one so $£$%^%%$ close. Fact is we weren’t good enough today and therefore something has to change. You can’t say everything is great when you don’t win the flag cos ultimately that should always be the goal

Then again for the last 7 seasons, Nicks has always celebrated the honorable losses...

Richmond stole one last year, this year showed how hard it is to do again. Bulldogs stole one the year before, why the **** can’t we ever steal a flag? For years we were one of 3 dominant sides. 1 flag we won, other 2 won 3 or 4!

Honorable losses are loser mentality and if anyone in power at this club believes in them then we are destined for failure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 6 of 31   

Jump to: